BY SUNDAY RILEY #9 in Face Serums

Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment is formulated with high potency, purified grade lactic acid that immediately exfoliates dull, pore-clogging dead skin cells, revealing smoother, fresher, younger-looking skin. Fine lines appear visually plumped while the skin looks more radiant. With continued use, the appearance of stubborn hyperpigmentation and the visible signs of aging are reduced for a healthier-looking complexion. Perfect for all skin types and all ages, this treatment is enhanced with licorice for brightening, Good Genes clarifies, smooths, and retexturizes for instant radiance.

Which skin type is it good for?
✔ Normal
✔ Oily
✔ Combination
✔ Dry

What it is:
A clarifying, line smoothing lactic acid treatment.

Solutions for:

- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

Suggested Usage:
-Apply one to two pumps to clean skin.

Advanced tips:
-Layer under Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream to fight the appearance of stubborn hyperpigmentation.
-Layer on top of Luna Sleeping Night Oil (or use Good Genes in the morning and Luna at night) for anti-aging radiance and the appearance of healthy, youthful-looking skin.
-Can be applied under foundation as a radiance primer, without any oiliness.
-Can be combined with Ceramic Slip (two pumps of Good Genes and one pump Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser) for a "Flash Facial" mask.
-Leave on for one to 10 minutes for an immediately radiant, deep detox facial.

-High Potency, Purified Grade Lactic Acid: Exfoliates dull, pore-clogging dead skin cells to instantly clarify and reveal smoother, clearer, younger-looking skin, while fighting visible signs of hyperpigmentation.
-Licorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra): Naturally brightens the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
-Lemongrass: Helps boost radiance.
-Aloe: Helps soothe the skin.

Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Agave Tequilana Leaf (Blue Agave) Extract, Cypripedium Pubescens (Lady's Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyses Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract, Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalane, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Ppg-12/Smdi Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol And Ceteareth20, Glyceryl Stearate And Peg-100 Stearate, Arnica Montana (Flower) Extract, Peg-75 Meadowfoam Oil, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Oil, Triethanolamine, Xantham Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Dmdm Hydantoin.

Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment
  • "With that in mind, I knew I wanted to find something to add to my routine to help get rid of those spots and bring forward a clearer and more even complexion." in 1 review
Avery H.
I was THRILLED when I got this in my Birchbox (I’ve wanted to try this but it’s so so soooo expensive...) and I must say...even as a budget beauty person I’m tempted to buy more when it runs out! It absolutely made changes in my skin overnight, which I’ve never experienced, even with products that claim they work overnight. I was worried that this would cause some problems with my PCOS skin but I was pleasantly surprised that it didn’t. I tried it on: my cheeks (where I experience discoloration from old deep acne scars), my chin, and a scar in my t-zone. It helped with the discoloration for sure, as this product is a deep exfoliant, and in my chin it actually brought out some deep clogging that I had been struggling to remove...it came to a head a day later and my skin is doing great! I would recommend this for anyone with concerns about their skin’s consistency or for people who find that mechanical exfoliants are too harsh or simply don’t work. Absolutely worth the price.
carla l.
Salem , OR
I began using Good Genes about a year ago and made it through about a half of a bottle before deciding to switch to another similar serum because I didn't really think that I was seeing a lot of results.  I went through a few other products, none of which were "bad" but still nothing special, before deciding to revisit Good Genes--I sometimes find that circling back to a product may make me feel differently about something the second time around.  Suddenly after using it again for just a couple of days it was as though I FINALLY understood why it's such a hyped-up product because my skin responded immediately!  Suddenly I genuinely noticed that my skin texture and even tone began to improve slightly but noticeably and it overall looked brighter and healthier.  It's become a skincare staple for me and one that I look forward to using--I definitely recommend at least trying it and I'm really glad that I gave it a second chance.
Diana M.
Grovetown
Love, love, LOVE! I am so happy I found this stuff. I did so much research on it both from other influensters and youtubers. Still the price had me iffy so I was thrilled when i was able to get it as a gift with purchase in a sample size. I used it for 2 days before I ordered a full size.

I had NO idea how congested my skin was until I watched it begin to clear up and glow. My pores have shrunk and the fine lines look more plumped and less obvious. But the biggest test was a scar from where my puppy scratched me about a week before Christmas. It was just a scratch but the discoloration was so obvious. Less than 1 week later parts of it are almost invisible.

My new Holy Grail. I will absolutely (and have) purchase again.  Sooo worth the hype!
Christine N.
Columbus, OH
Purchased at: Sephora
The Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment remedies dullness, dark spots, wrinkles and fine lines. It can be applied as a moisturizer or as a mask. I used it as a moisturizer every day at night.
The product slightly stings (so it may be a little too much for sensitive skin) but I kind of liked the sting. It made me think the product was working! lol The product claims to improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles three minutes after use. I felt like I did notice a slight effect minutes after using but more importantly and I woke up with brighter skin every morning. I should note that is product did not do much for my blemishes and I'm still on the search for a product that will get rid of those.
Pamela Y.
Juneau, AK
Oh my has to be the best product in the world. I received a free sample of this in one of my subscription boxes and within 2 minutes was in love. My skin looked so plump my acne pits and skin texture where smoothed away and my skin felt like it drank a gallon of water. It was after trying this I ordered the Influenster best in beauty box because I saw their was a sample of this in there and with all the other wonderful products I had to have it. The price is the only down fall to this product, so  I will continued to look for deals where you can get samples until I can afford the full size product of this.
Tricia C.
Tracy, CA
I got a sample of this in my best of beauty box. Some people say they don’t like the scent of it. I actually like it. It smells like a refreshing lemon scent. I used it for a week now and I’ve seen big improvements on my face already. It reduced the old acne scars I had on my cheek. I heard it also works good on dark spots. I don’t have any dark spots, but my husband does, so I’m going to have him try it out and if it works good and he is happy with it, then it’s worth the price!
Nicole A.
Baltimore
This stuff is AMAZE-BALLS! In all seriousness, I am a skincare freak, especially once I hit my 30s. I have tried a million different skin care products and spent enough to purchase a small island at this point. I found other actives to be too harsh on my skin or I just didn’t notice that much of a difference. About a year ago, I decided to take the plunge and purchased this kit and let me tell you, it changed my life! While my skin wasn’t terribly problematic before, I did have some texture and problem areas (I’m looking at you, T-Zone). My skin just felt and appeared dull. After using this, I noticed a significant difference in my skins texture and appearance. It just looked brighter and more radiant and it was soooo smooth. I noticed results pretty immediate which is awesome! Who doesn't like immediate gratification?!?! This is my go to now and I will NEVER purchase any other brand. I use this at night in conjunction with Sunday Riley Luna Night Oil. They really are the power couple of skincare when used together! I know many people are curious between this product and Drunk Elephant Night Serum. I will say that DE is primarily a glycolic acid (it also contains citric, Salicylic, and lactic). It is also a clear gel like serum whereas Sunday Riley is Lactic Acid suspended in a thicker, milky formula. My skin is sensitive to Glycolic Acid and I found that SR GG is much easier on my skin but still delivers immediate results. I can’t say enough good things about Sunday Riley! If you are on the fence and the price is holding you back, definitely try the kits out. They usually have the kits available at Sephora. You get a decent amount of product and can decide if it works for you before dropping the (really) big bucks.
DJ J.
Sparta
Holy grail of skin care for sure. It is very expensive but let me tell you it does what it promises. I use it at night so it has time to sink into my face because otherwise it can be a bit heavy under makeup. It got rid of all my redness by the end of week two and by the end of the month the texture was completely smooth! The smaller size bottle lasted me about two months with nightly use of one pump. I can say it is my one product I won’t go out of town without.
Roxanne O.
Bakersfield , CA
1,040 reviews
Recently i tried this Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment. My face was super peeling after my shower so it was a great time to try it.

They market this as a”multitasking “ high potency, purified-grade lactic acid treatment that exfoliates dead skin cells, plumps fine lines, evens out hyperpigmentation, and boosts your skin's glow factor—all in one pump.

It is a smooth, non-oily finish that’s supposed to make your skin look radiant with or without foundation.

It did not. It made my skin red and irritated. Moisturized, yes.. but very irritated. The smell is weird. Like rancid oranges. I loveee citrusy smells but i kept thinking “lactic acid” ..that is created from SOUR MILK. No wonder it stinks ? 😕

I hear good things about this brand, but I wouldn’t retry this product personally with my sensitive skin. In the brands defense my sensitive skin is not their issue. I just think something marketed for dry skin should take into account that often times people who have dry skin (most likely) also has sensitive skin as well. So maybe use less harsh ingredients?
Christina AKA The Cherokee Gypsy (Youtube) C.
Smyrna, TN
Purchased at: Sephora
I have had 2 small bottles of this good genes, along with the two small bottles of Luna oil to go with it, and my oily, acne prone, 28 year old skin LOVES those two products paired together. I also like to layer my Sunday Riley UFO oil too on top, to get the best skincare for my skin. True, The full size bottle of good genes is 100 bucks, but honestly..its totally worth the price tag. Good genes is some powerful stuff, and has helped my "fine lines" and "aging" slow done tremendously. I use it day and night with my belief aqua bomb trio, and my oily, acne prone skin loves these products paired together. You can use food genes alone, or you can pair it will a Sunday Riley oil or your favorite moisturizer treatment. It smells lovely to me, and you get your money's worth, since all you need is a pump to cover your whole face. Since I'm oily, I don't rub anything into my face. I pat everything into my oily skin, so it soaks up the product better. Even though this was 100 bucks, I'd pay it again because it's JUST THAT GOOD. It helps fine lines, wrinkles, increases cell turnover, clarifies, and the lactic acid in it transforms your skin. I absolutely love to use mine, and still keep it in its case, because it's so boujie. It's worth it though I promise. Sunday Riley products have never let me down at all. Their expensive, yes, but honestly, you get what you pay for as the truth. This good genes lactic acid treatment also helps with texture issues too. If your contemplating if the price is too steep, it is, but it's worth saving up for I promise. I try not to use mine every day because it's so expensive, but I love the way my skin glows and smells after using it, especially from pairing it with the Luna oil the night before. Don't hesitate. Save up. It's worth dropping 100 bucks. It's a phenomenal product. All you need is a little dab at a time, that's all. I love some Sunday Riley, and if you haven't tried their brand..your totally missing out, just saying.
Claire M.
I have sensitive skin and I don't know if it would upset skin like mine. Has anyone with sensitive skin tried this and how was your experience with it? Will it likely upset my skin (if I pay a lot of money for it)?
Sara A.
Does anyone know if this product reduces the appearance of acne scars? Or even how it works on oily and acne prone skin? I know people who are dry and love this product, but I wanted to hear from my oily people as well.
Katie H.
Philadelphia, PA
I have the Luna oil, and think it's Hands Down the Best hundred dollars I've ever spent. I'm wanting to try more of the Sunday Riley products and I've had my eye on Good Genes for a little while now but I've heard a lot of mixed reviews. if anyone has used this for some time now and has, or hasn't seen results Please comment and let me know before I waste good money on a product that doesn't work
Alexa C.
Does this product help with acne scars and uneven skin tone?
Tami J.
Grand Island, NE
For those with Acne or breakouts. Do you spot treat first then apply? Or spot treat after? Or will this product alone take care of acne?