BY SUNDAY RILEY #7 in Face Oil

What it is:
A quick-absorbing, medicated dry oil to clear congested pores, treat and prevent acne, and smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for clearer, smoother skin.

Solutions for:
- Acne and blemishes
- Blackheads
- Pores

If you want to know more…
With 1.5 percent salicylic acid, this fast-acting, quick-drying, medicated oil clears acne and blackhead-causing buildup and debris from congested pores for smoother, blemish-free skin. Tea tree oil and black cumin seed oil support clear skin, while hexylresorcinol and licorice naturally brighten the appearance of old acne discolorations for a more even-toned complexion.

Counterbalancing the potentially drying effects of salicylic acid, milk thistle and cucumber seed oil nourish the skin and smooth the appearance of lines and wrinkles, without leaving a greasy residue. Chamomile and neroli soothe stressed, blemish-prone skin.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
"When I formulated U.F.O., I wanted to create a dry oil that practically disappears into the skin, leaving oily skin smooth (but never greasy) and yet effectively treated for blemishes and blackheads. Salicylic acid is notoriously over-drying, leaving your skin stripped and looking irritated. By infusing salicylic acid into clarifying oils (like tea tree oil and black cumin seed oil), the drying effects of salicylic acid are nipped in the bud, while all of the treatment aspects (like clearing congested pores and managing blackheads and blemishes) are in full-force. U.F.O. is part of the new Green Line, along with Martian Mattiyfing Melting Water-Gel Toner, created specifically for oily skin clients."—Sunday Riley

Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil
  • "Absolutely OBSESSED with this! Keeps all my stubborn acne at bay! I apply twic a day sometimes, once in the am, and once at night. Has a strong natural scent but I actually like it. It is very gentle especially for my sensitive skin. It is an oil, but it works like a charm for oily skin. Wouldn't buy any other serum! " in 93 reviews
  • "Just bought this oil, and immediately after putting it on I can feel my breakouts soothed and the light tingling from the salicylic acid so I know it's working. For my normally oily, retinol-dried out skin, it's hydrating enough for daytime use." in 78 reviews
Ronnie G.
orlando
Review for: SUNDAY RILEY U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL more...
I’m not a big fan of how this product smells. I also didn’t notice a significant difference in my breakouts when I used it. I’ve seen before and after pics of people who have used this and it makes a huge difference, just might not be the right thing for my skin type. I absolutely love this brand though and can’t bring myself to give it less than 4 stars!
Marina A.
Langley, WA
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: SUNDAY RILEY U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL more...
I got a sample of this from Sephora about a year ago. I have acne prone oily/combo skin and at the time my skin was out of control. I went to Sephora and a beauty expert gave me a sample and I really liked! Wish I would’ve bought a bottle of it because the sample only lasted me a week and a half to two weeks. But I would definitely recommend this product!
Katie T.
Review for: SUNDAY RILEY U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL more...
this stuff is GREAT. i am almost out of my .5 bottle, and super ready to purchase another. it brings any impurities to the surface and clears them right up, including and any body acne (such as on your chest/back). i always use this when it’s that time of the month and i know i can’t avoid a breakout, definitely makes my hormonal skin less of a problem!
Theresa J.
Brooklyn, NY
I am a big believer in face oils. I’ve been using the Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil for years and my skin is so much better for it. Usually breakout fighting products dry my skin severely and leave patches. This oil doesn’t do that necessarily but it wasn’t as hydrating of an oil. Also, it’s meant to be spread over the full face and not spot treated. I tried to spot treat and it just drips and doesn’t absorb quickly. The scent is very unique like all Sunday Riley products. You’ll either love it or hate it. Overall, great for folks with oily skin and acne over mild random breakouts on dry skin.
Gene H.
This oil is amazing! The smell is a little funky,  kinda reminds me of balsam fur at christmas time... but you get used to that.  It is sooo effective! Completely cleared all of my acne within 2 days (and i had breakouts EVERYWHERE) i started going crazy with this oil using it all over my face 2 times a day but i found it to be too drying. SR recommends using it as a spot treatment or only once a day, and that seemed to work perfect!
Jodi W.
Beaumont, CA
I got a mini size of this serum and I've used it a few times now. I like how fast it sinks into my skin, it has an interesting medicinal smell but really feels like it gets into the pores and clears them out. I haven't noticed it drying out my skin yet but I don't use it every night, maybe a few nights a week.
Andi H.
This oil has changed my life! I use it every night and within a week I saw improvement of my skin-fewer pimples, fewer blackheads and it keeps both at bay! The only drawback is that is smells weird as heck. But the half ounce bottle that I bought is only half gone after 6 months. It's SO worth the money!!
Erica L.
San Leandro, CA
Review for: Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 1 oz more...
Bottle is cute. Smell is strong. I was excited for this to work because I always have clogged pores in my T zone. After using this for a month I still had same amount of clogged pores so sadly it didn't work for me! It did keep my skin hydrated though. Price may be too high for me to try again.
Jaya L.
This product reaaaaaally got things clearing up. After months of useless products I finally saw a difference using this about two weeks in. Have patience and trust. If you think salicylic acid doesn’t work on your skin I still say give it a try because it’s unlike any other salicylic product I’ve used before. Interesting smell but nothing crazy
Jessica L.
I love this product!! The smell is a little unappealing, but it's honestly not that bad. It is a tradeoff for how incredible this face oil makes your face feel. I absolutely love applying it all over my face and a little goes a long way. When I wake up, my face feels so soft and it is glowing. I do not apply anything after I used this face oil. It is supposed to help with acne, and I think it does, but it doesn't prevent them that much
Mariah L.
Dover, NH
I am very interested in this product, but have dry skin. Would you recommend this for dryer skin?
Ellen R.
Ann Arbor, MI
Does this work/help sensitive/acne prone skin?
Marquita S.
Richmond
What type of scent does this oil have?
Victoria S.
Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil what did this do for your skin?
Shayla M.
Bensalem, PA
Does this leave your skin feeling more oily afterwards? I tried the Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil and it just sat on top of my skin and made me break out more. Hoping this won't do the same.