BY SUNDAY RILEY #2 in Face Oil

Which skin type is it good for?
✔ Normal

- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

Suggested Usage:
-Apply as needed to clean skin.
-Product goes from blue to clear when massaged into the skin deeply enough.

Advanced tips:
-Use Luna Sleeping Night Oil directly after cleansing.

Precautions:
-Due to presence of retinoids, not for use during pregnancy.
-Due to presence of retinoids, it is best to use Luna at night.

• What areas is this best to apply besides the temples?2 Answers
  • What is the scent like?3 Answers
  • What is your one must have night-time skincare product? M...2 Answers
Hi V.
Plano, TX
I like this product, but the price is very steep. For a retinol, I can only use max 3 times a week (I have dry skin). The smell is strange and unpleasant to me, but light enough it doesn't make me gag and it does dissipate fast.

Love: scent disappears quick, love that you can use it alone at night as a do it all product

Dislike: actual smell, price is steep - I wish they'd offer smaller bottles or value sets with smaller bottles- oil spoils and it would be better for me to get a smaller bottle I knew I'd use up.
Jennifer S.
Aloha, OR
The product seems to work for promoting cell turnover and fading dark spots and a lot of people love it... But the heavy oils were too intense for my skin and caused pore congestion and milia. I think the product can work for some, but I would not recommend it if you know your skin prefers lightweight gel-creams and oils.
Meredith H.
100% - my all time favorite face oil for calming my skin and plumping fine lines and wrinkles. Cleared spots overnight for a fresh face, will always stay stocked in my makeup cabinet!
Sara C.
After reading dozens of reviews and upon the recommendation of many a famous YouTube beauty guru, I splurged on this luxurious (I.e., expensive) oil. After a month or so of use, I decided...I don't get it? I don't like the smell, the artificial color and didn't really see the result. It's a fine oil, didn't do anything bad and gave a nice finish and moisture, but i didn't see the exfoliating effect of the retinol. not worth it, in my opinion.
seltzer e.
I got a mini of this in a pack. With the price tag what it is, I was hesitant to buy a full version. I really liked it. I actually mix a couple of drops in with whatever overnight moisturizer I'm using. I don't know if you're supposed to do that but it I use a different serum before, so I think it makes it a little gentler on my skin. I really don't like the smell, I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but I'm not a fan. That's a personal problem though, it's not a bad or overly potent smell, it's just me.
Maria V.
At first the blue tint put me off and I was a bit hesitant to use this. I didn't want to put a blue oil onto my already blemish prone skin. However, once I got over my initial reaction and added this into my regimen, I was pleasantly surprised. My skin tone was much more even. Any redness that would occasionally show through had been diminished leaving behind an even, smooth canvas. The texture of my skin itself greatly improved. I would sometimes break out in time white heads around my temple area and since starting this oil I have yet to find a bump across my temple!!
Naomi T.
If you have a prescription retanoid then I wouldn't recommend getting this. However, this great to use in between uses of a prescription. I think the blue tansy in this product helps to calm the skin so you don't get that aggressive peeling. I have seen an improvement with my pores when using this product. Like all retanoids, always use this at night. When you wake up, just rinse your face with water and make sure you wear a sunscreen daily.
Kristin C.
Fords, NJ
I am OBSESSED with the Luna Oil. Definitely has to be one of my favorite face oils of all time. So yes, it’s great for anti aging and hydration but this is great for people who are acne prone as well.A lot of ingredients in anti acne products are similar to those in anti aging. The Luna oil is so awesome too for the fact that even tho it’s a retinoid, my skin isn’t overly sensitive to the sun during the day (of course I still wear my spf)!
Estefania C.
Anaheim, CA
I'm am obsessed with this product. I purchase it at Sephora and was a little iffy due to the price however I exfoliated my skin prior to using and only used about four drops. I woke up the next morning feeing like a million bucks. I used this for about a week or two and noticed the texture on my skin beginning to even out. I would purchase this again.
Jamie C.
Nichols, SC
I purchased this from Sephora with the Good Genes and have been using this bottle for about 3 months. I use as my last step each night mixed into my moisturizer. The blue tint spreads in nicely and the smell is pleasant. I have continued to see slight results with this. I will repurchase. Do not use if pregnant.
Jamie B.