Add a Photo

By SUNDAY RILEY
#24 in Facial Moisturizers
Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry Sensitive A lightweight, oil-free formula that brightens and illuminates while providing up to 24 hours of moisture for a youthful, plump appearance. Solutions for: - Dryness - Dark spots - Uneven skintone If you want to know more… Tidal delivers an intense water drench plus two forms of hyaluronic acid for a more youthful, hydrated look. Papaya enzymes smooth and exfoliate, while alpha-arbutin and exotic floral extracts brighten hyperpigmentation spots and illuminate the complexion. Tidal significantly increases hydration within minutes and provides up to 24 hours of continuous moisture. It is formulated Without: - Parabens - Sulfates - Phthalates This product is oil-free, noncomedogenic, cruelty-free, vegan, hypoallergenic, and gluten-free.
Photos (31)
Celeste S.
Celeste S.
Sparta, TN

This is my holy grail of all skincare. I have been using this product for almost a year now. Tidal contains 3 forms of hydration plus antioxidant enzymes that brighten, reduce photoaging, and boost cell turnover rate. It is for combination to dry skin. I noticed results the first week of use; my skin was severely damaged by hormonal acne and chemical acid use (AHAs and retinoids). Within 6 months, my dry patches were gone. After 9 months, my peeling has stopped completely. Now, my skin is smooth and there is very little texture left. My scars have faded down noticeably, especially 2 large jagged ones across my cheek. After I put it on, my face looks so bright and healthy. It does not clog pores or leave residue. It sinks into the skin and it is so light that you can't tell you put it on. It has never bothered my makeup, I put it on under my primer. It has changed my entire face in a good way, but those are just my results. I am a fan for life.
Sarah M.
Sarah M.
Spring, TX

Finally a SILICONE FREE moisturizer! Silicone is great, don't get me wrong. But it's in just about everything now; and for some of us that means clogged pores-lots of them. Some people are just sensitive to it and I am one of those people. I'm oily, prone to congested skin full of comedones and pimples. On top of that, my skin is easily dehydrated! It needs moisture, otherwise it becomes flaky and greasy at the same time. Enter Sunday Riley Tidal. It soaks in fast, hydrates fully with no greasiness later on. The texture is a delicate, melting cream. It's even soothing! 3 weeks in, I'm noticing a difference. My skin is less congested and I am not producing new blemishes. And it's actually packed full of active ingredients! I bought the full size. Worth every penny. I think this is my new HG hydrator. THANK YOU, SUNDAY RILEY!!
Alex A.
Alex A.
Los Angeles, CA

This Tidal moisturizer is everything! I am a huge Sunday Riley fan and have been using their products exclusively for almost a year. As a result, my 36 year old skin has never looked better. I have always had issues with acne, large pores, oiliness and uneven skintone. Once I started using Sunday Riley products (Blue Moon, Luna, Juno, Start Over and now Tidal) I saw my pores tighten and shrink, my skintone even out and become super soft and my skin type is now normal. I don't have a single break out either! These products truly deliver in a way I have never experienced with any other product or product line. This moisturizer is genius in that it delivers moisture without over moisturizing and exfoliates at the same time. My skin looks so fresh and luminous! Truly worth every penny!
Christina D.
Christina D.

A little goes a long way with this moisturizer! This great water cream feels absolutely amazing on my skin and if it wasn't so expensive I'd probably slather it all over my body! Haha but at 65 bucks a pop I've managed to contain myself. It's very cooling and just melts into your skin. I bought it to use after my Sunday Riley UFO Ultra Clarifying Oil, since I wanted something to help brighten my skin and fade my acne scars and discoloration. I haven't used it long enough to get those long term benefits yet, but I definitely notice my skin feels hydrated and smooth all day, and looks plumper and brighter as well! I got a few samples of this from sephora before finally being ready to commit, and I suggest anyone who isn't so sure whether or not to invest should do the same.
Haley V.
Haley V.

This product is pricey, but unlike a lot of moisturizers, I am unaware of anything at a lower price point that will do as good of a job in the same way. I have been using it every day for 4 weeks now and it has definitely made a difference in the texture of my skin (especially in smoothing out those tiny "under the skin" flesh-toned bumps) while also keeping my skin well-hydrated. This is not necessarily a very heavy moisturizer, so those looking for an intense cream will be disappointed. However, if you have normal, combination, or oily skin with textural issues that you would like to refine, I recommend trying a sample. You should note that it does have a significant fresh cucumber-type scent, if you are sensitive to fragrance.
Justine C.
Justine C.

Maybe it's my skin type, but this moisturizer makes my skin too oily, which can eventually causes me to break out. I'm sensitive and acne-prone, so I have to be careful not to let my skin get too oily. I stopped using it, but I gave it to my mom. She has very dry skin and also has many sun spots on her face. She doesn't use much skin care, but I gave this to her to use for her sun spots and it helped lighten them so much! It did take some time to see results, but after twice daily application over the past 2 months, we have noticed a huge difference in the evenness of her complexion. I wish it were mattifying so I could use it. I might try it again in the winter when my skin is more dry.
Kristianna W.
Kristianna W.

I received this product as a deluxe sample from Sephora as a mobile offer. I honestly only picked it because it came included with a few other things I want to try and I have heard good this about SR. I didn't even know what the claims were until I received it. I have VERY sensitive, combo skin. Just about anything gives me a breakout. This hasn't, and In fact, I haven't broken out once for the two weeks I've been using this!!! I highly recommend getting a sample from Sephora and trying it out. It's so worth it for skin like mine. It is just the right amount of moisture as well. The sample I got will probably still last me another two weeks, but after that I fully plan to purchase it.
Alex L.
Alex L.
Seattle, WA

This is the best hyaluronic acid serum I have ever used. Sunday Riley has used two different sized hyaluronic acid molecules, so each type goes to different depths of your skin layers and attracts and holds moisture in your skin. The second you put it on, you feel like your face has just taken a big refreshing drink of water. It is amazing. This plumps your fine lines, and smoothes your complexion. The coolest thing about this, is that it is so moisturizing and OIL FREE! If you really want to lock in the moisture you can top this with a more occlusive product containing oil, like a light moisturizer or one of the Sunday Riley facial oils. I am so happy to have found this product!
Meredith T.
Meredith T.
Oak Park, Il

This is my absolute holy grail all time moisturizer. I have tried everything from LancĂ´me to Cerave. High end to drugstore and Tidal wows me. First of all the scent is amazing, I am very fragrance sensitive and prone to headaches and this has a nice gentle spa ocean smell. As someone with dry skin who still winds up oily throughout the day, this has worked wonders. It is a water gel so it soaks effortlessly into the skin. Hydrating enough to make me feel moisturized but never leaves me greasy. After my first night using it I was hooked. I woke up with the SOFTEST skin I have ever had. Immediately went out and purchased the full size and have been using it ever since. MUST BUY!!
Liz G.
Liz G.
Green valley, AZ

This is the year of skincare for me! I've never tried this brand so I wanted to use my points and get a sample. The very first use it felt amazing and super luxurious. It absorbs very well and made my face stay hydrated like nothing I've ever tried (and using a very small amount of product)!!! It does stay a little tacky on the skin for a bit but I wear this to bed so it's no biggie. The scent is cucumber like but doesn't last long. I wish I could describe how this makes your skin feel: cool - tingly - calm/relaxed, it may be my next skincare purchase. Only 4 stars because it's still new to me and I need to see if it breaks me out, etc.
Lauren Y.
Lauren Y.

Is this worth the money?
Miranda O.
Miranda O.
Center Line, MI

Does this cause breakouts?
Ali S.
Ali S.
Minneapolis, MN

Does this work well as prep for makeup or is it too heavy to put on right before primer/foundation?
Richelle R.
Richelle R.

Does this work ok with oily skin? I am somewhat getting it under control, but I think a good moisturizer will help do the trick. I love the Luna Oil and Good Genes, so I wanted to try a few more of the Sunday Riley products.
Kira C.
Kira C.
Alameda , CA

I love Sunday Riley Products but I'm always curious before I purchase what others opinions are, I personally have normal skin with dry patches around my nose and jaw. Would this be better as an everyday moisturizer or better for skin prep before makeup application?