BY SUNDAY RILEY #25 in Toners & Astringents

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Sensitive A formula that transforms from a cooling gel to a water toner as it clarifies, removes oil, and visibly tightens pores for clear, matte skin. Solutions for:- Oiliness- Pores- Acne and blemishes If you want to know more… Martian Mattifying Melting Water-Gel Toner is formulated to target oily and acne-prone skin concerns. Immediately melting from a treatment gel to a water toner as it is massaged into the skin, it contains bentonite clay to mattify and visibly reduce pore size, and marshmallow and green tea to soothe and cool the signs of redness and sensitive skin for a calmer-looking complexion. Cucumber and witch hazel extracts tone and tighten, while Manuka a relative of tea tree oil along with black cumin and magnolia bark extracts provide natural antibacterial properties to balance oily and problem skin conditions and promote a visibly improved, clearer, smoother, shine-free complexion. Skin is mattified and prepped for further skin care or color application, and it helps to keep foundation set all day. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates This product is gluten-free.

• I never use toner because it always breaks me out and makes my norm...2 Answers
  • Does this product seem last a long time? I like the UFO oil and wan...3 Answers
  • Has anyone found a good /cheaper dupe for this? 3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Nicole T.
Nicole T.
Signal Hill, CA
Cost: $55.00 USD

I have combination oily skin. And to be honest, finding a good toner was my biggest problem in terms of skin care.

I got to purchase this a day before Sephora actually released it, I had heard such good things about it and begged the Sales Associate to let me purchase it that day, and she let me.

I am one of those people who even though I know any toners that have some sort of Alcohol component in them, means it isn't really good for your skin, I still tend to use them, merely for the fact that I feel it leaves my skin cleaner. So it was always difficult for me to find a toner worth repurchasing.

I have been using this toner for over 3 weeks now, and all I can really say is this is probably the best toner I have ever purchased. My pores are smaller, and I don't even have large pores to begin with, so the fact that I could see a difference is fantastic. It leaves my skin clean, fights oil, and has made a huge difference in my skin texture. Overall, amazing product!
Ann T.
Ann T.
Brookfield, WI
I just started using this product and so far I really like it. I purchased at Sephora for 55.00. That is a pretty steep price for toner. I was researching a new toner to buy. This summer, my skin seemed very oily. The weather has been very hot and humid. I don't get breakouts but I was starting to get some little pimples on my face. I don't know if it is from sunscreen or my new foundation or just the weather. The product comes in a premium pump container. The toner is green in color and is opaque and has a gel consistency. It smells of lemon and sort of a herbal scent. It made my skin feel nice and not oily. I'm hoping that this product helps with putting on my foundation and not feeling so oily. It contains betonite clay to dry and matify. As a plus, I figured my husband could use the product since he has oily skin and large pores. I have sensitive skin and had no problems
Arthi S.
Arthi S.
Chesterfield, NJ
I have struggled with troubled skin for years now, but nothing has made as significant of a change in the appearance of my acne as this product has. Oily combination skin is a hassle to combat, and stubborn acne and acne scars were aplenty on my face prior to using this product. The slippery gel-like substance melts into your skin quickly and leaves a nice matte feeling to your face after applying. There's no sticky residue what so ever! The slightly medicinal smell takes a little time to get used to, but it isn't too big of a deal compared to the great benefits. With daily use, my skin began to clear up within weeks and my scars surprisingly have lightened. I normally wear it at night time, but it does layer well under makeup if you plan on wearing it during the day time!
Rebecca B.
Rebecca B.
Akron, NY
I have been using this a couple weeks along with the ufo oil. My skin is normal with a very oily t zone and it's hard to find anything that controls that. This has helped slightly in that aspect but not as much as I'd like so far. I did break out at first which is to be expected but it cleared up quickly and now my skin looks amazing. Although this is expensive it's a great investment. I do think this bottle will last quite a while as even one whole pump seems to be a lot. It has a cooling sensation that feels very refreshing. I do find that my pores have shrunken around my nose and cheeks which is awesome. Overall I'd buy this again and hopefully oil reduction will come in time.
Rachel M.
Rachel M.
I just discovered this product. I'd never tried Sunday Riley before, but had heard many good things about it. I have combo/oily skin, and pretty much every primer I try does next to nothing for my pores and oily nose/t-zone after a couple hours. This stuff is GREAT!

In the morning, I wash my face and then apply a light moisturizer. I let it sink in, then apply my Aczone (Rx acne cream). I let that sink in, and then apply this lovely "toner" as a primer for under my makeup. I let it sink in before applying my foundation. I use Covergirl 3-in-1, and have noticed a lot less oil and separation by lunchtime. Definitely recommend this!
Veronica P.
Veronica P.
I got this with my sephora points a few weeks back. I have acne prone skin & combination skin. I first purchased the u.f.o. I used this toner with the u.f.o oil & I felt like that was the best combination ever made. The toner went on smoothly at first then would turn matte quickly after. It was hard at times to put it on since it would mattify quickly. After a few weeks, this toner made me break out around my cheeks. The u.f.o cleared my acne or began to clear it & this toner just brought back the pimples. I would not recommend to people who have acne & are trying to clear it up.
Emily K.
Emily K.
Hamburg, NY
HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT! I have always loved Sunday Riley, but since my skin is very oily and breakout prone, I couldn't use most of their products to get the results I wanted and needed- UNTIL NOW! This Mattifying water to gel toner helps absorbs oil, clarifies, rights pores and feels AMAZING ON THE SKIN! Now when I say I am oily, mid day my face looked wet. Ever since I started using this with the Martian Oil, my skin has been flawless all day and I received so many compliments sense using. If your oily like me, TRUST ME invest in yourself with the beauty! Enjoy!
Lynn T.
Lynn T.
I like it... I do. But it's pretty pricey and I do think you can get good resolute a with other brands. But if I had the money I would get this again, because in the end it works well for me when my skin is acting up and producing more oil
Just a note I tend to be on the dry side and I'm acne prone, but by the end of the day my tzone is shiny. My acne problems aren't reduced my this product alone in using other products like proactive and Neutrogena so I can really say how well this works for acne. Love the cooling after a hot long day on my cheeks
Colleen T.
Colleen T.
Wheaton, IL
This toner is absolutely magical - I had horrible acne from using a Clarisonic that stayed with me for months. I picked up a sample of this from Sephora and honestly, it took me a few weeks to work up the courage to use it since I was terrified it would dry my skin out and make my breakouts worse. Within two or three weeks the deep rooted pimples on my jaw and cheeks started disappearing, I was completely floored! It's kind of expensive, but if you're suffering from oily skin or any kind of breakouts I highly suggest giving this a try.
CHAKANA M.
CHAKANA M.
Los Angeles, CA
I got a sample of this from Sephora and I absolutely love it. My skin is sensitive to some products and this is definitely not one if this. I just love the smell of it alone. I appreciate the texture mostly. Most toner just feel like your throwing water on your face but I dont get that feeling with this. I really think my skin absorbs more of the product because of the texture of the product. If you haven't tried it yet please run to Sephora and get you a sample. Ask for a sample of the Martian Oil as well. They work amazing together.
Kalisha C.
Kalisha C.
Brooklyn, NY
Do you use this on a cotton pad or just rub into your skin? How do you apply??
Genevieve S.
Genevieve S.
E Wallingford, VT
I love the UFO oil, which I love, but I have been interested in this as well. Is it too drying for dry skin?
Erica S.
Erica S.
Worth the money? I have very bad acne prone skin and an oily complexion and really need something that's going to work. Sunday Riley Martian Mattifying Melting Water-Gel Toner
Alyssa A.
Alyssa A.
Does this actually help with acne?
Ann-Marie H.
Ann-Marie H.
Has anyone found a good /cheaper dupe for this?