Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment

Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment is formulated with high potency, purified grade lactic acid that immediately exfoliates dull, pore-clogging dead skin cells, revealing smoother, fresher, younger-looking skin. Fine lines appear visually plumped while the skin looks more radiant. With continued use, the appearance of stubborn hyperpigmentation and the visible signs of aging are reduced for a healthier-looking complexion. Perfect for all skin types and all ages, this treatment is enhanced with licorice for brightening, Good Genes clarifies, smooths, and retexturizes for instant radiance.

Which skin type is it good for?
✔ Normal
✔ Oily
✔ Combination
✔ Dry

What it is:
A clarifying, line smoothing lactic acid treatment.

Solutions for:

- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

Suggested Usage:
-Apply one to two pumps to clean skin.

Advanced tips:
-Layer under Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream to fight the appearance of stubborn hyperpigmentation.
-Layer on top of Luna Sleeping Night Oil (or use Good Genes in the morning and Luna at night) for anti-aging radiance and the appearance of healthy, youthful-looking skin.
-Can be applied under foundation as a radiance primer, without any oiliness.
-Can be combined with Ceramic Slip (two pumps of Good Genes and one pump Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser) for a "Flash Facial" mask.
-Leave on for one to 10 minutes for an immediately radiant, deep detox facial.

-High Potency, Purified Grade Lactic Acid: Exfoliates dull, pore-clogging dead skin cells to instantly clarify and reveal smoother, clearer, younger-looking skin, while fighting visible signs of hyperpigmentation.
-Licorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra): Naturally brightens the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
-Lemongrass: Helps boost radiance.
-Aloe: Helps soothe the skin.

Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Agave Tequilana Leaf (Blue Agave) Extract, Cypripedium Pubescens (Lady's Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyses Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract, Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalane, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Ppg-12/Smdi Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol And Ceteareth20, Glyceryl Stearate And Peg-100 Stearate, Arnica Montana (Flower) Extract, Peg-75 Meadowfoam Oil, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Oil, Triethanolamine, Xantham Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Dmdm Hydantoin.

I just started using Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment hoping that it helps to even out my skintone and get rid of dark spots on my face that appeared after giving birth to my son. Has anyone who has used it actually seen good results from it???
I got this from Ipsy and it says it can be used as a mask for sensitive skin but I haven’t really seen reviews where anyone has used it this way. Does anyone know if the results are as good if you use as a mask instead of leaving it on?
Would you consider this product worth it for the price? When you can get a great product just as easily for a lower price, is it worth it?
Start your review of Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“With that in mind, I knew I wanted to find something to add to my routine to help get rid of those spots and bring forward a clearer and more even complexion.” in reviews
Las Vegas , NV
Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment uploaded by Gem G.
Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment uploaded by Gem G.
Purchased at: Sephora
Why this is amazing? Because it’s BEST Lactic acid on the market, I have used the Ordinary brand years ago when they first came out, because of the price but you really get what you pay for. Good thing IAM in the US! In the UK, the Skincare devils have gotten involved and had issues with the amount of Lactic acid it has that they wanted to ban it, so Sunday Riley came up with the solution of changing Lactic Acid to Glycolic acid to lessen the acids and up the Ph balance in the UK version of this, so mind you; as long as you are in the US, you will continue to get the original formula, our beloved, very potent, strong for or Lactic Acid available in the market, it tingles for a reason! It means it is working! People complain about the smell; I love it! Smells citrusy, Lemon grass to be exact and you can just feel this thing working, if I am not using my beloved RETIN A, I am using Good Genes! The name says it all! If you are sensitive to Lactic acid, AHA, BHA, then start off using this as a mask for 10 mins or so and rinse off until you build up... I use this AM and PM and no more than 5x a week, I do not rise this product off, I do put my moisturizer on top of this and before my serums, that are much gentler that do not have any vitamin c as it interact with this and will lessen the efficacy... Also, do not layer it with anything with Retinol, RetinA, Retinoids... Just don’t! You will dilute one and wasted your money, as one of the product will not work or both. It doesn’t break you out, once you put it on a clean face after your Toner, and Essence, Serum this Good genes, you can see the difference in your face upon contact. It really does plump your face, brightens, and eventually fades your wrinkles, I am 42 next month and trust when I say, I do not look my age even with 3 kids later... I stay on top with my skin care game and this is a staple on my vanity and will not be without this ever.... I really do hope, they never change the US formula! The stronger, the more potent, the better for me.. Now if you are younger in your 20s this too will be great for you, you will see much more Dewey, hydrates and just all around beautiful skin, the price is steep; but shortly after SR changed the formula from Lactic to Glycolic in the UK, the 1.7 oz that I have was previously $158.00- now it is $122.00, I so appreciate the piece drop! Because I go thru this like water..... it’s one of those type of serums that becalmed a necessity once you start losing collagen, and starts to see wrinkles..... I promise you, once you use this you will stick with it, however, it might not be for everyone as it is very potent! But, why complain? I’m not throwing money away for something that’s not but a hype and NOT potent! Try it..... See results in 3 mins...oh and why 4 stars? Because for the price it should be roughly around a full 2 oz.... just saying
Pelham, AL
Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment uploaded by Wendy R.
🧬[Review]-Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment 🧬Product Description-Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment is formulated with high potency, purified grade lactic acid that immediately exfoliates dull, pore-clogging dead skin cells, revealing smoother, fresher, younger-looking skin. Fine lines appear visually plumped while the skin looks more radiant. With continued use, the appearance of stubborn hyperpigmentation & the visible signs of aging are reduced for a healthier-looking complexion. This product is good for anti-aging, skin lightening & collagen boosting. It also serves as a scar treatment. This product is for all skin types. 🧬Product Information ℹ- Achieve smoother & more radiant-looking skin with Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment. Gentle enough for various skin types, this anti-aging treatment is formulated with purified grade lactic acid that works to clear skin & produce natural collagen. Ingredients like licorice, lemongrass & aloe help you achieve an even complexion while reducing the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles.
 🧬Key Ingredients-High Potency, Purified Grade Lactic Acid (5%), which plumps lines & exfoliates dead skin cells to reveal smoother, clearer & more youthful-looking skin; Licorice, which naturally brightens the appearance of hyperpigmentation; Lemongrass, which boosts skin radiance; and, aloe, which soothes & refreshes skin. 🧬My Thoughts 💭- I was first introduced to this miracle product about a year ago when I received a sample in a Sephora box I received. It was love at first application. I’d tried a few chemical exfoliants in the past, but this was the first high end chemical exfoliator I’d had the opportunity to try. For those unfamiliar to chemical exfoliators, they work to slough off dead skin cells using acids (like lactic, salicylic, or alpha hydroxyl), versus physical exfoliants, which have a grainy texture (i.e. scrubs). These acids rid the skin of impurities. The very first time I applied this product, I could feel the lactic acid tingling my skin. I love that feeling because I know it is ridding my skin of impurities & toxins. I also love the tingle because I know that the product is working. I have sensitive, reactive skin & I can tolerate this product one to two times per week. I apply it at night, after cleansing & toning. Every time I use this product, my skin looks radiant, glowy & dewy. My skin feels firmer & plumper the morning after I use this product. I can even go without makeup as my skin has a nice, natural glow. This product is a splurge, but it is worth it. You can find this product at Sephora. It runs $105 for a 1 ounce bottle & $158 for a 1.7 ounce bottle. #sundayriley #sundayrileygoodgenes #chemicalexfoliation #chemicalexfoliant #lacticacid #lacticacidpeel #exfoliation #beauty #beautybloggers #skincare #skincareroutine #skincarereview #skincareproduct #asianbeauty #productreview #skincareproducts #skincareproductreview #beautyblog #beautyblogger
Carrollton, GA
I have been using lactic acid treatments for several years. One of my daughter's bought this one and wanted to try it and test it out against a far less expensive lactic acid treatment from The Ordinary. The Sunday Riley is $85 for 1 ounce. These are the ingredients: Water, Prickly Pear Extract, Agave Extract, Lady's Slipper Orchid Extract, Cactus Extract, Aloe Leaf Extract & Yeast Extract, Lactic Acid, Caprylic Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalane, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Ppg-12/ Smdi Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate,Peg-100 Stearate, Arnica Montana (Flower) Extract, Peg-75 Meadowfoam Oil, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Oil, Triethanolamine, Xantham Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Dmdm Hydantoin. Lactic Acid is the 8th ingredient down and how much lactic acid is in it, we don't know. The Ordinary has two strengths: 5 and 10% lactic acid for $6.80 or $6.50 based on strength. Here are the ingredients in The Ordinary's formula: Aqua (Water), Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Propanediol, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol. Lactic acid is the second ingredient. Granted, The Ordinary does not contain all the extracts, but as an exfoliant, it works far better than Sunday Riley Good Genes All in One Lactic Acid Treatment. I feel that I can get the other skin care ingredients in Sunday Riley in my serums and moisturizer. I will still have to have those after paying $85 for the exfoliant.
Los Angeles, CA
Purchased at: Bloomingdale's
Sunday Riley is not just a brand to me; it’s a lifestyle. If you watch the tutorial videos on the Sephora webpage, you’ll see multiple people who use good genes for seven days straight and it compares them from day one to day seven and the results are astronomical. For myself, it has gotten rid of my acne scars, my wrinkles have diminished, my calcium deposits are gone, and my skin just has more of that healthy, younger and more firm and glowing look to it. I also use the same combination every night with the Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil. Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment is their top seller for a reason. In addiction, although I purchased the 1.7 ounce bottle because it’s more feasible for me, both that size and the 1 ounce size have dropped in price at Sephora. It is a lactic acid treatment, so I wouldn’t recommend starting off by using it every night, not everyone is as experienced with skin care as I am. But go get a sample, try it three times, and I guarantee you you will go back to buy it. I also recommend for you sensitive skin folks that following with Sunday’s Ice moisturizer after putting Luna, waiting 5 minutes then Good genes on if you want to lock in hydration. I wish more men were like me because I may be gay, but guys...you will immensely impress a woman if she comes over and sees good genes on your counter. I may be biased, because Sunday is also from Texas, and watching her tutorial videos on Sephora has taught me more about skin care than anything else, but I think the product speaks for itself.
Sumner , WA
Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment uploaded by Robin M.
Sunday Riley Good Genes All In One Lactic Acid Treatment has both pros and cons. The biggest con is the price. The very very high-end price tag is seriously hard to swallow. I think it's around 80.00 at Sephora...But if you can afford it I would highly recommend. It has to be used consistently but if applied properly, the results are worth the price tag. The wrinkles around my eyes and on my forehead have plumped and are less prominent and my skin has a much healthier glow overall. It takes very little product to achieve a full application so a bottle will last quite a while. All in all if you have the extra dough, it's worth a try if you battle with wrinkles.
Honolulu, HI
Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment uploaded by NOELLE E.
Purchased at: Sephora
Absolutely the BEST gentle exfoliating treatment i have ever used. Lactic acid (AHA) is more gentle than glycolic acid, and a humectant. This product is great for all skin types, because everyone needs a gentle exfoliating treatment. However, it is especially great for dry or sensitive skin. I don't know what possessed me to buy such an expensive product. But it was the BEST decision i made. 3 years ago, i was just starting into my skincare journey and instead of physical exfoliators, i focused on chemical exfoliators. One of the first chemical treatments I bought, after doing research of course, so my skin wasn't completely used to chemical treatments. I felt a slight tingle when I first started using this, but nothing uncomfortable. I saw results right away. And after a few uses i knew this was a holy grail, a lifesaver! my texture went away, my pores were clear, my skin looked bright and fresh! my skin was plump and brightened. AMAZING product HOLY GRAIL for me! The only downside is the PRICE (1.7 oz/$158), so thats why the 4 stars. but for me it is absolutely worth the price! I've been through 5 bottles over the past three years, something i can always go back to if my skin is out of whack. I exfoliate a few times a week, not every night. Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment
Chestnut Hill, MA
Purchased at: Sephora
I'm obsessed with chemical exfoliants and do a lot of research into the products I buy. This review is for Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment. THE GOOD- I love how the 5 percent lactic acid exfoliates and plumps the skin, after using it I notice my skin is significantly smoother and brighter. Note: the actual percentage of lactic acid included in the formulation may range from 5-10% relative to its pH- which Sunday Riley does not disclose. It also contains licorice extract, which has shown to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation. THE BAD- The concern is that Good Genes contains DMDM Hydantoin: a controversial preservative that has formaldehyde-releasing properties. Formaldehyde is a carcinogen and may cause other serious health issues such as allergies and immunotoxicity. And it builds up in you skin and fatty tissue the more you use it. OVERALL- I love the results Sunday Riley Good Genes produces. However, there are many similar and better products on the market that don't contain DMDM Hydantoin. Until Sunday Riley decides to remove it, I will be choosing safer alternatives.
Grapevine, TX
Holy Moly. First off let me say that this is the first and only lactic treatment I have ever used, so I do not have have another product to compare to. If you do not know what lactic acid is, Lactic acid is mainly produced in muscle cells and red blood cells. It forms when the body breaks down carbohydrates to use for energy when oxygen levels are low. So for the skin, it basically is supposed to draw in oxygen and make your face muscles more tight. This product is super nice. The consistency is very light and a super thin liquid. When you apply it to the skin, it immediately tightens the face. I love it. It makes the skin look brand new. I have never used a product that immediately makes the skin tight and bouncy. The smell is a little hard to describe. It almost is like a sour smell. Sort of like a milk smell or something, and it's not bad it is just different. I used this product every day for 5 weeks and the difference in my skin is incredible. I love this product so much. I have purchased 2 bottles that are on their way, and I am sure I will use this as long as it is available.
Saint amant , LA
Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment uploaded by Lisa N.
Purchased at: ULTA
My face has been looking sooo good lately! I am obsessed! I’ve been using the Sunday Riley Good Genes All In One Lactic Acid Treatment for several weeks now and WOW! Just WOW! My skin is smoother, more firm and just beautiful! My makeup goes on so flawlessly since I don’t have any texture since using it! I am obsessed! Literally! It smells kind of like a citrus type scent. Not everyone will like the smell but it doesn’t bother me at all! Price point is a bit high but you know what? Good stuff ain’t cheap! You get what you pay for and I am absolutely going to spend the money on this!
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Atlanta, GA
Purchased at: Sephora
soooooo.... I’ve only used it for one night before writing this review, so it’s really a first impression but flat out it works ! This paired with the Luna night oil did some serious work overnight on my problematic stressed acne skin. When I work up the next day the bumps had minimized and my skin was glowing. I remember going into Sephora the next day to pick up the Youth to the People cleanser and while in line the lady ahead of me complimented my skin and picked also picked up the cleanser stating my skin looked so good that she wanted to use what I used, not knowing that I was picking that item up for the first time 😂😂 and that the actual culprit’s where this and the Luna oil. The downside is the price 😩😩😩 $105 for 1 emphasis on 1 fluid oz! My skin better be so smooth and so clear next week for the price ! So far it’s doing great, but because of the price, the amount you get for the price and the chemicals, I’ll be using this 3 times out the week instead of every night

711 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Leland
il y a 4 jours
Brittney E. • il y a 4 jours
Yes! I noticed results after about 2 weeks of regular use (every other night). It helped me with uneven skin tone and some texture around my chin.
Indiana
il y a 14 jours
Just bought Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment. Any other serums or face care items you’ve been trying lately that has worked for you? ✨ #DewySkin #NightRoutine #SkincareSecret #ClearSkin
Krista A. • il y a 5 jours
I’ve been using the averr hydrating dew and radiant cleansing nectar and it has been fantastic! There are also 2 more products if you get the whole kit but for me just those two have made a difference! I also love the cryo activating hydrogel from 111skin and their vitamin c brightening booster!