BY SUNDAY RILEY #2 in Face Oil

Which skin type is it good for?
✔ Normal

- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

Suggested Usage:
-Apply as needed to clean skin.
-Product goes from blue to clear when massaged into the skin deeply enough.

Advanced tips:
-Use Luna Sleeping Night Oil directly after cleansing.

Precautions:
-Due to presence of retinoids, not for use during pregnancy.
-Due to presence of retinoids, it is best to use Luna at night.

• What areas is this best to apply besides the temples?2 Answers
  • What is the scent like?3 Answers
  • What is your one must have night-time skincare product? M...2 Answers
Carrie P.
I got this face oil in the July Allure Beauty Box. This is my first time using a retinol oil and I’m not sure how to think. It’s very pricey and I’m not seeing huge results. I have large pores, the first signs of fine lines, and a bit of hyperpigmentation and I don’t see much of a change yet. The smell is a bit gross and I think they didn’t need to add coloring into this oil to make it blue. The packaging is decent and the dropper makes it more sanitary. I like the glass bottle. I will finish this product though and see if it needs more time to show results.
Jessica B.
Homer Glen, IL
I've had acne on and off since I was a teen (I'm 23 now), I've tried various products but they've never really worked for me and so it's something I've just sort of lived with and have been more focused on the best way to cover it up instead of actually getting rid of it. Recently, I was getting a new pimple every day for months, I'm not sure what the cause of it was, maybe stress, but after I started using this, my breakouts went away. My skin is clear! I've never come across a miracle product until now. I will not stop using this, worth every penny.
Jillian G.
Miller Place
I have previously wrote a review on the Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Oil. I find it to be expensive but because of my incredible results I always continue to buy it. It comes it the most BEAUTIFUL packaging (I still can’t throw out the boxes) lol It absorbs well into my pores and you can feel it working instantly. It has an intense smell from the Blue Tansy Retinol ingredients but I don’t mind it. It has helped tremendously with all of my skin issues and I finally am secure enough to walk out the door without wearing makeup - that alone says a lot!
Tina J.
Los Angeles , CA
This oil is AWESOME and I mean it! I got this sample from the July @allure beauty box.
An allure box editor said she went through the entire bottle! This is basically unheard of for a beauty magazine editor trying bunches of new products everyday. Plus, on @influenster it got 4.4 out of 5 based on 4500+ reviews.
At first I was quite suspect about how good this product can be. it turned out that I am IN LOVE with it 😍😍
This is very first time I use oil skincare products, cuz I don’t really like my face feeling greasy.
For this night oil, you don’t need to worry about this! It dries down quickly and leaves you a dry, comfortable feeling, not oily or greasy at all!
Secondly, it got incredible results! It does visibly minimize my pores and redness on my cheek surprisingly disappear! Additionally, this oil gives really good hydration. Before using this oil, I usually apply night mask to keep my face moisturizing. After switching to this oil, I only need few drops of the oil to have the same hydration level
Highly recommend!
👆👆Luisthegemini B.
Oroville , CA
Oh bish!! This shiz is the mothersucking bomb.com it minimizes the appearance of fine line and pores! It does have retinol but just enlighten to get things done is a safe way! The color is fun and I love the smell. This is an oil serum so a little goes along way and you do want to pat it on. Paring this with Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment does wonders and I believe they sell it together. My skin feels and look younger. Sunday Riley is the only brand I have ever bought products from more than once! I totally recommend to everyone
maddie b.
Durham, NC
Purchased at: Sephora
Love this night serum. I feel like a little goes a long way and it absorbs easily. I did get some of the blue oil on a shirt and it didn't come all the way so that is my only negative. I am more careful now but love it.
Valerie G.
New York
I’ve been using oils on my face since my derm residency days when there was only the Josie Maran argan oil available. Basically, oil is so great for your skin. Sunday Riley cashed in on the facial oil wave. This stuff is uniquely blue, smells faintly soothing, and is not too oily. I enjoyed the sample I got at Sephora. But virtually ANY oil is great for the face - argan, camelia, coconut. Even olive oil is - just don’t get the stuff in your eyes. Plus, you’ll smell like salad at first. But other than that, a small bottle of high quality extra virgin olive oil beats this stuff in value and quantity. Even the Josie argan is a better deal. You’re paying for branding with Sunday Riley which I won’t shake a stick at because I love the feeling of luxury, just like anyone. I just wouldn’t recommend buying this product because it’s so obscenely overpriced and you could do better for your face.
I gave it a star for pretty packaging and novel concept (blue food coloring), and a star for promoting the whole “oil is good for your face” thing. I docked it a bunch of stars for price point.
Judi M.
Indianapolis
Purchased at: Sephora
I love all Sunday Riley products and this is no exception. It feels luxurious and silky rather than oily when you put it on like some oils. Don’t be put off by the blue color, when you rub it into your skin it goes away. I use it with Sunday Riley’s Good Genes 3-4 nights a week, or whenever my skin needs a pick-me-up. It’s noticeably brighter in the morning after using this combo. I have the .5 oz size which is $55. I try to wait until there’s a sale to buy SR products since they’re so expensive. They also rarely go on sale, but if you keep a good look out you can find one. I took away a star for the steep price. The smell is also a little strange, which doesn’t bother me, but may bother some people. All in all if you want something with a retinoid that won’t dry out your skin and will give you a glow, this is worth the hefty price.
María Camila P.
Arnold, MD
At first I was hesitant to get because the word oil on my skin frightened me, I thought it would break me out but it didn’t! My skin feels great the next morning and I’m sure it’ll be a must have on the colder months since my skin get super dry. I’m giving 3 ⭐️ because I CAN’T with the SMELL! It’s AWFUL, I’ve tried some other products like this and they don’t smell as weird as this. Once you apply it, you kind of stop smelling it, BUT if you live with someone and sleep with them it might bother them lol! The smell it’s just 😷
Christina S.
Irvine, CA
Purchased at: Sephora
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product. I have very high maintenance, combination skin—oily in my t-zone and sensitive everywhere else and finding something that works for an all-over face treatment has been difficult. I have been looking for a product that would help with my forehead lines and pore congestion and had all but given up when my friend recommended this face oil to me. Though I was hesitant to use this product (It’s pricey!! Adding oil to an already oily face?!) , I am so glad I finally caved and got myself a bottle of this. In the three weeks since I’ve been using Luna, I have seen a huge difference in the wrinkles around my mouth and on my forehead—not to mention a decrease in pore congestion on my nose. I haven’t seen any increase in oil production on my t-zone, nor have I experienced any irritation anywhere else on my face. Full disclaimer: this product is expensive and I am certain you can get another retinol treatment for less money—but I only use three drops on my entire face nightly and the results I’ve seen far outweigh the cons. I will absolutely be purchasing another bottle as a back up and would confidently recommend this product to anyone looking for a retinol product.
Jamie B.