BY SUNDAY RILEY #2 in Face Oil

Which skin type is it good for?
✔ Normal

- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

Suggested Usage:
-Apply as needed to clean skin.
-Product goes from blue to clear when massaged into the skin deeply enough.

Advanced tips:
-Use Luna Sleeping Night Oil directly after cleansing.

Precautions:
-Due to presence of retinoids, not for use during pregnancy.
-Due to presence of retinoids, it is best to use Luna at night.

• What areas is this best to apply besides the temples?2 Answers
  • What is the scent like?3 Answers
  • What is your one must have night-time skincare product? M...2 Answers
Samanjar A.
Sharjah, Sharjah
Luna is a good "starting oil". By this I mean, if you want to start working oils into your routine at night and you have the money, this is a good one to try . It is on the expensive side but I find most Sunday Riley products are. It has Retinol in it (not in a high dose) and the blue comes from the Blue Tansy. It didn't change my life, but it did make my skin look plumper and more hydrated. The smell is hit and miss I don't mind it.
Julia S.
I don't know what it is about this product, but it makes my skin look and feel amazing the next morning. I LOVE this stuff. It has a strange texture however, and I didn't like the way that it felt at first. It's sort of like a film over your skin, which I don't particularity like the feeling of, but it brings great results. Your skin is glowing and is a perfect base for makeup if you use it overnight. Woke up the next morning and my skin was plumper than I had ever seen. One con is that I find this product is a little strange feeling, and doesnt feel like it totally absorbs into your skin. Like I said, it feels like a coating on your face. It is a little expensive, and I probably wouldn't repurchase because of the price. Quality is great but I'm sure there are other great serums out there for the price point.
Cassidy H.
Cambridge, ON
Lemme start by saying, heck no this product is not worth its ridiculous price tag... nor do I think that any serum is worth this much money. Now I am going to sound crazy because this product is magic.. it is one of the better sleeping oils around, it definitely improves the look of skin and pores over night. As someone with oily skin, I tend to stay away from too many oils but this one gave me no problems and all of the oil really sunk into my skin over night. I will not be purchasing a full size of this product as it is way too pricey but I will gladly be picking up any free samples or points perks that sephora offers.
Lili N.
HOLY GRAIL RIGHT HERE! I can't say enough about this product but one thing is for sure, this will forever be a staple in my skincare routine. I was on a hunt for a new oil to incorporate in my skincare routine at night. For a while, I was using the Tarte Maracuja oil, but for some reason I wanted to branch out and try new things. Before I even purchased the Sunday Riley Luna oil, I did some research about the product to see its claims and benefits. The product contains retinol Esther, which is the reason why I wouldn't wear it during the day. Retinol helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, as well as prolong the elasticity of our skin; that benefit alone sold me on the product. As I am getting older, I began to notice the fine lines under my eyes, and trust me, if you know me personally, you know what I am talking about. There is also the avocado seed oil which helps to make the skin look plump and has anti-redness properties. After researching about all the ingredients that are in the product, I fully understand why the price tag ($105) on this product is a little steep, but it was worth every penny. I first asked for a sample from Sephora to try out the product, but we all know that the sample amount is not enough for noticeable results. In order for us to see results, it will take a little longer than a week. But I have to admit, after one night of using the product, my skin looked healthy and plump. I did not expect noticeable changes right away or anything, but surprisingly my skin just looked healthier. The only downside of this product is the initial smell and color. The oil is blue, so this product has to be worked into your skin and will usually leave a blue tint. The smell is just not pleasing, but after seeing what it did to my skin and how it made my skin feel, I can get over the smell. I have incorporated this into my daily night routine, and it has helped tremendously. I also want to mention, if you guys want to give this a try right now, on Sephora.com you can get the Holiday pack called the "Power Couple Duo" $78; the size is 0.5z, but with these oils, it does go a long way. This duo pack includes an exfoliates/moisturizers that is supposed to help smooth fine lines. I think this is great deal right now if you are in the market to try something new.
Brittany L.
Mannville, AB
After numerous of my makeup and skincare loving friends told me to try Luna Sleeping Oil by Sunday Riley, I purchased online from Sephora and have been using it for a few weeks. Definitely my favourite product find of 2017, this far. It's seriously like magic in a bottle. It's a high end product, but worth the price tag and a few drops go a long way. My skin has transformed in a few weeks and this is the only thing I've added. It's like skincare heaven in a bottle. I also love that it tens from blue to sheer once it's soaked into the skin enough. Definitely give @sundayriley #luna #sleepingoil a go and you won't regret it.
Su L.
Toronto, ON
I love this product so so so much. It is worth the price imo. The magic happens overnight, and the morning after you can witness your skin's improvement right away. The initial scent fades away fast enough and the blue pigment has not stained any of my white/light coloured sheets or pillow cases. It definitely helped with my pores, textures, fine lines, and overall brightening of my face tone. I recommend to try the sample before investing in the big bottle as our skins love different things. But to give a reference as to which sized bottle to get, the big bottle will last a whole year of avg. 4 days/wk use.
Mellissa M.
Aberdeen, Scotland
This has actually changed my life

I use this almost every night and it's incredible. My skin is combination in the summer and dry in the winter. I don't really get spots other than just before my period due to hormones, but I used to be in a perpetual state of battling one significant blemish at a time. Now, I can put this on and overnight it will repair my skin. All forms of blemishes will be dramatically reduced, and even scabs and discolouration will be reduced and healed. it works like a dream. I actually feel like this is a miracle, I've almost finished my second bottle.
JENNIFER A.
Waterloo, ON
Luna Sleeping Night Oil – Sunday Riley

I believe this is a great ‘starter retinol’ and a nice luxurious treat for the skin, but I’m not convinced Luna is deserving of all the hype it receives. This product did not have me shouting from the rooftops (unlike Sunday Riley’s Good Genes… which for me has been a game changer!)

Full disclosure: I am turning 44 this year. I am not looking for products that show subtle improvements. I want workhorse skincare… the kind of product that makes me say ‘Wow!” when I look in the mirror the next morning. Twenty year old me might have loved Luna. Forty something me doesn’t impress that easily.

Pros: It does last a very long time. I purchased the Power Couple kit from Sephora last fall and just ran out of the tiny sized Luna this week. (I’m on my second Good Genes). It’s a lovely smelling product with a nice consistency, although may irritate those with sensitivity due to the essential oil irritants it contains. The bottle and dropper are lovely; great for dispensing just enough without waste.

Cons: It’s pricey… and I’m not 100% certain it’s worth it. When I look at the ingredient list, I don’t understand the pricepoint. The artificial dye is this product is worrysome.

I might consider purchasing Luna again, and giving it one more try… but there are so many other ‘shiny things’ out there on the market that I ‘need’ right now, Luna will have to take a backseat. To be honest, I’d be more inclined to look into a prescription retinol rather than repurchase.

I really wasn’t terribly impressed by the results I’ve seen from Luna. I see rave reviews all over the intrawebs for Luna… many from people I trust and respect. With skincare, not everything is going to work for everyone. Luna. I’m just not that into you.
Sarah K.
This product meant to minimize wrinkles and pores and restore the skin's youthful appearance. Because I knew it was a cruelty free brand, I jumped at the chance to try it when I received a deluxe sized sample. This oil is soothing, calming the redness in my skin. While it's meant to be worn to sleep, I found this worked better for me in the evenings to get the product soaked in before I went to bed. It calmed my redness, and I absolutely saw an improvement in the size of my pores. The only reason I can't give it a 5 is that it's quite pricey for the size.
Yulia V.
Toronto, ON
It's only been a couple of days since I've started using a sample of this I got from Sephora, but so far I don't really understand the hype around this product, and I don't think the sample will last me long enough to see any significant long-term effects, if there are even any. The blue colour of the oil is cool, but I am not spending a hundred dollars on an oil because it looks cool. It works well with the rest of my skincare and nourishes my skin. but doesn't do anything extraordinary. My other, cheaper beauty oil, do just fine of a job.
Jamie B.