BY SUNCHIPS® #21 in Chips

• Do these have the real flavor of french onion, or is it more of a...2 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Kira B.
Watertown
With a simplistic, yet great looking bag, Sun Chips French onion give off a healthier look than many of the other chips you see on your local grocery shelf. These “Multigrain” chips also claim to have 30% less fat than regular potato chips and had us more than ready to dive in.The bright green bag welcomed us with a picture of the chips along side some onion, a good visual description of what was to come. When we opened it up, we were welcomed with a corn chip smell (Surprise! Corn is the first ingredient of these whole grain chips). The taste, however, was absolutely delicious. From the first bite you are welcomed with a strong but not overpowering onion flavor (think Ruffles Sour Cream and Onion) that is then followed by the distinct flavor of Sun Chips which is a bit corny and with a taste of oats and a slightly sweet finish.In terms of crunchyness, these wavy chips provide a light crunch that dissipates nicely with each bite but is very satisfying. Even with the various grains included in these chips, you could see the standard green onion flecks that are generally found on onion flavored chips. Although a minor complaint, we do think that it would be great if the flavor lasted just a tad longer, however, the taste is so good that its disappearance makes you want to go for another one almost immediately.After nearly demolishing the bag in a matter of minutes, we had no choice but to give Sun Chips French Onion our coveted Must Munch status. These delicious chips will satisfy your craving for something to enjoy that is *slightly healthier than your average chip. With a combination of a more common but tasty onion flavor, and the unique sun chips multigrain chip, if you see these, its worth the buy.
Karen Briseida P.
San Jose, CA
Really really love these chips. They meet up to my standards ha! Definitely one of my faves. Love the taste and texture. I usually buy them either at Target or Walmart. These would be my favorite to similar chips and do recommend then for others who don’t like their chips either too greasy or bland.
Bre S.
Baltimore, MD
Healthy chip choice. I have tried most of the flavors the sun chip brand offers but these are my favorite. They are great pair for sandwiches or by themselves. The only thing about these chips though is that they leave a weird aftertaste in my mouth. But that's no biggie. I will be purchasing them again.
Leanna B.
Danville, WV
Any flavored sun chip is good in by book. The original ones are just to bland. I love to get these at subway and put them one the sandwich. Yes on the sandwhich. Gives it extra flavor and crunch to a sandwhich. Other than that. I’m not crazy about them. Don’t like them much by themselves.
Alyssa C.
Dacula, GA
Sun chips aren't my go to type of chip but if I have them and nothing else to eat, it's not torture to eat. I like the flavored ones because it switches it up a bit from the dry and super salty original ones. SunChips® Original Multigrain ChipsSunChips® French Onion
Ashley J.
Sunrise, FL
They taste like a healthy version of sour cream and onion chips. Which I really like. I like to pair with a sub or a sandwich. Sometimes I eat it alone. It will make your breathe stink but it’s onions duh. I like the taste so I don’t have a problem with that
Kailee S.
Solon, OH
I buy these all the time when I am craving something crunchy. I prefer them over potato chips and find them to be a slightly healthier option. The flavor is irresistable and the chips are actually pretty filling. Wish the bags were a little bigger since the chips are a little expensive, but still worth the buy.
Myriah O.
Cause what’s a Subway sandwich without a bag of SunChips® Garden Salsa?! It’s so hard to choose just one flavor but Harvest Cheddar and Garden Salsa are my faves! Excuse me while I nom nom nom 🤤
Emily P.
Charlotte
I love SunChips. They come in a variety of flavors and are always fresh and crynchy. They are one of my favorite snacks and my go to chip of choice. They are always a staple in my pantry and for my household. Also my choice when I’m at home or out and about.
Kristen V.
Ellicott City, MD
While I love the sunchip brand, this flavor just doesn’t do it for me. The overall flavors seem to be very one note and the note is salty. I don’t get a lot of the onion flavor and I don’t find myself reaching back for more. Not my favorite flavor from them!
Kellie W.
Clarkston, MI
Angel B.
Springfield, IL
I would say cheese is my favorite flavor, what's yours?
Kendra M.
Spring, TX
Can I have some now please?
Megan R.
Jarrettsville, MD
Will there be any new flavors released soon?
Sara Y.
Do these have the real flavor of french onion, or is it more of an onion chip?