BY SUNDAY RILEY #1 in Serums

Everyone wants the unmistakable look of having good genes. This amazing pharmaceutical-grade, lactic acid based treatment is an instant complexion booster, plumping fine lines and exfoliating to reveal brighter, newer skin. Licorice reduces hyperpigmentation while lemongrass increases circulation for immediate radiance. Long term use will help restore damaged skin, reduce hyperpigmentation and scars, reduce the depth and number of lines and wrinkles, even out skin tone, and increase epidermal firmness. Great for all skin types. Can be used daily or as a mask.

• It is a bit pricey, how do you girls rate it and is it worth buying?3 Answers
  • So I'm looking for a face serum that I can use during the day tha...3 Answers
  • How long did it take for you to see results??3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "With that in mind, I knew I wanted to find something to add to my routine to help get rid of those spots and bring forward a clearer and more even complexion." in 1 review
Juliet A.
Juliet A.
Culver City, CA
When I was at Sephora a couple months ago I picked up this Sunday Riley Power Couple Duo: Total Transformation Kit. I had heard a lot of buzz about Sunday Riley so I bought the Power Couple Duo as an "introductory kit".

The kit comes with the Good Genes treatment and the Sleeping Night Oil.

What it claims:

The Good Genes treatment claims to clarify, exfoliate, plump lines and correct uneven skin tone.

The Sleeping Night Oil claims to reduce the appearance of pores, lines, and sun damage and calm redness and irritation.

Note: the box indicates that the night oil is NOT safe to use during pregnancy, so for you mamas-to-be, steer clear. And do NOT wax while you're using these products. I had forgotten that I had switched products when I went to get my brows waxed, and my skin immediately turned red so I ended up having to tweeze.

After about a week or two of using the combo, I did feel like my skin tone looked more even. But I think this was more attributable to the Good Genes treatment rather than the night oil because I ran out of the Good Genes pretty fast. I was a bit disappointed in the way it was packaged, because the nozzle stopped working after about a week of use, and I had to unscrew it to get to the product.

With the night oil, a little goes a long way so don't be overly generous when applying on your face. My skin tends to be oily around the t-zone, but applying this oil didn't make me break out, so I was pleased with that.

Overall, if I were to purchase this again, I'd stick to the Good Genes treatment and skip the night oil, since I don't think the night oil did much for me.

Have any of you guys tried Sunday Riley? What are your favorites?
Janine Trisha J.
Janine Trisha J.
Union City, CA
I love this product. Plain and simple. I started using Good Genes in conjunction with the Luna Sleeping Oil and I love what these two have done for my face. My skin looks clearer, smoothr, and much healthier since I've been using these two. Dark acne spots have disappeared, my pores have shrunk significantly, and my face feels tighter and softer. I use Good Genes during the day and it is a great base for the rest of my makeup. My skin will feel great throughout the day. However, I tend to have more dry skin, which although moisturizing, this product isn't necessarily the most hydrating for my parched skin. I add a little Argan oil to my face prior to application just so I can also get that extra boost of moisture, and I find that it helps bring my face to a healthy moist glow. The smell of this is nice however the product can sting a little in sensitive spots after exfoliation of the face, so be warned. But all of that is minor in comparison to the great life-long results it gives.
Mary R.
Mary R.
Seattle, WA
Skin type: Combo-oily, can be sensitive. This product is not for me and is, as Kathleen Lights would say, very esspensive. I bought the full size of this hoping it would help with brightening dark spots, tightening my pores and giving my skin an all around "glowing" appearance. Unfortunately, this did none of those things and actually gave me little bumps on the more sensitive areas of my skin (cheeks, right above my brows). I kept with it due to the hype and am now about 2/3's through the bottle and while it no longer breaks me out, it doesn't do much else else either. I am giving this 2 stars solely because I can still use this as a (slightly harsh) chemical exfoliant but I much prefer my Kate Somerville, Ole Henriksen or Cosrx as all of these do a multitude of things. Obviously, this product works really well for some people and horribly for others - everyone's skin is different and I strongly recommend trying a sample of this before purchasing.
Summer C.
Summer C.
Suffolk, VA
I cannot recommend this product enough!!! I have only it for a few times, but I can already see the significant result on my skin. I have very dry skin and some texture around my nose. Recently, i have developed some weird bumps under my eyes and on my forehead - its pretty common for me, i usually just go to the dermatologist to have them removed.

When i first put Good Genes on my face, i can feel the slight tingle, especially around my troubled areas. It normally lasts about 5 minutes. all my weird bumps disappeared after using it 3 times, 3 times!!!!! And my skin are mo rejuvenated then ever.

I know this costs an arm and leg, but it's definitely something worth investing in. I am 26 and have dry skin, but no visible pores or any other skin concerns. At first, i didn't even think i needed this. But EVERYONE NEEDS THIS! I certainly won't use it everyday, but this will probably forever be in my skincare collection.

Thumbs up Sunday Riley!
Divya R.
Divya R.
Camas, WA
I am so in love with this product I can't really express in words but will still try to do. I first got a sample of this product to try. I am a person who would like to try the product before I make a purchase and invest my money on. I started using the sample and within three days I noticed changes in my skin. My friends and family started noticing changes in my skin and started asking me what am I doing and what product am I using. Initially I wasn't sure if the changes in my skin was coz of Good Genes or other products that I had been using. Hence to put this on test for the next three days I only used good genes along with an moisturizer and then I realized that this product was really working and it is amazing. Only drawback is that it's a bit pricey and then look at the how come. Every buck you spend on this product is worth. It does have a strong scent for the first two days I was not happy with the scent but then I got used to it.
Jessica L.
Jessica L.
Costa Mesa, CA
I purchased the Power Couple Kit at Sephora and it is an amazing duo. I was a bit hesitant since my face is naturally oily and did not want to use an oil for my nightly routine. If you are using the Luna Sleeping Night Oil with the Good Genes you have to wait at least 5 minutes after applying the oil before putting Good Genes over.

I have been using Good Genes for over 2 weeks now and it has left my skin baby soft. My skin looks a lot brighter and clear, however I still do see some previous acne scarring there. These problem areas definitely feel a lot smoother and can't wait to see if the scarring gets lighter after longer use.

Definitely on the pricier end, however this is one of the few products that I have felt and seen quick results from what it claims. Purchasing the kit from Sephora is more worth it and lets you use try out both products.
Michelle K.
Michelle K.
Columbus, OH
Absolutely amazing. I know that this product can appear to be an expensive gimmick but it's truly one of the greatest skin care products I own. It's very very powerful- I only use it when I have a really bad breakout, so the bottle will probably last me forever! I find it works best putting on a small amount (less than a pea) right after a gentle cleanser and letting it soak in for half an hour before applying my evening moisturizer. It does sting at first when you put it on (especially if you're bad like me and pick at zits) but once it settles in the benefit is well worth the stinging. Again, I would make sure to follow up with a thick and gentle moisturizer after 15-30 minutes to help soothe your face and neutralize the product. I use this maybe every 2-3 days if my skin is breaking out, if I even need it more than once!
Kelly B.
Kelly B.
Wonder product! This is one of those serums that actually shows results fast. My skin has a lot of redness and discoloration issues, so I purchased this as a way to balance my skin tone so I could use less makeup. While using this product, I have seen my skin tone become more even, skin texture is more smooth, less acne, skin is noticeably brighter and matches my body now. Some people say it has a weird smell, but I think it smells fantastic, especially when you compare it to other lactic acid treatments. It's a clean meets herbal smell. I used to use it twice a day in conjunction with the brands blue Sleeping Night Oil, but now only use it once every 2 days or so. It's quite expensive but you don't need to apply much to see good results. It sits well under makeup, too since it soaks right into your skin. Love this serum!!
Leila W.
Leila W.
Los Angeles, CA
Pure magic in a bottle. I'm SERIOUS. I don't think I've raved as much about any other product as I do with the Sunday Riley Good Genes All-in-One Lactic Acid Treatment. Just the name, 'Good Genes' says a lot, and guess what? You really start to look like you HAVE good genes! After a consistent month of using this amazing product, my skin was looking the best it ever has. I'm an oily-combo gal with the occasional hormonal breakout, and consistent teeny bumps that live on my chin.(urgh) I have been applying Sunday Riley's Good Genes either every night to every other night after applying their Luna Night Oil (another favorite... review to come!!) and my skin has an amazing surface. Hyperpigmentation is GONE! Pores look great, complexion is smooth, and bright. It's phenomenal. Definitely try it for yourself.
Zahira S.
Zahira S.
Westerville, OH
This product is nothing short of phenomenal. I originally purchased a sample size because I was afraid of dropping so much $$$ on a product that may not work for me, but after a week of using Sunday Riley Good Genes, I was hooked. I'm in my mid-30s, and three years ago I had a sudden switch in medication that triggered the worst hormonal breakouts, perioral dermatitis, and melasma that I've ever experienced. The problems persisted even after stopping the medication. I also live in FL where I feel I'm constantly struggling to balance my skin out between the humidity, heat, using sunscreen every day, etc. I tried EVERYTHING...expensive creams, facial brushes, chemical peels, prescription gels, dermaplaning, charcoal masks, and nothing ever seems to truly work EXCEPT THIS SERUM.
Claire M.
Claire M.
I have sensitive skin and I don't know if it would upset skin like mine. Has anyone with sensitive skin tried this and how was your experience with it? Will it likely upset my skin (if I pay a lot of money for it)?
Sara A.
Sara A.
Does anyone know if this product reduces the appearance of acne scars? Or even how it works on oily and acne prone skin? I know people who are dry and love this product, but I wanted to hear from my oily people as well.
Katie H.
Katie H.
Philadelphia, PA
I have the Luna oil, and think it's Hands Down the Best hundred dollars I've ever spent. I'm wanting to try more of the Sunday Riley products and I've had my eye on Good Genes for a little while now but I've heard a lot of mixed reviews. if anyone has used this for some time now and has, or hasn't seen results Please comment and let me know before I waste good money on a product that doesn't work
Betty L.
Betty L.
I received a deluxe sample on this. I don't know how to describe the scent of this product but it smells yogurt gone bad? How does your bottle smell like?
Lindsay M.
Lindsay M.
What differences have people seen in their skin after using this product? Is it worth the price?