BY SUNDAY RILEY #7 in Cleansing Creams & Balms

A hydrating cleansing balm that removes makeup even stubborn eye makeup and impurities with sugar-based cleansers as soothing essential oils calm irritation. Blue Moon Tranquility Cleansing Balm is a luxurious balm-to-milk, soft blue cleansing balm that effortlessly removes makeup and impurities. Using gentle, clean-rinsing, sugar-based cleansers, it moisturizes with cocoa butter and mimosa flower wax while soothing with deep-blue, azulene-rich, essential oils of blue tansy and German chamomile. Vanilla and sweet orange essential oils help to relax the mind for a tranquil, spa-like experience. It rinses clean effortlessly while thoroughly removing makeup and gently purifying the skin. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates This product is cruelty-free, noncomedogenic, and formulated without fragrance and gluten. see more...

• I need Face wash recommendations. I have mild adult acne ...4 Answers
  • How many of you double cleanse and what cleansers/ balms/...2 Answers
  • Does any one know if this product is discontinued? I real...2 Answers
Sunday Riley Blue Moon Tranquility Cleansing Balm
  • "This product is your new holy grail! Gentle exfoliation while hydrating the skin as the oil breaks down your makeup effectively and gently. Also can be used as a hydrating mask overnight or by being left on the skin for upwards of 20 minutes and then washed off. Your skin will feel softer and more supple after one use! just follow with the ceramic slip or any other water based cleanser after." in 21 reviews
  • "I think a lot of people use this product wrong and that is why it is definitely undervalued. When I bought this the Sunday Riley rep showed me how to use it. You use this product as a 1st and 2nd cleaner. Grab a dome size amount and rub on your dry skin. You rub the product in until it is not grainy just smooth. After that grab your clarisonic and wet your face a bit once it hits the water it gets milky and take absolutely everything off your face!! I love so much about this. I have super sensitive skin and redness and this works wonders " in 11 reviews
Christine B.
Dallas
This is the best cleanser I’ve used (though I have yet to test out Farmacy’s green clean). I used Bioderma’s micellar water for years, but I had to follow it with a toner to remove sunscreen/leftover product that would clog my pores. This takes all of my makeup off, including stubborn eye makeup, without scrubbing or tugging. The key is to give it a minute to soften/loosen your mascara/eyeliner  and do its magic. I have found this is also very nourishing for my lashes!

I like to leave this on for a while, at least 5 minutes or so (though it can also be worn as a mask!) since it makes my skin so soft and supple. Most cleansers are too harsh and drying, but I find this hydrating like Fresh’s Sugar balm, but for my face. Both products use sugar for its humectant/moisturizing properties.

I was nervous that this product would break me out but have never had an issue—in fact, it keeps my face clear because it does such a great job of removing everything, including my stubborn sunscreen (which causes breakouts if I don’t conpletely remove it). When I first started using this cleanser I tried following it with a toner, as was my habit, to remove all my sunscreen. But there was never any product or dirt left on the cotton pad, which was surprising enough that I continued to test it a couple more nights before I felt comfortable that toner was unnecessary.

This is a bit pricier than I’d like for a cleanser, but it does such a fantastic job of removing EVERYTHING in my pores and making my face as soft as a baby’s butt. And to be fair,  it does save money on toner that I no longer have to purchase. This also lasts a while—I’m a few months in, use it fairly liberally, and still have at least half a jar left.
Erica B.
Louisville, KY
1,383 reviews
For the price and small amount you receive in the jar I expected this to move mountains and what it did was barely remove makeup. So let down. As an avid user of two of their other products I really expected great results with this and did not receive that at all. I returned this and would not recommend or repurchase
Khanh N.
Montville , NJ
This cleansing balm is horrible! It didn’t really take off all my makeup. Left my face feeling so gross and dirty. There are plenty of cleansing oils out there that does 1000x better at removing makeup than this product. I can’t believe it’s this expensive either. Do not buy! Get a sample first if u wanna try.
eirini t.
Let me start by saying I have combination skin that has an oily t-zone and wear a lot of makeup.. this cleanser does an excellent job of removing my makeup . It’s a balm so the consistency is quite thick. It helps to use a washcloth to remove it cause it leaves residue but over all a good cleaner
Shannon K.
Harrison twp , MI
I have been using the Sunday Riley Blue Moon cleansing balm for about a week. I use it at night & I'm really liking it. It smells great & leaves my skin so soft. My only complaint is that it's not the best at removing my eye makeup. I consistently have to do a second step to get it all off. I'm going to try it as a mask next.
Maritza M.
I wanted to love this but for the price it is not good enough. It left my skin oily and was strangely gritty. It smells great but only removed 85% of my makeup. I'd pass unless you wear light makeup and plan to wash your face again right afterwards.
Erin D.
Lawrence Twp, NJ
This product is pure luxury. It worked wonderfully, smelled great,and felt great. It is a bit pricey but also works well for smoothing and hydration if left on like a mask as well. Which is exactly what I used it for!
Courtney W.
Winston Salem, NC
I really like this balm. It has some texture to it unlike other balms I have tried. The scent is very pleasant. I typically use it to remove my makeup and cleanse, but I don’t wear heavy eye makeup daily. I would probably remove that before using this product. I like to put it on my face and leave for 10-15 minutes before removing with a cloth or rinsing. This product leaves my skin clean and soft.
leigh h.
This is fine but maybe a little “oily” for me overall. I like to use it when I’m having those sensitive times with my skin. Sunday Riley Blue Moon Tranquility Cleansing Balm
Dana H.
It's just okay. I think way over hyped for the price. I got this in a Sephora Favorites a while back and I was using it to remove makeup which seemed like a huge waste, I have plenty of products that can remove makeup and not cost nearly as much. But use to remove eye makeup? Never, it has little sugar crystals in it.
Erin G.
Jackson, MS
Does this balm emulsify with water and rinse clean, or do you need to use a washcloth to wipe off the balm?
Rashee G.
Dry skin, barely oily...how well would this work/be good for my skin? overall comments?
Cortney C.
San Diego
I need Face wash recommendations. I have mild adult acne and dry skin. I currently use Sunday Riley Blue Moon Tranquility Cleansing Balm and Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip. I don’t dislike these, just looking to try something new. Any suggestions?
Mariah B.
Hamilton , ON
How moisturizing is this cleansing balm? Does it completely remove makeup? Sunday Riley Blue Moon Tranquility Cleansing Balm
Sable H.
Dillon, MT
I have been very interested in trying this product really all Sunday Riley products in general, is this good for dry acne probe skin?