BY SUNDAY RILEY #2 in Face Oil

Which skin type is it good for?
✔ Normal

- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

Suggested Usage:
-Apply as needed to clean skin.
-Product goes from blue to clear when massaged into the skin deeply enough.

Advanced tips:
-Use Luna Sleeping Night Oil directly after cleansing.

Precautions:
-Due to presence of retinoids, not for use during pregnancy.
-Due to presence of retinoids, it is best to use Luna at night.

• What areas is this best to apply besides the temples?2 Answers
  • What is the scent like?3 Answers
  • What is your one must have night-time skincare product? M...2 Answers
Rosanna K.
Purchased at: Sephora
Had high hopes for this product but did not see much results after using, I would not rebuy. Also pricey
Angelica F.
Kearny, NJ
I personally didn’t like, cause the smells is strong and my skin is very sensitive, for myself didn’t work.
Ashleigh R.
Royal Oak, MI
Purchased at: Sephora
I did not like the way this oil felt on my face when I put it on before I went to bed. This oil has a blue tint and is very thin. It did not spread well and kind of just melted in my hand. Lucky for me, mine was a sample, but I would not pay for this expensive oil.
Pam O.
Purchased at: Sephora
First time using a face oil, and tried this based on a friends recommendation. Just ok, and for the high price, would not repurchase
yessi b.
Ontario, CA
Purchased at: Macy's
Sunday Riley makes some of the best skincare products! Worth the high price tag in my opinion. After using this product for about two weeks straight before bed I began to see major improvement in my redness
Jayme H.
Purchased at: Sephora
As much as I love Sunday Riley products, Luna Oil just doesn’t do much for me. I used it nightly for about six months- my skin was moisturized but I saw no benefit from the retinol. I switched to a (cheaper) heavy moisturizer after finishing and it did the same thing! The product smells amazing and feels luxurious but I just can’t justify the price.
Jamie D.
Milwaukee, WI
I had to return it due to the scent.  Usually the smell dissipates but not this one.  It's all I could smell and had a hard time falling asleep.
Alex R.
Purchased at: Sephora
I bought this product with Good Genes. I'm just starting to use it, but have noticed a difference in the texture of my skin and brightness. What I don't like is that it leaves behind a blue tint and this is not a product I can use under makeup. It's just part of my nighttime routine.
Farah E.
why i tried it...I wanted to try this product because I have used retinols in the past and loved the results, but not a fan of the potential side effects. What caught my attention is Sunday Riley’s claim that key ingredient Trans-retinoic Acid Ester can be potent like retinol, however far more gentle.
If you have concerns with an overall lack luster complexion, uneven skin tone or fine lines – read on. If not, lucky you!
my experience...I used Luna Sleeping Night Oil almost every night for just over one month. By day two, I knew I was onto something. By the end of week one, I was waking up looking like I was drinking the stuff the same way a baby drinks a bottle of milk and then passes out - my skin looked like it had the longest nap ever.  My skin appeared brighter with an overall even tone. My hyper pigmentation was toned down without any peeling, redness or irritation.  I will say, my skin did feel a bit tight, but nothing close to past experiences with retinols.
how i used it...For the first month, I used this in combination with Good Genes All-in-One Lactic Acid Treatment ( more to come on this in a separate post). As of lately ( without Good Genes)   I apply 4 drops, one on my forehead, one on each cheek and chin then gently rub into skin until the blue tinted oil disappears. I wait a few minutes until fully absorbed ( just enough time for my three year old to distract me ) and then I seal in with my Derma E Anti-Wrinkle Oil. I know, oil on oil but something about this combo is working for me these days.
final thoughts...This product impressed me. I am super happy with the results and I will buy again, The only draw back is the hefty price tag, but totally worth the splurge!
If you are not sure about investing the $70 for the beautifully packaged 15mL bottle, I suggest popping into your local Sephora and asking for a sample (I sure did).
P.S If you go for it, remember your sunscreen. Minimum 25 SPF ladies :)
Fechete N.
Oradea
I've deliberated buying Luna for months as the reviews are quite mixed.
After trying a few other retinoids I gave in and bought Luna.

I love it! It smells absolutely vile and the blue colour is a bit of a
pain, but it's really brightened and revitalised my skin in quite a
short space of time.

My skin is smooth, fine lines look better and winter redness has really
reduced. Also seems to work fine with my quite sensitive skin.
Jamie B.