BY SUNDAY RILEY #2 in Face Oil

Which skin type is it good for?
✔ Normal

- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

Suggested Usage:
-Apply as needed to clean skin.
-Product goes from blue to clear when massaged into the skin deeply enough.

Advanced tips:
-Use Luna Sleeping Night Oil directly after cleansing.

Precautions:
-Due to presence of retinoids, not for use during pregnancy.
-Due to presence of retinoids, it is best to use Luna at night.

• What areas is this best to apply besides the temples?2 Answers
  • What is the scent like?3 Answers
  • What is your one must have night-time skincare product? M...2 Answers
Su L.
Toronto, ON
I love this product so so so much. It is worth the price imo. The magic happens overnight, and the morning after you can witness your skin's improvement right away. The initial scent fades away fast enough and the blue pigment has not stained any of my white/light coloured sheets or pillow cases. It definitely helped with my pores, textures, fine lines, and overall brightening of my face tone. I recommend to try the sample before investing in the big bottle as our skins love different things. But to give a reference as to which sized bottle to get, the big bottle will last a whole year of avg. 4 days/wk use.
JENNIFER A.
Waterloo, ON
Luna Sleeping Night Oil – Sunday Riley

I believe this is a great ‘starter retinol’ and a nice luxurious treat for the skin, but I’m not convinced Luna is deserving of all the hype it receives. This product did not have me shouting from the rooftops (unlike Sunday Riley’s Good Genes… which for me has been a game changer!)

Full disclosure: I am turning 44 this year. I am not looking for products that show subtle improvements. I want workhorse skincare… the kind of product that makes me say ‘Wow!” when I look in the mirror the next morning. Twenty year old me might have loved Luna. Forty something me doesn’t impress that easily.

Pros: It does last a very long time. I purchased the Power Couple kit from Sephora last fall and just ran out of the tiny sized Luna this week. (I’m on my second Good Genes). It’s a lovely smelling product with a nice consistency, although may irritate those with sensitivity due to the essential oil irritants it contains. The bottle and dropper are lovely; great for dispensing just enough without waste.

Cons: It’s pricey… and I’m not 100% certain it’s worth it. When I look at the ingredient list, I don’t understand the pricepoint. The artificial dye is this product is worrysome.

I might consider purchasing Luna again, and giving it one more try… but there are so many other ‘shiny things’ out there on the market that I ‘need’ right now, Luna will have to take a backseat. To be honest, I’d be more inclined to look into a prescription retinol rather than repurchase.

I really wasn’t terribly impressed by the results I’ve seen from Luna. I see rave reviews all over the intrawebs for Luna… many from people I trust and respect. With skincare, not everything is going to work for everyone. Luna. I’m just not that into you.
Sarah K.
This product meant to minimize wrinkles and pores and restore the skin's youthful appearance. Because I knew it was a cruelty free brand, I jumped at the chance to try it when I received a deluxe sized sample. This oil is soothing, calming the redness in my skin. While it's meant to be worn to sleep, I found this worked better for me in the evenings to get the product soaked in before I went to bed. It calmed my redness, and I absolutely saw an improvement in the size of my pores. The only reason I can't give it a 5 is that it's quite pricey for the size.
Yulia V.
Toronto, ON
It's only been a couple of days since I've started using a sample of this I got from Sephora, but so far I don't really understand the hype around this product, and I don't think the sample will last me long enough to see any significant long-term effects, if there are even any. The blue colour of the oil is cool, but I am not spending a hundred dollars on an oil because it looks cool. It works well with the rest of my skincare and nourishes my skin. but doesn't do anything extraordinary. My other, cheaper beauty oil, do just fine of a job.
Kim H.
Thorold, WY
This is simply amazing. The blue Tansy smells so good and is great for your skin. I generally have very oily skin and this sleeping oil did not cause more of an issue. I love that it’s blue so you can see where you’ve spread it. I do not have a lot of age blamed skin issues but I have been using this as preventative for a few years, and now in my thirties my skin is still beautiful. It is very expensive and so worth it. I will repurchase again and again
Kayleigh L.
Burlington, ON
I was super nervous to try Retinol after hearing so many horror stories but this is 100% the way to go. Because it's mixed with oil, my face doesn't make out or turn crazy red because of the retinoids. Luna is my favourite out of the 3 Sunday Riley oils I own because of the results. Skin feels tighter and plumper, yet softer. I have extremely sensitive skin and have gotten away with using it in the morning. The only downfall is the unnecessary dye in it. It doesn't react to my skin (thank god) but I'm just curious as to why it's there.
Claudia N.
Toronto
It’s a really nice dry oil that works well even if you have oily skin like I do. The blue colour doesn’t stain the skin but you have to thoroughly massage the oil into the skin. It gives my skin a nice glow the day after which is really nice. The product is really pricey so it was a splurge for me. The good thing is that you only need a couple drops so it does last awhile.
Jessica P.
I give a lot of my review products 3-4 stars. I usually give expensive products a 4 even if they work however, I’m not going to do that with this product. It is worth every penny.
I thought the blue colour would transfer on to my pillow when I sleep and it doesn’t. I liberally massage the oil into my face before I go to bed and the next morning I’m left with EXCEPTIONALLY soft skin. I had bad acne as a teen and I’m left with a bit of scaring. I haven’t seen any diminishing in my scars BUT the discolouring of my face from hyper pigmentation is almost completely gone. It’s nice waking up in the morning and having a soft canvas to put my foundation on. I will repurchase this product.
Zain C.
this product is amazing for someone who has normal skin, my skin surely has some major texture problems like bumps under the skin and milia(milk spots), this oil contains retinoid so it also has a lot of anti ageing factors which was shown clearly when i used it on my mother, it doesn't sting the face or burn which is nice as some products contain too much AHA which makes the skin sensitive to the sun, which would mean that you would need to add an extra stage in your skincare. it did reduce the look of the milia and made it less visible but it does cost a lot so i would try and get a sample if possible to see if it reacts on your skin. but for me it was worth it and would highly recommend it to anyone who is willing to make the splurge and wants to invest in their skin . :)
Jordann W.
Hazelton
This oil is life! I love blue Tansy and what it does for the skin. The smell can be off putting. I don’t mind it so much, it smells natural and to me is better than artificial smells. This has helped my breakouts significantly. On days when I’m too tired for the full skin care at night, I’ll just wash my face and apply this oil guilt free. Even without serums I know it’s helping me avoid breakouts and retexturizing. I wake up with soft supple glowing skin. Highly recommend and will definitely keep purchasing.
Jamie B.