BY SUNDAY RILEY #64 in Toners & Astringents

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Sensitive A formula that transforms from a cooling gel to a water toner as it clarifies, removes oil, and visibly tightens pores for clear, matte skin. Solutions for:- Oiliness- Pores- Acne and blemishes If you want to know more… Martian Mattifying Melting Water-Gel Toner is formulated to target oily and acne-prone skin concerns. Immediately melting from a treatment gel to a water toner as it is massaged into the skin, it contains bentonite clay to mattify and visibly reduce pore size, and marshmallow and green tea to soothe and cool the signs of redness and sensitive skin for a calmer-looking complexion. Cucumber and witch hazel extracts tone and tighten, while Manuka a relative of tea tree oil along with black cumin and magnolia bark extracts provide natural antibacterial properties to balance oily and problem skin conditions and promote a visibly improved, clearer, smoother, shine-free complexion. Skin is mattified and prepped for further skin care or color application, and it helps to keep foundation set all day. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates This product is gluten-free.

• Does this have a foul odor to anyone else?1 Answers
  • I never use toner because it always breaks me out and makes my no...2 Answers
  • Does this product seem last a long time? I like the UFO oil and w...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Julie Z.
Vancouver, WA
The Martian has landed! This right here is one of my favorite toners. Not for every day use but for days my skin is being grumpy or when I need to be extra matte. It's a great pair with make up as it keeps your skin from being oily by using bentonite clay. It's also great for acne which is a plus. I also like to use this when my skin is having multiple breakouts and needs a antibacterial barrier. Sometimes I find when I'm breaking out, too moisturizing of products can irritate the acne more. This does a good job at balancing it out. It has marshmallow extract which calms and soothes the skin, Manuka which is antibacterial and purifying, as well as witch hazel, green tea, tumeric, black cumin, lemongrass and cucumber. I am sad to say though that the second ingredient is alcohol, which drives me nuts. But since I keep my skin so hydrated and don't use it regularly; I don't have an issue. This is a good product for days you need your make up to be flawless in hot weather or your skin needs a detox. It can be used in place of a regular toner or patted on top of moisturizer to give you a matte finish.
Mallory C.
Kingsville, OH
I adore this toner so much!! Green is my favorite color and the gel toner comes out martian green! It’s probably the coolest part of my skincare routine in the morning. While I adore the packaging so much the pump is a little problematic. It’s really easy to pump out more than you need. If you barely press down though you’ll get just the right amount. Something else I really like is there is a paragraph on the back that explains all the ingredients and what they do for your skin which I appreciated. I have really oily skin and this helps a lot in the morning. It really helps mattify my skin and soothe it. It has great ingredients like cucumber, tea tree, green tea, bentonite clay, and marshmallow root. I love the fact it’s a gel toner because it’s better for oily skin and preps my skin great for other skincare!
Bella M.
corpus christi
I really liked this product the first few months. It smelled nice, I loved how it has a gel texture so I didn’t have to use a cotton pad, and it helped keep my oil at bay when it was at its worst. Sadly around half way through the bottle I felt like it wasn’t as effective as it was in the past and because it had denaturated alcohol in it I wasn’t going to keep using it without results. I’ll probably pick up the smaller size of this in the summer though when I start getting really oily again to see if it helps.
Jennifer A.
Lake Forest, CA
I don't really know how to describe why I liked this so much, but I bought it when my skin was really angry with me after being pretty perfect for a couple years. I have oily skin that is prone to small whiteheads and the occasional cystic pimple around my period. I had accidentally used glycolic and retinol together, so my skin was red and peeling, but this just really calmed down and soothed my skin, helped it smooth out and heal, and it felt really cooling. Despite the ingredients that might sound irritating, it didn't aggravate. The smell might bother some, but I didn't have a problem with it.
I did find a reduction in blackheads and my pores seemed clearer (not smaller, which is impossible). I wouldn't say it made my skin less oily, maybe for the initial couple hours, but not past that.
Overall, if you are acne prone I would definitely recommend something like this over a harsh toner that will strip and aggravate your skin, and this is a really affordable option from Sunday Riley's range.
Maya L.
Fremont, CA
I have tried this toner a few times. The first time I used it, it broke me out so I discontinued using it. A few months later it was a 100 pt perk at Sephora so I decided I would just give it a try again. At this time I liked it. It made my skin very soft and matte without over drying it. But as I kept using it I realized it is just not for me. I think that although my skin is mostly oily, it just needs more hydration. This is not a bad product, and I would recommend for very oily skin, but it is not for me, or if you have more combo skin.
Chandra B.
I love this toner! I have oily skin and this is perfect for me. It keeps my face from getting oily and breaking up my makeup. Use it after you wash your face and before you moisturize. This is my go-to toner for days when I need my makeup to last longer. The formula is nice. It is a little expensive, but worth it!
Lauren D.
Rocky Hill, CT
I had a sample of this product, and really liked how it made my skin feel. It’s very cooling and not overly thick or hydrating. However, after a few weeks of use I think it started to cause my skin to get bumpy and textured. It’s a shame because it was definitely helping with oil control! Maybe I was just allergic to one of the ingredients? I would definitely also recommend trying a sample to see how your skin reacts.
Lindsey P.
This sets the tone (pun intended) for the day. I feel like it mattifies my skin nicely and gives me a good canvas for applying makeup. My skin did purge for a week or so when I started using it but since then, it has only reacted positively! If you have a toner that works for you, I don’t recommend switching to this unless your dying to try it. If you’re in the market for a toner, this could be your life saver.
Reina L.
Elmhurst, NY
I purchased this in a kit for my acne prone skin. This toner is different than all timers I had used before because is thick, usually toners are very liquidy. This toner feels more like a serum and the container has a pump. I still getting use to the fact that is thicker than most toners. I do like the cooking effect and I like the smell. I also like the fact that it leave your skin matte
Ericka M.
Little Rock, AR
I’m a huge fan of Sunday Riley! This product is a hit or miss for me. My skin type is combination and gets oily throughout the day especially in my T zones. Some days this toner dries out my skin too much but I also notice that it does help on the more humid days in preventing oiliness. I may just need to apply it to certain areas of my face rather than all over.
Kalisha C.
Brooklyn, NY
Do you use this on a cotton pad or just rub into your skin? How do you apply??
Genevieve S.
E Wallingford, VT
I love the UFO oil, which I love, but I have been interested in this as well. Is it too drying for dry skin?
Erica S.
Worth the money? I have very bad acne prone skin and an oily complexion and really need something that's going to work. Sunday Riley Martian Mattifying Melting Water-Gel Toner
Angela R.
Boca Raton, FL
I'm seriously interested in this product, but the price is giving me pause. How does this toner compare to the umbra clay one?
Erica J.
White Oak, TX
How does this work with the ufo oil? I just splurged on it and this is avail liable to redeem with points. Should I get it?