BY SUNDAY RILEY #3 in Face Oil

A next-generation retinoid oil to reduce pore size, improve appearance of damaged skin, and help fight wrinkles. With an advance retinol complex, Luna helps reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles while simultaneously correcting damage caused by the sun, time, and pollution. Use this oil before bed to notice firmer, clearer skin by morning. Trans-retinol ester fights the look of fine lines, wrinkles, and loss of skin elasticity while an essential oil complex calms and soothes skin. Cold pressed avocado, chia, and Concord grape seed oils sink into skin for quick absorption of actives while boosting radiance. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates This product is made with organic, cold pressed oils. Advanced trans-retinoic acid ester is mixed with potent botanicals for the ultimate transformational, sleeping night oil.

• Does anyone else get a blue color after applying this? Or is it j...4 Answers
  • I keep hearing about the Luna Oil, and the Good Genes. Do you hav...16 Answers
  • My major issue is fine lines around lip /nose area and large pore...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Dusti S.
Dusti S.
Council Blfs, IA
I was accepted as a Sephora Beauty Enthusiast last month and was sent a, quite generous, sample of Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil 1 month ago.
My take? A bit pricey, but, for me, it's worth it! Yeah it's blue like my hair a few years ago, too! Reason? Blue Tansy! It is said to help with inflammation.
Honestly it did not do much to reduce my huge pores, but it did help with the redness and crows feet!
The good
Retinol
Super moisturizing (may want to steer clear if you are acne prone!)
Chia, grapeseed and avocado oils
Can be mixed with moisturizer or used by itself
The poopy
Pricey
Strong smell (It does fade quickly, though!)
Probs a no no for acne prone
If you have sensitive skin I would probably not start off by using this every night, instead start off 1-2 nights a week and mix with your moisturizer. The essential oils and (very little bit of) color dye may also irritate sensitive skin.
I would like to note that the Retinol used is not as strong as traditional Retinol and is, instead, derived of Trans-retinoic Acid Ester, so this should be gentler on the skin. I had zero problems with irritation using this and I"m prone to my skin flaring nice and flame red if it doesn't like something!
After using this for nearly a month I think I just might save up and make this a permanent part of my beauty routine. :)
Shelbie K.
Shelbie K.
This is one of the best products I have ever used in skin care! The difference it has made in my skin since I started using it, only weeks ago, is amazing! If you're looking for a product to help balance your skin tone, minimize (and sometimes remove) wrinkles, give your skin a smooth, supple feeling, minimize your pores and give your skin an overall glow and look of health and vitality, then this is the product for you! At first, simply due to the price, I hesitated at purchasing it. I am so very glad that I decided to try it - the oil has made a world of difference in my skin! So much so that I am now determined to own the entire collection of Sunday Riley oils, and have also purchased Good Genes, which is amazing! If you are worried about the price, know this... 1) You receive a large amount of product, yet use only a small amount; it will last a long time. 2) The ingredients used are of the highest quality and freshly made, in small batches, so you receive top quality, fresh. =)
Kelsey Z.
Kelsey Z.
Lakewood, OH
This product is the holy grail of face oils!! After all of the hype, I knew I had to try this for myself. I asked for a sample at Sephora because I wanted to try it before taking the $105 plunge. That plunge is happening...this oil has done so much for my skin! I used only about 4 drops each night for a week - one on my chin, forehead & both cheeks. It's very easy to rub in and it doesn't leave an oily, heavy or greasy feeling. It's very light and you would barely know you have anything on your face! The initial blue tint helps to see where you have applied it - this is why it should only be used at night though! Even after the first night, my skin felt softer, my pores looked smaller, there was less discoloration and even my acne was clearing up. Each day, my skin only got better too! I recommend this product for EVERYONE! The scent is a little different but I like it - it has a very natural smell to it. Overall, amazing product! Can't wait to try more Sunday Riley products.
Breanna R.
Breanna R.
Ventura, CA
I can not say enough good things about this oil!! I was looking for a retinol based serum to help cut down on my breakouts and clear up old acne spots, but have sensitive skin and knew I needed something light. After a lot of searching and reviewing, I came across this and it has CHANGED. MY. SKIN. My pores are smaller, fine lines are less visible, I produce less oil and my dark spots are clearing up, but most of all, my breakouts are few and far between now and I had tried what felt like everything! I recently ran out, and went a little over a week without it before I got my new bottle and in just that short time, I noticed a HUGE difference in my skin. That's when I really, REALLY knew, this stuff worked and I wasn't just imagining it. Even my husband noticed. I will never ever  be without this in my routine. It's my holy grail go-to product for sure! Yes, it's worth the price. A bottle lasts me a little over 3.5 months using 6 drops/night.
Shelby W.
Shelby W.
Corning, NY
I have 100% waited too long too try this product! I have acne prone skin that always used to be so oily, but has recently turned dry in the last year or so. I had no idea how to care for my new skin and bought this a couple months ago without ever trying it. I just started using it last week and I am OBSESSED. First of all, the vivid blue color is so inviting and makes me so excited to smear it all over my face. Secondly, the feel of the oil is wonderful... Not sticky or too heavy. I will say, as with most other oils I have tried, the smell isn't super pleasant. However, it's full of retinol and other wonderful things for your skin, which makes it a no brainer for me. This product allows me to moisturize (overnight- yay) and give my skin the good stuff it needs after a day of make up wear. I would recommend this to anyone with dryness issues or anyone looking for a nighttime moisturizer that actually lasts all day.
Rachel R.
Rachel R.
Tecumseh, OK
I am OBSESSED! I don't know why I didn't believe the hype about Luna; when a product has that many good reviews, there's gotta be something there. With Sunday Riley's Luna Oil, it's definitely there. I have large pores around my nose, blackheads on my chin, hormonal breakouts around the edges of my face, and mostly major, major redness all over my face. Luna has cleared ALL of that up in just a couple of weeks. My favorite part about it is that I don't have to use an expensive cleanser or toner (I know that if I did, the results would be even better, but at $105 I could only buy one expensive skin care product at a time), I just use my regular products along with the oil and have seen a DRAMATIC difference. I (obviously) could go on about it forever. Love love LOOOOOVE it! ❤️
Samantha S.
Samantha S.
Williamsville, NY
I put off buying this for so long because of the price tag. I would slink in and out of Sephora to gaze at it, ask for a sample, and try to get a couple days worth of product out of it to make sure I really loved it. I did. So much. I tried to but other beauty oils, and while nice, not the same! Finally purchased last week, and walk triumphantly out of the store with this unicorn of a beauty oil. #sorrynotsorry to my bank account. You only need a couple of drops at night, and apply after toner and essence. As it soaks in, which it does so well, you can feel the retinol working (a slight tingle) but it doesn't burn like other retinol products. I apply a lotion with lactic acid about 30 mins after this and wake up with firm, clear, and youthful skin. So worth the splurge.
Hannah C.
Hannah C.
Ms State, MS
I hate myself for saying this, but I LOVE this product. I told myself I was never going to buy a skin oil, especially one $100+. I was given this to try, and I will make the splurge again if I ever run out. This oil makes my skin feel smooth and soft after just a few uses. I have terribly sensitive skin, and this didn't irritate it or make me break out at all. In fact, I can see a significant difference in the texture of my skin. It's honestly incredible. I apply this after spot treatment, before moisturizer at night before bed. The product completely absorbs into my pores without any oiliness or residue left behind on my skin. I can't wait to see the long-term effects of this oil! Definitely worth looking into if you're all about skin care!
Cynthia D.
Cynthia D.
This is very pricey, but I decided to invest in it. I've been using for about 2 weeks and so far I really like it. The oil seems like it is going to last a very long time because i only need about 2 to 3 drops night. I noticed my skin looks smoothr and brighter. The main reason I purchased this is because previously I had no skin care routine. I would wash my face with drugstore face was and put on some moisturized. But lately Ive noticed fine lines starting to appear, and also I have super dry skin. Even if I used moisturizer and primer, any foundation or high end or drugstore would feel so dry on my skin and crack around my smile lines. Since Ive started using this my face feels a lot smoothr. Definitely worth the investment.
Liya S.
Liya S.
Brooklyn, NY
The Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil is a must have product, although I do admit it is a bit pricey (but so worth it)! I have sensitive acne prone skin, and this product helped to reduce my acne and texture, as well as began reducing the appearance of dark spots on my face. The product comes in a beautiful glass bottle with a dropper tip which I use to deposit the product into my hand and softly press it into my skin. I use it 4-5 times a week at night, and wake up with soft, glowly skin. It has a strong scent, not too overpowering but it is there and the oil itself is blue. I do not like that it is blue but I can overcome that for the results I am getting when using this product. Highly, highly recommend!
Jamie B.
Ana W.
Lafayette, LA
Susie S.
Susie S.
Has anyone used the Luna oil and the Good Genes at the same time? Do you recommend? If so, which one should you apply first in your face? I've seen mixed reviews and answers in other social media...thanks!