BY SUNDAY RILEY #4 in Serums

Everyone wants the unmistakable look of having good genes. This amazing pharmaceutical-grade, lactic acid based treatment is an instant complexion booster, plumping fine lines and exfoliating to reveal brighter, newer skin. Licorice reduces hyperpigmentation while lemongrass increases circulation for immediate radiance. Long term use will help restore damaged skin, reduce hyperpigmentation and scars, reduce the depth and number of lines and wrinkles, even out skin tone, and increase epidermal firmness. Great for all skin types. Can be used daily or as a mask.

• It is a bit pricey, how do you girls rate it and is it worth buying?3 Answers
  • So I'm looking for a face serum that I can use during the day tha...3 Answers
  • How long did it take for you to see results??3 Answers
Sunday Riley Good Genes Treatment
  • "With that in mind, I knew I wanted to find something to add to my routine to help get rid of those spots and bring forward a clearer and more even complexion." in 1 review
shatona s.
RUSTON, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
There is so much to be said about Good Genes! It is the best thing I have ever put on my skin. They call it a serum, but it looks more like a cream or moisturizer. I love the way my skin feels right after I apply it. A little, for me, definitely goes a long way. I bought the Flash Fix kit to try this and the cleanser, and it's been about a month and I'm sure I still have a nice amount left to get me through the next week or so. My skin is so soft and glowing. I'm definitely seeing results as I was expecting this to help with my skin concerns of hyperpigmentation, texture (which was gone within a week btw), appearance, dullness, etc. Good Genes is getting these pores together! It's taking time, but I'm sure if I went through my routine 2x a day I would see my skin change faster. My ONLY issue I had with this is that the smell is terrible, but I will over look that for the quality of Good Genes. This is definitely on the pricier side, but I am going to purchase one of the fuller sizes, or get a kit that has a half ounce size, so that I can try a couple of other things from Sunday Riley's brand. I would definitely recommend this product. I say try the kits out if you don't want to buy the full sizes. I will definitely cash out on Sunday Riley as long as my skin is feeling and looking like it has been!
Andrea P.
Columbus
Beauty Junkie Expert
Okay. Let's get the negative point out of the way quickly. This product smells downright foul. It's awful. Now for the positive. The first time I used Good Genes was at night. When I woke up the next morning and touched my face, I felt like I had grown new skin overnight. My skin has NEVER felt so soft, supple, and smooth. I've only used it a few times so I haven't noticed a big change in my fine lines, but I definitely notice how much better my skin feels. It's amazing. I know the price tag is a little ridiculous. It's way outside my price range. However, Sephora has a Sunday Riley Clay Fix kit that includes a small bottle of the Good Genes as well as their clay cleanser. It's only $28 and worth every penny. A little of this goes a long way so the small bottle should last quite a while Highly, highly recommend.
Catherine D.
Woodbridge, NJ
This is the best product I have ever used for plumping fine lines. My pores are looking smaller after just a few weeks of use and my skin seems to be glowing! I have a long history of picking at my face but I am finding less and less of a need as this product exfoliates and seems to be working wonders. I am noticing a quick reduction in some of the fine lines I had concerns with, and it seems to be working well on some of the deeper ones (forehead - I must have had a life without these lines but I can’t remember it!). I feel like the combination of Luna Sleeping Night Oil and Good Genes is the holy grail - possibly the fountain of youth! I was hesitant based on the price - especially the combined price - but I know I will be saving big money in Botox later by maintaining this routine! I LOVE SUNDAY RILEY!
Christine H.
Berkeley
Okay, this is my holy Grail of all face/skin care products. I have never ever witnessed such a massive result from a single product. I bought this as a whim when it was on sale. Yes, it's got a pretty lofty price tag, but it's so worth every single dollar. You only use it once a day (at night) and I don't even use a full pump as it's quite a lot of product. I use about 1/3-3/4 of a pump and apply it all over. It tingles a bit and doesn't have the best smell.. (it's like lemon scented all purpose cleansing spray) but wow. It exfoliates like no other product I've used, evens out my skin so much, and I've never had softer skin in my life. I recommend this product to the moon and back. It's a life saver!!
Mary F.
Middle River, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this stuff! I received a sample from Sephora, and the associate filled the little container up. The whole sample lasted me a little over a month. In that month My skin improved so much. I only used it at night (after the Luna oil) and my skin felt so smooth, and plump. I have little bumps on the side of my nose and while using Good Genes, they total went away. It is expensive (which is why I'm asking for it as a Christmas present) but it's totally worth it and it last a long time. It does have a weird smell (a little foul) but it wasn't anytime I could t handle and after awhile you get use it. I highly highly recommend. Get a sample first since everyone skin reacts different. #GiftCrush
Helen J.
S Pasadena, CA
I’ve used this product for over a month and it honestly didn’t do much for me. I have sensitive dry skin with an oily t zone. I’ve been breaking out these days due to lack of sleep, stress and hormones. I wouldn’t say this product is gentle nor would I say it’s strong. It can leave a tingling sensation but it should dissipate within a couple seconds. Personally, I wouldn’t recommend it because it did nothing for me, especially because it’s such a high price. But, I would recommend getting a sample of it and trying it out for a couple days.
Mariya A.
Irvine
This product is just 'meh'. Youtubers had me believing that it would change my entire life and make my skin worlds better than it currently is. As I am young, I am not really concerned with anti-aging and am more focused on the lessening of hyperpigmentation. This did that...sort of. It diminished a few of my less prominent discolorations and that is about it. Because I use other skincare products, I cannot particularly say whether this or another product in my regiment leaves me glowing and all of that. For the price (it is so expensive), I did expect a dramatic difference in my skin's tone. There was no drama, but it also did not harm my skin. I am on the fence as to whether or not I will repurchase once my current container is done. Speaking of, I find that there is not a ton of product. It takes about two-three pumps to cover my entire face. Doing this every night is a quick way to deplete the product. Also, this product burns. I would liken the burning to applying a strong anti-acne product. It's not horrible, but it is something to be aware of.
Lisa F.
Long Beach
Beauty Junkie Expert
I purchased Sunday Riley Good Genes Treatment along with the clay cleanser and I wasn't impressed. First both the products smell horrible. I read slot of reviews of people raving about these products so I decided to give it a try. Just extremely expensive and I don't think it did anything that special to warrant the price. The cleanser left my skin red and irritated and with the serum combined made everything worse. There are much better latic acid treafments for a quarter of the price that work and smell better!
Sam S.
Davie, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have a little of this left and I need more because it is amazing. I’m really hoping to be able to get another soon this holiday season because it’s that good. It’s around 105$ cheapest which is a hefty price tag but I want to try and get it on BeautyLish. It has no real distinct smell and goes on like a moisturizer. Only thing is this: if you have popped any pimples prior to using this it will sting and always where sunscreen. But this helps to make my skin look beautiful
👆👆Luisthegemini B.
Oroville
Beauty Junkie Expert
This Latic acid treatment is a dream come true for people are worried about acne, scars, wrinkle, pores, life and texture. It really does help your skin and pairing it with Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil makes the result even better. My pores look smaller, my skin feels younger and forehead wrinkles. Also if you pair it with Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip it creates a peel mask that helps get rid of dead skin so this products is very diverse
Claire M.
I have sensitive skin and I don't know if it would upset skin like mine. Has anyone with sensitive skin tried this and how was your experience with it? Will it likely upset my skin (if I pay a lot of money for it)?
Sara A.
Does anyone know if this product reduces the appearance of acne scars? Or even how it works on oily and acne prone skin? I know people who are dry and love this product, but I wanted to hear from my oily people as well.
Katie H.
Philadelphia, PA
I have the Luna oil, and think it's Hands Down the Best hundred dollars I've ever spent. I'm wanting to try more of the Sunday Riley products and I've had my eye on Good Genes for a little while now but I've heard a lot of mixed reviews. if anyone has used this for some time now and has, or hasn't seen results Please comment and let me know before I waste good money on a product that doesn't work
Betty L.
I received a deluxe sample on this. I don't know how to describe the scent of this product but it smells yogurt gone bad? How does your bottle smell like?
Lindsay M.
What differences have people seen in their skin after using this product? Is it worth the price?