BY SUNDAY RILEY

Normal Oily Combination Dry Dehydrated Acne-Prone Mature Sensitive Skin Concern: Oiliness Large Pores Acne Blackheads Research Results In a corneometer test on 56 subjects, all of whom have large pores: 100% of subjects felt the product reduced the shiny look of their skin. 100% felt the product helped reduce the look of their pore size. 100% felt that their skin felt hydrated after use. 100% felt the product made their skin feel smoother. 100% thought it absorbed well into their skin. 92.86%. see more...

Buy on Sephora
Kate C.
Columbus
I like this when I’m VERY oily. It has a thicker texture than most toners, so I think if someone is oily enough it’s a great moisturizer/primer. If I have a little dryness it’s not nearly enough hydration. But for someone very oily this is so good to use as a moisturizer. I like the smell but it can be a little strong (very lemongrassy). Makes my skin feel soft and absorbs quickly.
Cortney C.
San Diego
I bought this at Sephora in the SUNDAY RILEY Space Race Fight Acne, Oil + Pores at Warp Speed Kit. I enjoy Sunday Riley Modern Skincare Martian Mattifying Melting Water-Gel Toner, 1.7 oz./ 50 mL. It’s a watery- gel texture that seems to keep my acne at bay. It’s gentle on my sensitive skin and smells wonderful. I highly recommend! The only downfall is the packaging. The gold starts to flake off after a few weeks.
Lynn W.

skin type:oilyNot worth the hype-08.14.18I really wanted this product to be the one that controlled my oily t-zone skin, but it didn't live up to the hype. I used it daily in the mornings and evenings for about 3 months and noticed no difference long or short term with my skin. Love the brand, but this product falls short.
Tiffany P.
NICE! Super cool going on the skin. Water-based so it goes on smooth. Wonderful for oily skin. And works well on reducing pore size. Really like this product. Got a sample of it and will seriously consider adding to my arsenal.
Sierra W.
Portland, OR
i tried this as part of a kit at sephora that also included the sunday riley ufo oil and the saturn mask. out of the three, this gel was my least favorite. i absolutely love the saturn mask and ufo but this gel is too drying for my skin. it left it too matte when i like a dewy look.
Annette M.
I absolutely love this stuff. The marshmallow root smells odd, but the formula works on my face. I tend to breakout around my nose and chin. These areas are usually shiny and makeup just slides off. The mattifying gel toner actually takes the oil out of my skin without over drying.
Shayla M.
Manitou Beach, MI
If mattifying is a major concern for you, then this unique toner — it transforms from a lightweight gel to easily-absorbed liquid — will do the trick, using bentonite clay to minimize shine all day long. It might be too drying for more sensitive, less problematic skin types that need a bit more moisture, but it smells like cucumber water, which is nice
Chelz B.
United States
I love Sunday Riley products, they really work well for my acne and feel great on my skin. This product is luxurious and you can feel the quality. To me it is refreshing and feels kind of minty which is nice in the morning. However I have a few major problems with this product which is why I won't be repurchasing when I finish the bottle.

1) It does not do what it claims to do which is to mattify my face. I apply this in the morning and my face is still oily as usual, this made no difference.
2) The gold lining of the cap comes off which takes away from the quality and makes it feel cheap and worse of all I now get gold flakes stuck to my face.
3) The smell isn't the greatest and it kind of lingers and gives my face a weird smell.
Adriana F.
North Platte, NE
I am obsessed with this stuff! I have oily, acne prone AND sensitive skin and this stuff worked wonders for me! It really cleared my skin up, felt great going on and the scent is great at well. The price is the only reason I gave it 4 stars but I would still repurchase
Julia G.
Charlotte
This stuff actually does diminish shine effectively but it smells absolutely awful!! I was wanting to try Sunday Riley and this was the cheapest of their products so I ordered it on sale from Urban Outfitters and I’ve liked it but I have to hold my breath.