BY SUNDAY RILEY #10 in Face Serums

Everyone wants the unmistakable look of having good genes. This amazing pharmaceutical-grade, lactic acid based treatment is an instant complexion booster, plumping fine lines and exfoliating to reveal brighter, newer skin. Licorice reduces hyperpigmentation while lemongrass increases circulation for immediate radiance. Long term use will help restore damaged skin, reduce hyperpigmentation and scars, reduce the depth and number of lines and wrinkles, even out skin tone, and increase epidermal firmness. Great for all skin types. Can be used daily or as a mask.

• Would you recommend this?4 Answers
  • It is a bit pricey, how do you girls rate it and is it wo...4 Answers
  • So I'm looking for a face serum that I can use during the...4 Answers
Sunday Riley Good Genes Treatment
  • "With that in mind, I knew I wanted to find something to add to my routine to help get rid of those spots and bring forward a clearer and more even complexion." in 1 review
Roxanne O.
Recently i tried this Sunday Riley Good Genes Treatment. My face was super peeling after my shower so it was a great time to try it.

They market this as a”multitasking “ high potency, purified-grade lactic acid treatment that exfoliates dead skin cells, plumps fine lines, evens out hyperpigmentation, and boosts your skin's glow factor—all in one pump.

It is a smooth, non-oily finish that’s supposed to make your skin look radiant with or without foundation.

It did not. It made my skin red and irritated. Moisturized, yes.. but very irritated. The smell is weird. Like rancid oranges. I loveee citrusy smells but i kept thinking “lactic acid” ..that is created from SOUR MILK. No wonder it stinks ? 😕

I hear good things about this brand, but I wouldn’t retry this product personally with my sensitive skin. In the brands defense my sensitive skin is not their issue. I just think something marketed for dry skin should take into account that often times people who have dry skin (most likely) also has sensitive skin as well. So maybe use less harsh ingredients?
shatona s.
Ruston, LA
There is so much to be said about Good Genes! It is the best thing I have ever put on my skin. They call it a serum, but it looks more like a cream or moisturizer. I love the way my skin feels right after I apply it. A little, for me, definitely goes a long way. I bought the Flash Fix kit to try this and the cleanser, and it's been about a month and I'm sure I still have a nice amount left to get me through the next week or so. My skin is so soft and glowing. I'm definitely seeing results as I was expecting this to help with my skin concerns of hyperpigmentation, texture (which was gone within a week btw), appearance, dullness, etc. Good Genes is getting these pores together! It's taking time, but I'm sure if I went through my routine 2x a day I would see my skin change faster. My ONLY issue I had with this is that the smell is terrible, but I will over look that for the quality of Good Genes. This is definitely on the pricier side, but I am going to purchase one of the fuller sizes, or get a kit that has a half ounce size, so that I can try a couple of other things from Sunday Riley's brand. I would definitely recommend this product. I say try the kits out if you don't want to buy the full sizes. I will definitely cash out on Sunday Riley as long as my skin is feeling and looking like it has been!
Sarah B.
White Bear Lake
Like many others I really love this serum. I started out using it in conjunction with Luna, and I have to say that combo proved to be too much for my skin. So if you are planning to use the 2 together, I would strongly advise to start SLOW. Or what I do, 1 at a time, alternating nights and skipping a night here and there in between. I usually do 1 night Luna, next night GG, skip a night, repeat. Some people are totally fine using both or one daily, so experiment with what your skin can handle. Too much exfoliation can cause more trouble than it's worth, on my face at least. All in all, I love GG and would use it on its own without Luna. When I use it as stated it exfoliates a perfect amount and I wake up with plump, vibrant skin, and it helps diminish any acne spots that may have been forming. It's one product I couldn't go without, so IMO it is worth the hefty price.
Emily D.
Fort Worth, TX
I had my eye on Good Genes for a while and it finally went on sale for 15% off so I jumped on purchasing it! I couldn’t justify paying full price but for some reason getting a small discount made me feel much better about purchasing it. Two months later and a completely empty bottle after my husband and I used it daily.. this is what I think...
I saw the most difference in our skin after the first 2 weeks, we had more of a natural glow. My husbands skin reacted really well and kept glowing but I didn’t see much of a change in my own skin after the first 2 weeks. I do like the consistency of it and felt that a little went a long way. The lemon scent was favorable for me but I’ve read from others that they weren’t such a fan. Bottom line, if I found it on sale again I would repurchase it. I will not pay full price for this product.. it wasn’t that much of a game changer.
joeny g.
Oakley, CA
Expensive but Effective! Sunday Riley is indefinitely one of the more higher priced skincare brands at Sephora. That being said, the quality on their products is amazing. TheSunday Riley Good Genes Treatment is a lactic acidosis Treatment made to Target blemishes and clear up the skin! This serum is in the $100 range, but also sold in a smaller version in some of their kits. I would give it 5 stsrs if there was just a little bit lower of a price point because although you do get a lot of product, some people can not afford a splurge like this one and you can only get so many samples at your local sephora. This treatment is strong so I would not recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin unless used as a spot treatment, but if you have a little bit thicker skin, this might be the perfect product to end your skin problem days!
Fareena A.
Chicago
Let me begin by saying there’s a lot of hype about this product. It’s highly rated on Sephora and many more websites. I was looking for something to brighten and improve the texture of my skin.
It’s quite pricey but the great reviews got to me!
After almost a year of using I can say it’s a great serum to be used only once or twice a week for me personally. My skin does seem to get irritated if I use it more than this. I learnt this the hard way. Initially I’m using it every night. I did break out a little. So I stopped and scaled back on my use. I’ve never used a skin product which actually brightens my face as much as this one. People were actually commenting and complimenting my skin after a month of use. I would say if you don’t have sensitive skin you can probably use it more frequently but for me less isn’t more!
Samantha C.
Council Blfs, IA
Bought this during the last VIB sale... I love it. Wish I didnt though because of that cringe worthy price tag. But I have super dry skin, A LOT of texture, flakeyness, sensitive skin, uneven skintone, big pores, blackheads. (yay me right?) Since using this my skin has gotten soooo smooth. Literally no texture. Seriously. None. My skin is just soo soft. After using it one time my skin felt smoother and thats soo annoying because I dont want to buy it again, Im looking for alternatives but so far no luck.... I bought the smaller size and use the luna oil too lasted me 3 months so far and i think i still have like half the bottle left in each so a little goes a long way. I havent noticed any irritation at all. It tingles a little for a minute after applying but nothing bad. If you can afford it, try it, its a game changer.
Shauna L.
North Port, FL
If it was possible to give this products a higher rating that 5/5 I would, this is like a 10/5 more than perfect, worth every single penny (and that would be A LOT of pennies), overnight miracle skincare product. It does everything it claims to do: 'even out and Brighten skin tone, fine lines and wrinkles and fade dark spots' plus more. I use this at night only and after the very first time I used it, within 10 minutes I could see a considerable difference in how hydrated and plumped my face looked. And when I woke up in the morning I could feel a difference in the way my skin felt. I had a scar on the side of my nose from when I was about 8 years old and had chicken pox and a few small acne scars that have always really bothered me. After about 2 weeks of nightly use the little acne scars were not visible AT ALL and the chicken pox scar had faded considerably. After about a month of every night use the chicken pox scar was gone as well! The only downfall to this amazing product is the price tag. A 1fl oz bottle retails for $105 USD before tax and the 1.7 fl oz bottle retails for $158 USD before tax. Even with the insane price tag I highly recommend this to anyone I know that has any type of skin care concerns pertaining to texture, scaring, uneven skin tone, etc. It is most definitely one of those products you don't want to love because of the price tag but once you try can not imagine not using it. Sunday Riley Good Genes Treatment
Alana S.
This product is extremely expensive but you get what you pay for. It is very high quality and you notice a difference within minutes. I got a sample of this at Sephora and was blown away. I used it for a week and my skin was much more radiant and clear and my pores were less visible. It lightened up some old dark spots I had that wouldn’t go away so I am very impressed. It smells okay, I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad smell but it isn’t a yummy smell. Just smells natural. It has a nice consistency and is easy to rub into your skin. I don’t use as much as they say you should because using one pump works fine for me. I’m not sure how long the big bottle lasts if you use it once a day because I just used up a sample size of this product. But if I decide to bite the bullet and buy this I would probably only use it once a week. It really exfoliates so if you have sensitive skin it would be smart to use it less often. I got results using it every other night for a little over a week. I am truly amazed as how smooth, soft, and clear this makes my skin. It is a life changing product if you are willing to spend the money and invest in your skin.
Ana María C.
I received this as a gift in the Sunday school set and fell in love with it. From the start I was able to use it every day and sometimes use it twice a day. I have the Luna oil and use that beforehand at night, letting it soak in and applying this on top. It’s a total game changer. I had some fine lines starting to show up on my forehead which was making me think I needed Botox since I’m only in my 20s, but this took them away entirely! I could rave about this for days.
Of course, as with any skin product, it’s important to listen to what your skin tells you. My skin isn’t sensitive at all so I’m able to use this more than most people, but given the reviews where it doesn’t work for some, I recommend picking up a sample at a Sephora and trying it out first before splurging!
Claire M.
I have sensitive skin and I don't know if it would upset skin like mine. Has anyone with sensitive skin tried this and how was your experience with it? Will it likely upset my skin (if I pay a lot of money for it)?
Sara A.
Does anyone know if this product reduces the appearance of acne scars? Or even how it works on oily and acne prone skin? I know people who are dry and love this product, but I wanted to hear from my oily people as well.
Katie H.
Philadelphia, PA
I have the Luna oil, and think it's Hands Down the Best hundred dollars I've ever spent. I'm wanting to try more of the Sunday Riley products and I've had my eye on Good Genes for a little while now but I've heard a lot of mixed reviews. if anyone has used this for some time now and has, or hasn't seen results Please comment and let me know before I waste good money on a product that doesn't work
Lindsay M.
What differences have people seen in their skin after using this product? Is it worth the price?
Betty L.
I received a deluxe sample on this. I don't know how to describe the scent of this product but it smells yogurt gone bad? How does your bottle smell like?