2 colors available

BY SUNDAY RILEY #33 in Facial Moisturizers

What it is:
A quick-absorbing, medicated dry oil to clear congested pores, treat and prevent acne, and smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for clearer, smoother skin.

Solutions for:
- Acne and blemishes
- Blackheads
- Pores

If you want to know more…
With 1.5 percent salicylic acid, this fast-acting, quick-drying, medicated oil clears acne and blackhead-causing buildup and debris from congested pores for smoother, blemish-free skin. Tea tree oil and black cumin seed oil support clear skin, while hexylresorcinol and licorice naturally brighten the appearance of old acne discolorations for a more even-toned complexion.

Counterbalancing the potentially drying effects of salicylic acid, milk thistle and cucumber seed oil nourish the skin and smooth the appearance of lines and wrinkles, without leaving a greasy residue. Chamomile and neroli soothe stressed, blemish-prone skin.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
"When I formulated U.F.O., I wanted to create a dry oil that practically disappears into the skin, leaving oily skin smooth (but never greasy) and yet effectively treated for blemishes and blackheads. Salicylic acid is notoriously over-drying, leaving your skin stripped and looking irritated. By infusing salicylic acid into clarifying oils (like tea tree oil and black cumin seed oil), the drying effects of salicylic acid are nipped in the bud, while all of the treatment aspects (like clearing congested pores and managing blackheads and blemishes) are in full-force. U.F.O. is part of the new Green Line, along with Martian Mattiyfing Melting Water-Gel Toner, created specifically for oily skin clients."—Sunday Riley

• Any people of color that's had great results with this product? I h...1 Answers
  • Is this worth the money? And does it smell as bad as I imagine it d...2 Answers
  • i have oily combo skin with occasional breakouts ...Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora*
Kourtney S.
Kourtney S.
Review for: Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 1 oz
Bought this at Sephora about two weeks ago. I am happy with it. I have oily skin & large pores. When fitting this into my routine I've grown to love it. At first it does pull out impurities so my skin did break out a little bit. It will dry your skin out because of the salicylic acid in it so I combine this with a moisturizer or an oil. But it has made a big difference in the appearance of my pores & my skin. It has a strong earthy like scent but nothing you can't get past. It is extremely over priced unfortunately but I feel skin care is worth the price. But don't think you can just slap this on your face and it'll fix any problems you have. You do need a routine. Wash, tone, & make sure to moisturizer with it. But it does everything it says. It takes time but after two weeks I have noticed a change & I plan to keep using it and hope that my skin will get even better. Also, a little goes a long way! I use a few drops for my whole face. Then apply moisturizer on top. Love this.
Betsy F.
Betsy F.
Tampa, FL
Review for: Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 1 oz
Amazing stuff and there's nothing out there like it! After reading the reviews on the Sephora app I insisted on going to the store the next day for a sample and that night I fell in love! Like most fans, I have pretty oily skin but I love the science behind using oils for skin oil and this one definitely raised my standards. I love the texture, love that it's green, and the scent doesn't make an impression on me (I would be more concerned if there was a strong pretty or perfumey scent, because that always means no good ingredients). The morning after I used it I had to fight the urge to touch my face because it was unbelievably soft! It doesn't always absorb completely, I've had some on my face the next day, but I'm still finding my groove of the right amount so I still wouldn't knock off a star for that. I can see this staying on my sink for a long time and that's great because it's also gorgeous!
Lexi G.
Lexi G.
Kenmore, WA
Review for: Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 1 oz
Yes, the price tag on this facial oil is STEEP. But holy cow, now that I've been using it I won't be able to not have it in my skin care routine. I've found that about half of a droppers worth is more than enough to cover my face and part of my neck if I feel like I have a touch too much product so your money is going to go a long way.

I could see how the smell would be a little off putting, especially since the Martian toner smells so good but it's a very effective product.

I use this in the evening before my moisturizer and have really noticed a difference in the quality of my skin. It's smoother, softer and I'm definitely seeing a difference in the oil levels of my face.

The one thing I would recommend is keeping the box so you have something safe to put it in for traveling because the glass bottle is pretty fragile feeling.
Olivia H.
Olivia H.
Gilbert, AZ
Review for: Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 1 oz
Purchased this at Sephora a couple weeks ago. I really like the product. I have combination skin (more oily) with occasional breakouts. Any oil I've used before has me too oily. The is best facial oil I've tried. I'm giving 4 stars because it hasn't impressed me that much (especially considering the price).
Acne medicine in the oil - YES! this does help breakouts. Goes with martian toner great. Good for morning and night. Overall appearance of skin has improved. Little bottle will last you a long time (I use 4 drops each application)
On the other hand... Expensive. Application is a bit messy. Best method for me is to drop on back of hand and then apply. Not a significant change in my skin. Product suggests putting in foundation. I put one or two drops in and my makeup gets greasy so I wouldn't recommend doing that.
Veronica P.
Veronica P.
Review for: Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 1 oz
I purchased this item because the season changed & my skin became an ugly disaster. I went into a sephora store in search of a product that can clear acne. I've been using it for about a month. In the first two weeks I noticed my skin becoming clear. I usually always have acne on my forehead but after using this product daily it cleared my forehead! The only problem was that I added another product into my night routine & it made me break out, so I'm back to having acne, except on my forehead. Now that I have eliminated that product I added I am starting to notice my skin clear up again. I love using this since it turns my dull skin into a luminous shine. I enjoy the scent alot & I am so glad I have this in my collection! I would totally recommend
Summer H.
Summer H.
Wilton, CA
Review for: Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 1 oz
This stuff has saved my skin recently! I've been breaking out a lot around my mouth/chin area and I've tried so many different acne serums and cleansers and I've finally found the products from Sunday Riley that I'll be using for a very long time. This oil is AMAZING. It's hydrating but dries out my acne at the same time. I am oily and a little sensitive and this oil doesn't make me a greaseball. It absorbs pretty fast and doesn't disturb my makeup throughout the day. I use this after the Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser and the Martian toner (both also from Sunday Riley) both day and night, and it's a miracle worker for my skin. I'm obsessed!!!! I've never been this impressed with skincare before. Thank you Sunday Riley.
Madeline G.
Madeline G.
Anchorage, AK
Review for: Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 1 oz
I've been using this product for a few weeks and I'm pretty impressed. I've suffered from acne most of my life and can't use acne treatments because they irritate my skin really bad. I was hoping this would help reduce some acne flare ups while hydrating my skin and I was right! I have fewer, less severe flare ups and my skin is smoothr and virtually flake free now! I have really oily skin on the surface but it's also dry so I think that's why acne stuff makes me so flaky and red. I use this just at night (no moisturizer needed on top) and have been alternating with some samples of the Luna oil. I took one star off because I don't care for the smell and it's expensive (although I'm sure it will last a long time).
Christine C.
Christine C.
Minneapolis, MN
Review for: Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 1 oz
This is the best at clarifying my skin than any oil, serum, or mask I've ever tried. I have normal to oily skin, especially in my T-zone, so a lot of oils are too much for me. I am also easily congested and have some blackheads that seem to have taken up permanent residence on my nose. This doesn't remove long-term blackheads, but it does make everywhere else on my skin feel less congested and clearer and my nose looks the best it ever looks on mornings after I've used this oil. It absorbs quickly, much quicker than the Juno oil, which was too heavy for me. The scent is a little unusual; I'm not sure how to describe it, but it isn't unpleasant and now I actually kind of like it.
Alina R.
Alina R.
Orlando, FL
Review for: Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 1 oz
I have sensitive combination skin with both dry and oily patches. This has definitely helped keep my acne less inflamed and the salicylic acid is great for pushing the blackheads to the surface. For sensitive users like myself, I wouldn't suggest putting this on directly. It made me very red. It's much easier on the skin to mix it in with a thicker serum or moisturizer (but nothing with niacinamide, though!). I started with one drop once a day then moved to two and eventually three drops once a day. Start small and build up according to your tolerance level. I use this in conjunction with the toner (which I LOVE). I know they're more expensive, but a little goes a long way!
Yessie R.
Yessie R.
Las Vegas, NV
Review for: Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 1 oz
The new Sunday Riley UFO oil has rave reviews with good reason. I purchased this basef off those reviews and I'm glad I did. It might be a bit pricey but it well worth it. I don't remember the last time my face looked this good. I've only been using this for about 2 weeks and my fiancé has already complimented me on my skin. I suffer from mini bumps all throughout my forehead and cheeks and NOTHING I've tried has helped! I was only burning my skin. This facial oil has made a huge difference for me! I've still got some more work to do but this will stay in my regimen for sure!
Mariah L.
Mariah L.
Dover, NH
I am very interested in this product, but have dry skin. Would you recommend this for dryer skin?
Victoria S.
Victoria S.
Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil what did this do for your skin?
Toshi C.
Toshi C.
Van Nuys, CA
Does this work?? I get really oily skin whenever I'm in the sun for extended periods of time and/or hot. This causes redness and breakouts and I'd like something to control the excess oil that is created around my nose, forehead, and lip!
S. W.
S. W.
Can you use this alongside a prescription retinoid? Would you use it on the same day? Alternate days?
Ellen R.
Ellen R.
Ann Arbor, MI
Does this work/help sensitive/acne prone skin?