BY SUNDAY RILEY #2 in Face Oil

Which skin type is it good for?
✔ Normal

- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

Suggested Usage:
-Apply as needed to clean skin.
-Product goes from blue to clear when massaged into the skin deeply enough.

Advanced tips:
-Use Luna Sleeping Night Oil directly after cleansing.

Precautions:
-Due to presence of retinoids, not for use during pregnancy.
-Due to presence of retinoids, it is best to use Luna at night.

• What areas is this best to apply besides the temples?2 Answers
  • What is the scent like?3 Answers
  • What is your one must have night-time skincare product? M...2 Answers
Ariana S.
Thousand Oaks, CA
I've been using this Sleeping Oil along with Good Genes for 4-6 weeks now, and I have yet to see a huge difference in my skin. I will continue using the product until I run out, I will only repurchase if I notice significant changes. This oil is SUPER expensive, so I am not sure it is worth it for me yet but we will see. The oil does have a strong scent to it, so if you are sensitive to smells you may consider getting a sample first before purchasing it!
Hannah M.
Glenside, PA
I do love this product! I used it for acne spotting on my face. I'd put the product on at night only over my breakouts because it's supposed to help with that. It felt cool how it went from an oil to almost a dry oil. It did help my breakouts slightly but not completely. I had to switch products for that. But overall it made my skin smoother and cleanly. I wouldn't recommend for acne treatment but it is a nice face oil for fine lines, blotchiness and scarring.
30somethingskin S.
Only 4 star's for the price. I love all my Sunday Riley product's so far. This is a great night oil, it absorbs well and plays well with other product's. I will use this instead of my prescription Retin A when I know I will have more sun exposure. It has never made my skin purge or break out. This is one of my favorite oils.
Nathalie W.
St Petersburg, FL
Now that I purchased this once... I cannot live without it. My skin is not the same whenever I stop/run out of this product. My skin care routine consists of a makeup removing balm, cleanser, this oil followed by Sunday Riley Good Genes serum. My skin is consistently improving and I know that this oil is a huge part of it.
Alexandria L.
Grove City
This stuff is crazy expensive but totally worth it. I had fine lines on my forehead and after using this for maybe two weeks, they were gone. The only issue I have with this stuff is the smell. It’s not bad, necessarily, but because Sunday Riley doesn’t use artificial fragrances, you’re smelling everything she puts in. My boyfriend likens it to pencil shavings. The smell fades after a little while, so it’s a small price to pay for such an amazing product
Elaine L.
While every other skincare blogger out there raved about Luna, I resisted trying it for a long, long time. For one, I hate the idea of buying into the hype. But after experimenting with a few other face oils for night-time use and not finding something that really worked for me, I caved in and decided to try Luna. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised. My skin retained a glow even after a night’s worth of tossing, turning, and sleeping into the pillow – I smoosh half my face in when I sleep, apparently – appearing petal-fresh in the morning. I think my sleeping packs definitely did a lot of work there, but with Luna incorporated into the routine I can see the glow sustained. Luna contains hydroxypinacolone retinoate, which is the trans-retinol ester of all retinoic acids, and can be used at higher percentages without causing significant irritation. “The large amount of carrier oils makes it a gentler option than some over-the-counter retinoids,” said Caroline Hirons, renowned UK beauty consultant.
The product contains Blue Tansy Oil and various Chamomile Oils which can help soothe and calm redness, a must in my skincare routine. Although many think the deep blue color comes from Blue Tansy, it should be noted that this is the result of 2 synthetic coloring agents, I 61565 (Green 6) and CI 60725 (Violet 2). I remember reading somewhere on the Sunday Riley website that these dyes were not harmful and helped to signal when to stop massaging the oil into your skin – it goes from blue to clear so you won’t get a blue face! – they nevertheless make Luna a synthetic product. Several fragrance oils such as Ylang Ylang, Neroli, Blood Orange, and Vetiver have also been added in an attempt to make Luna smell “better” than Juno and other Sunday Riley oils—I can only say they didn’t do much to transcend the strong “old people” smell, although Luna’s scent is slightly more pleasing than Juno’s to my nose. I’m also glad that these fragrance oils did not irritate my skin when I patch tested for a week before full-blown usage, but they could be a potential irritant to some. Despite some of these “shortcomings”, Luna is still my preferred oil for use in the night-time for what it does to my skin as I sleep, guaranteeing that beautiful morning glow.
Autumn S.
I have been using this oil more i don’t just use it for preventative steps against aging I use it for my acne because retinol really helps my cell turnover which means it helps with my acne and my scarring from acne. I use this every night and I like that it is moisturizing as well but my only complaint is that it is kind of greasy at first but after a while it’s fine and I would also wait a little bit before applying moisturizer because the blue starts showing up again.
Christine J.
Cambridge, MA
I loveeeeee this face oil! It is simply stunning. I love herbal esque smell aka natural smell skincare. (think fresh) This oil is magic for your skin.. It is on the pricier side BUT is worth every penny, it's top quality cold pressed essential oils for your thirsty skin. I use it on top of my serum and eye cream.  You can seal the products in by applying the oil over the serums.  Your skin is supple and bouncy and glowy the next day!
Laxmi D.
Newtown, PA
I stopped into Sephora and have to say- I was so turned off by the price that I just walked the other direction.
They were giving out samples so I decided to try it and guys, it. is. amazing.

I've been using it for the past few weeks now and my skin has never felt so good.
Sephora is great when it comes to samples so I highly recommend getting a few samples of the whole Sunday Riley collection then decide what works best for you before splurging.
Alana D.
Atlanta, GA
I love Sunday Riley's products. But this was what started it all for me. I love this retinal product and love that you don't need to much of it since that (at least for me) means I get more bang for my buck since it's quite pricey. I use this with the peel they have and my skin is much smoother now and I've definitely seen a change in the texture of my skin especially around my jawline, where I have a lot of bumps. 10/10 I love this oil so much.
Jamie B.