Skin CareSunday Riley
Clean Rinse Clarifying Scalp Serum

Sunday Riley Clean Rinse Clarifying Scalp Serum

PRODUCT DETAILS:

An AHA/BHA-infused, rinse-off serum to clarify the scalp of product buildup, excess oil, dead skin, and pollution for a cleaner, healthier-looking scalp and refreshed hair.

HOW IT WORKS: Clear away hair product buildup, sebum, dead skin, and pollution for a cleaner, healthier-looking scalp and refreshed hair, while nurturing your scalp with vitamins, minerals and free fatty acids. Glycolic acid exfoliates the surface of the scalp, removing hair follicle-clogging debris and styling product build-up from the hair and scalp. Salicylic acid dissolves sebum buildup inside of the follicle to support optimum hair health. Rose clay pulls impurities out, while witch hazel provides astringent action to remove product residue without stripping the scalp. A vitamin and mineral complex of panthenol, calcium, zinc, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E support healthy hair growth. This clarifying scalp serum is in a gentle, micellar water base, to lift away dirt as it rinses out of your hair. Free fatty acids, jasmine essential oil, and rosewater rehydrate the scalp, without making the hair oily, for a full-spectrum, clarifying, cleansing, and hydrating rinse-off scalp treatment.

Sulfate-free, paraben-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and phthalate-fee. Also free of formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, and mineral oil.

Did this leave your hair feeling stiff after using it?
Sunday Riley Clean Rinse Clarifying Scalp Serum really works? I'm looking for a treatment for dry, flaky and itchy scalp.
I Really want to try this. I can’t seem to find it at my local store?
Start your review of Sunday Riley Clean Rinse Clarifying Scalp Serum!
Chelsea T.
Sanford, FL
Sunday Riley Clean Rinse Clarifying Scalp Serum uploaded by Chelsea T.
I’ve never used a scalp rinse before and clearly I’ve been doing something wrong. It’s a glittery yellow and easy to see where you’re applying it, the nozzle makes it really easy to get right on the scalp, and despite my skin being sensitive it had no issues with this! The smell is very plain, smells a bit like powder makeup? Which is fine, no smell is better than bad smell! I left it on for a little over 15 minutes, it wasn’t very hard to rinse out with my shampoo scalp brush, which I highly recommend for product build up as well. It will make your showers so much easier. My hair has looked so refreshed all day, and even with my thick hair soaking up so much product meant for my scalp, one use only used a tenth of the bottle. I plan to use this weekly to break up buildup. Great job Sunday Riley!
Erica P.
Spartanburg, SC
Purchased at: ULTA
I purchased this right after it was released at Ulta since they were also doing a SR GWP. I have loved every single Sunday Riley product that I have tried. Since my scalp frequently suffers from dryness, faking, and irritation, this product was calling my name. This works very much like an ACV rinse, but smells much better and is more hydrating since it contains hyaluronic acid. This is a bit on the pricey side at $48 and the bottle is a lot smaller than I thought it would be. I have been using it once a week and estimate that a bottle will last a couple of months at that rate.
Jannette A.
Fountain, CO
Sunday Riley Clean Rinse Clarifying Scalp Serum uploaded by Jannette A.
I have thick curly hair. I wash my hair 1-2 times a week. This serum was gentle to my highlights. I placed it on my scalp and rubbed it. I left it for 30 mins then washed it with shampoo and conditioner. My hair felt lighter and my scalp didn’t have flakes after I blowdried my hair. Highly recommend.
Shannon L.
Chattanooga, TN
Sunday Riley Clean Rinse Clarifying Scalp Serum uploaded by Shannon L.
Sunday Riley Clean Rinse Clarifying Scalp Serum uploaded by Shannon L.
Having never used a scalp treatment before I wasn't sure what to expect. I was a little hesitant because I dye my hair fun colors often and wondered if the product would end up stripping the dye, however, I was pleasantly surprised after using it. In the photo below my hair is orange and not a shade difference between where I applied the serum and where I did not. Somehow it was able to refresh my scalp without lightening my dyed hair! The product was easy to apply (I put my hair into 6 different sections and squirted it along the scalp lines and then massaged in), and after waiting about 7 minutes I rinsed it out and then used my regular shampoo. My scalp is not irritated at all and seems in superb condition which is awesome since I use dry shampoo a few days a week and am sure I had some build up from that. All in all it seems to be a great product for anyone wanting to degunk or refresh their scalp! #SundayAHAMoment #VoxBox
Machelle G.
Sunland, CA
Sunday Riley Clean Rinse Clarifying Scalp Serum uploaded by Machelle G.
I style my hair daily and use lots of products so I have been using this scalp serum once a week to really clean any product buildup and any dandruff.
Katie M.
San Diego, CA
Sunday Riley Clean Rinse Clarifying Scalp Serum uploaded by Katie M.
Sunday Riley Clean Rinse Clarifying Scalp Serum uploaded by Katie M.
Update. I am able to use with no prob if I use sparingly and keep away from the face! PLEASE READ IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN I am always writing the most honest reviews I can here especially if given to me in a Voxbox because I want to help our community and the brand. I love this company and use so many of their products. This review is of first use and I am going to reach out to Sunday riley to follow up and ask their opinion if I should try again and then I will update. Pro- beautiful bottle to look at in your shower! The serum smells and looks lovely. I have some growths in my uterus so have been laying down a lot and using a lot of dry shampoo to help my hair between washes. I also used texturized this week so was excited to use this as my scalp felt oily and itchy. Cons- I have extremely sensitive skin- perhaps I was too agressive with the application or it got too close to my facial skin- my scalp actually felt really good after using this and did not react like my forehead. But if you have sensitive facial skin maybe do not use this one before patch testing! As you can see by photo I got a really bad reaction on my forehead that went away overnight. So always patch test before use!!!
Donna R.
Felton, DE
Sunday Riley Clean Rinse Clarifying Scalp Serum uploaded by Donna R.
Sunday Riley Clean Rinse Clarifying Scalp Serum uploaded by Donna R.
I was pleasantly surprised by this scalp treatment. I have a dry scalp and winter months wreck havoc. I try to do hot oil treatments once a month and that kind of helps but from now on, I am going to be using this. I have absolutely no dryness and my head just feels clean, but not stripped. The one thing I would recommend that needs to be changed is the smell. It's awful. I do not notice a lingering smell, but just be aware, it smells. Other than that, I highly recommend!!
Meghan D.
Darien, IL
Sunday Riley Clean Rinse Clarifying Scalp Serum uploaded by Meghan D.
My scalp gets oily the day after one wash. This rinse-off serum has helped a ton! I use it once a week as a pre shampoo treatment. I have noticed I do not have as much excess oil. It removes residue from my hair and conditions my scalp. It makes my scalp feel clean and my hair look healthy.
Dinora O.
Cranberry Twp, PA
Sunday Riley Clean Rinse Clarifying Scalp Serum uploaded by Dinora O.
My hair has suffered the last 2 years from a lot of dandruff, and I used many products dedicated to this problem and I just wasted my money, I made homemade masks that only solved a few days and that if it worked for me I'm happy thanks Influenster
katelyn L.
Olympia, WA
Sunday Riley Clean Rinse Clarifying Scalp Serum uploaded by katelyn L.
It’s nice . It’s a thin liquid serum, dark yellow in color . It smells like lavender oil . It has glycolic acid to exfoliate and salicylic acid to resolve oil and dirt buildup , it also has a micellar base so it almost cleanses your hair on its own , My hair always feels nice and clean after I use it.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
RF Miguel F.
Doral, FL
il y a 2 mois
Alyse B. il y a 2 mois
So I also have a dry and itchy scalp and this seemed to definitely help. (I have psoriasis on my scalp so things either make it worse or better.)
alyssa E.
Ellie S.
Manhasset, NY
il y a 3 mois
Amber T. il y a 3 mois
You apply it to dry hair, wait 15 minutes, then rinse off in the shower. =) AHA's/BHA's become less potent when water is present, as it throws of the pH level of the acids.