BY SUNDAY RILEY #2 in Face Oil

Which skin type is it good for?
✔ Normal

- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

Suggested Usage:
-Apply as needed to clean skin.
-Product goes from blue to clear when massaged into the skin deeply enough.

Advanced tips:
-Use Luna Sleeping Night Oil directly after cleansing.

Precautions:
-Due to presence of retinoids, not for use during pregnancy.
-Due to presence of retinoids, it is best to use Luna at night.

• What areas is this best to apply besides the temples?2 Answers
  • What is the scent like?3 Answers
  • What is your one must have night-time skincare product? M...2 Answers
April E.
Aurora, Colorado
I really wanted to like this product. I have friends who rave about it, but it did nothing for my skin. The bottle and the product is really pretty to look at. But the actual product made my skin greasy and I couldn’t get past the scent. Usually fragrances don’t bother me, but I just didn’t care for this one. It lasted about 8 month and then the product went rancid so I tossed it. I wouldn’t repurchase. I do like other Sunday Riley products though. Good genes was a better product for me.
Amanda L.
Los Angeles
This oil wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t so pricey. I purchased the mini 0.5 oz size to try and am so glad that I didn’t get the full size because it did not impress me at all. I used it every other night for a month as the last step in my skincare routine and didn’t see much of a difference. It does smell great and absorbs well into the skin, but just does not work well enough to justify the price tag. I love the Sunday Riley Good Genes and am sad the Luna oil didn’t work out for me!
Courtney S.
I bought a mini bottle of this to try it out, and a week later....my face is like a child's a**. No joke. So smooth, the pores are noticeably smaller. I find myself using very little but wanting to slather it on secretly. It just feels so good for your skin. Like a nutritional blanket. I will be purchasing the bigger bottle ASAP. I usually suffer from acne, and this is clearing up the existing acne PLUS taking care of my scars from past experiences. I am 28, and trying to get myself started on a good regiment before getting into my 30's and this is it. I could not be happier with my results. I recommend this to any and everyone. I'm a single mother who cannot always afford the finer things in life, but I will spring again and again for this.
Evangelina V.
Austin
Incredible product. Only needed to use a few drops each night and after 2-4 weeks I noticed a positive difference in my skin. Price was definitely steep so it's an investment but lasts at least 3-6 months. Loved this product and would purchase again at cheaper price.
Sarah S.
Vail, CO
I received a sample of this oil in a Sephora box, so maybe I would have had better results with continued use. However, the blue oil did not sink into my skin well and I never noticed a difference when I woke up in the morning. I didn't notice any negative effects like breakouts or redness, but the positive benefits eluded me. My skin is fair, dry and very sensitive so the fact that there weren't any negative effects may be positive (bit of an oxymoron there).
I will say that the packaging was beautiful and the scent was light and clean.
shatona s.
Dallas, TX
This is another Sunday Riley product that I wasn't too sure on, and didn't like at first honestly. It has the weirdest smell that I enjoy, but another oil that I came to love. I only use this every other night when I do use it, but it leaves my skin soft and supple. Any breakouts I have are gone the next morning, or diminished. Like some of the other reviews this does stain some, so use lightly. I don't know if I would repurchase because I like the UFO a little more, but I say give it a shot!
Olivia D.
West Palm Bch, FL
Purchased at: Sephora
This oil is awesome if you can make it through the purging phase. I am on my second time trying this product. About a year ago I purchased this and quit about a week in due to the amount of breakouts. Recently I gave it another shot after learning about the purging phase the skin goes through when beginning a retinoid and I’m glad I stuck it out! I now alternate every other night using this product in conjunction with good genes. I was vigilant about treating breakouts during the purging phase and have been rewarded with smoother, glowing skin.
Hilary W.
Havana, IL
I bought this in the Sunday Riley duo Sephora offered on their website. I believe it was around $80.00 which was very reasonable for both products. I actually bought it more for the other product (Good Genes- amazing!). My first impression of the Luna night oil wasn't the greatest simply because I didn't care for the smell. It has a very medicine like smell to it. However, knowing it's a retinol product I continued using it nightly and started to slowly notice some changes in my skin. The biggest thing I noticed was my forehead lines had smoothed down quite a bit! My skin tone and overall complexion looked noticeably better. My once very large pores were no longer visible. You're not supposed to use it near your eyes, but I snuck a little up there and my fine lines in that area decreased significantly, too. Now, all of this was after several weeks of use. I've finished the product and really want to invest in another bottle!
Rachel H.
Haskell, TX
I was hesitant to get this at first because it's a bit expensive - but the more I read the reviews the more I'm itching to try it for myself - I finally saved enough money to buy me one. Was it worth it? A definite YES! I didn't like the scent though. I bet it's because of those organic oils but it's not too bad once it's absorbed. You might probably turn into a Smurfette for a split second because of the blue color - but it does blend really good after. The oil is not thick and it doesn't feel heavy. I’ve used this as part of my PM routine and noticed myself reaching for it ever so often. So far I am loving the effects - pore size minimized, texture smoother, and surprisingly some redness is gone, literally calmed my skin. This has become a ”holy grail” product for me.
Ashley K.
Glendale AZ
This has been such a life saver! I got this product at Sephora when I had troubling concerns of sun damage in the brutal AZ desert. I was also drawn in by the lovely container. I was most concerned about fine lines that were just surfacing. I tried this product and was not disappointed. I would say to use a moisturizer or you will feel ultra dry come morning time. I also use it on FRESH stretch marks as a mom and holy crap it really works. THANKS RETINOL!
Jamie B.