BY SUNDAY RILEY #7 in Face Oil

What it is:
A quick-absorbing, medicated dry oil to clear congested pores, treat and prevent acne, and smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for clearer, smoother skin.

Solutions for:
- Acne and blemishes
- Blackheads
- Pores

If you want to know more…
With 1.5 percent salicylic acid, this fast-acting, quick-drying, medicated oil clears acne and blackhead-causing buildup and debris from congested pores for smoother, blemish-free skin. Tea tree oil and black cumin seed oil support clear skin, while hexylresorcinol and licorice naturally brighten the appearance of old acne discolorations for a more even-toned complexion.

Counterbalancing the potentially drying effects of salicylic acid, milk thistle and cucumber seed oil nourish the skin and smooth the appearance of lines and wrinkles, without leaving a greasy residue. Chamomile and neroli soothe stressed, blemish-prone skin.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
"When I formulated U.F.O., I wanted to create a dry oil that practically disappears into the skin, leaving oily skin smooth (but never greasy) and yet effectively treated for blemishes and blackheads. Salicylic acid is notoriously over-drying, leaving your skin stripped and looking irritated. By infusing salicylic acid into clarifying oils (like tea tree oil and black cumin seed oil), the drying effects of salicylic acid are nipped in the bud, while all of the treatment aspects (like clearing congested pores and managing blackheads and blemishes) are in full-force. U.F.O. is part of the new Green Line, along with Martian Mattiyfing Melting Water-Gel Toner, created specifically for oily skin clients."—Sunday Riley

Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil
  • "Absolutely OBSESSED with this! Keeps all my stubborn acne at bay! I apply twic a day sometimes, once in the am, and once at night. Has a strong natural scent but I actually like it. It is very gentle especially for my sensitive skin. It is an oil, but it works like a charm for oily skin. Wouldn't buy any other serum! " in 93 reviews
  • "Just bought this oil, and immediately after putting it on I can feel my breakouts soothed and the light tingling from the salicylic acid so I know it's working. For my normally oily, retinol-dried out skin, it's hydrating enough for daytime use." in 78 reviews
Farah H.
Baltimore, MD
Review for: SUNDAY RILEY U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL more...
Ok so, prepare for a long, stan-ing review. This face oil is my favorite skin care item on the market right now. I tell everyone who has a problem with mild-moderate (even severe in some cases!) acne to invest in this product. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! I happened upon this product by sheer chance, I went into a Sephora looking for some new heavier coverage foundation for the terrible breakouts I was having.  The young lady did a few things, spoke to me about a few products, including this face oil and the Sunday Riley acne mask, and then wrote them all down for me. To make a long story short, I did the rest of my shopping and went into the bathroom when I noticed a HUGE difference in the acne versus when I first walked into the mall. I knew it was the skin oil because it was one of the only things she put on after she cleansed and toned and I immediately turned around to purchase. I will say that it does have a "purging" effect when you first use it but, STICK THROUGH IT I PROMISE YOU IT'S WORTH IT. Every time I experience a break out now, I apply this at night and in the morning it's more or less GONE. I attached before and afters WITH NO FACE MAKEUP and this is not a paid review, just someone who has tried any and everything and finally found a product that WORKS. The first two photos are the day I discovered the oil, one before it was applied and then one HOURS afterward (in the red jacket). The other two have a difference of about one week and then three weeks post UFO! (I tried to attach two post UFO photos but it wouldn't let me so there is only one) My only complaint is how EXPENSIVE IT IS :(  Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil
Caitlin P.
Wake Forest, NC
My first facial oil I ever purchased, this used to be my skin savior whenever my skin felt congested. Sadly, after about a year and a half, this oil just doesn't seem to make a difference anymore.

It still improves redness when I wear it to sleep and by morning my complexion is bright and even, but my skin has adjusted to the oil so much that it does little to combat my hormonal breakouts.

The smell doesn't bother me, however I found this oil to be heavy and slow to absorb into the skin and could only wear it at night.

I'm back on the hunt for a life-changing facial oil that will zap breakouts.
Alison P.
This oil is MAGIC! I am so happy I have found a product that actually works for my skin. I have spent years using intense creams from the dermo that just dried my skin out and made my acne worse. This oil helped to clear up my skin in a few days and continues to fight clogged pores. I also sometimes have cystic acne (painful!) and this oil has shrunk my cystic acne and made it way less painful. This product will be a part of my routine for forever. Make sure you also use a moisturizer at some point during your routine with this oil to prevent dry skin. This product is worth the price and the oil goes a very long way.
farzeen R.
Purchased at: Sephora
I tried this out for a about a month because I heard great things about this product. As someone that really struggles with acne I’m always looking for that miracle product that would make a 180 on my acne spots. Unfortunately this wasn’t it, while it didn’t clear up my acne it also didn’t make it worse. As with most acne products, some active ingredients work for some people and don’t for others. This wasn’t the product for me (but I am trying to focus on multiple problem solving products instead of one magic one) and part of the reason is the smell. It’s smells like the inside of your mom’s spice cabinet.
Zisan E.
Tustin, CA
Purchased at: Sephora
I’m not really an oil person so I was hesitant when I bought this but the amazing reviews were just too good to pass up. It’s very lightweight and doesn’t leave your face feeling oily at all. My whole family keeps commenting that my face looks so great, my acne is clearing up and my face is noticeably brighter and my pores are shrinking. I use this with the good genes lactic acid and the ceramic slip cleanser and I love them all! Wish it was more budget friendly but with the results it’s definitely worth it!
Ashlee H.
This is my absolute holy grail. If I could only keep one skin care product I would hard pressed to chose between this and moisturizer since I have pretty dry skin. For at least the last year or more I have had persistent hormonal cystic acne on my chin. Every time one breakout finally cleared another showed up. It was so frustrating because not only was my skin never clear but each breakout left a new scar even though I wasn’t picking at them. I saw this product and wanted to try it but wasn’t ready to justify the price so instead I tried charcoal masks which never really seemed to help and spot treatments which helped a bit but never fully cleared a breakout or prevented a new one. The first day I used this I saw results. I put it on before bed and when I woke up my breakouts were smaller and much less red and the texture on my forehead was better. After 3 days my breakouts were all but gone and while I could feel new ones developing under my skin they never broke through to the surface. after two weeks (or even less) my skin was clear. No breakouts on my face and hardly any texture on my forehead. I use this every night in my problems areas and can’t imagine going back.
Shay R.
Roxbury, MA
Review for: SUNDAY RILEY U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL more...
I got this in the Space Race set and even though this is the smaller version I know it will last me a LOOOONGG Time. I’ve been using this every other night or every few nights with a jade roller and let me tell you I’m seeing results! The smell can be a bit of a turn off but it’s worth it to me. My face is starting to clear up (I have minor acne, mostly on my cheeks/forehead and acne scarring) and I have to say this is a contributing factor!
Cheryl A.
Texas
Purchased at: Nordstrom
Review for: SUNDAY RILEY U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL more...
I got this as a free gift sample with a larger purchase. I was hesitant to use it bc it’s supposed to bring to surface or clarify, but what I didn’t realize it also helps with dark spots. It helps bring to surface clogged pores and it’s fast absorbing so I put my Luna oil on after and top with Sunday’s Good Genes if it’s in my rotation that night. I find it helps with keeping the purging at bay! Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid TreatmentSunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil
Tina G.
New York
Review for: SUNDAY RILEY U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL more...
For someone with very reactive skin I have had a hard time finding skin care that works well for all of my concerns. My skin is combination Oily/Dry, sensitive, break out prone but only with those little under the skin bumps that rarely become a full flown pimple. Most blemish treatments over dry my skin and cause more of those little bumps yet if I don’t use anything containing salicylic acid my skin becomes so oily my face looks like a glossy surface and keeping my complexion clear and even is a chore. Then I found Sunday Riley UFO oil... I use this 3-4 times per week (a day or so in between) I either mix a few drops with my exfoliator or I massage a few drops into my skin prior to moisturizer. In just a couple of weeks I noticed a smoother texture, fewer blackheads, my skin feels soft and there is also more even tone. This oil will be a staple in my skin care regimen from now on
Lindsey A.
Batavia, NY
Sunday Riley has always been either hit or miss for me. This is pretty in between though. As someone with oily skin, I was hesitant that a facial oil would help with any acne or blemishes. This soaked in pretty easily and didn't leave me too slimy. I don't feel that it really helped with current blemishes, but I do think it helped me to not get any more.
Mariah L.
Dover, NH
I am very interested in this product, but have dry skin. Would you recommend this for dryer skin?
Ellen R.
Ann Arbor, MI
Does this work/help sensitive/acne prone skin?
Marquita S.
Richmond
What type of scent does this oil have?
Victoria S.
Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil what did this do for your skin?
Shayla M.
Bensalem, PA
Does this leave your skin feeling more oily afterwards? I tried the Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil and it just sat on top of my skin and made me break out more. Hoping this won't do the same.

Sephora