BY SUNBUTTER

SunButter
  • "I am a peanut butter addict and find this as a great alternative to feed my addiction, Highly recommend!" in 8 reviews
  • "It's made from sunflower seeds :) It is very tasty and never knew there was such a thing until my daughter started school where she is now." in 7 reviews
  • "I LOVE peanut butter, but since finding out that my 2 year old has a peanut allergy a year ago we had to make some changes." in 6 reviews
Katie M.
Glendora, CA
I absolutely love love love this sunflower seed butter. It’s delicious and I can eat it with almost anything. I really love it with apples (green or red) and some whole grain, seeded crackers. Delicious and easy snack for a teacher.
Lisa F.
I really like this butter. I like to throw either in my breakfast smoothie or spread it on sourdough or whole grain toast. You can purchase it at Target for $5.99.
Mariah K.
Indianapolis
Sunbutter is a great alternative to other fattier nut butters like peanut butter or cashew butter. It's also made of seeds to it's compatible for the paleo diet and Whole30. I love putting this on my toast in the morning! It's very tasty and flavorful. I've never really been a fan of almond butter or cashew butter so it's a great alternative to those.
Amanda H.
Charleston, SC
I worked at a childcare facility that had to be nut-free, so we gave them sunbutter instead of peanut butter. That was the first time I ever tried it, and it was really good! However, there is a difference between them. I didn't like the kind with the red lid, but the yellow lid was great. I'm still not sure what the difference is, but always make sure you get the yellow lid.
Culture S.
I originally bought this to make sandwiches for our preschooler. But she does not like the taste. She prefers regular old peanut butter. So I have been eating it and, I actually really love it. If you do not like the taste of sunflower seeds, then you definitely will not like this. But if you do, it is a nice variation from the regular PBJ sandwich.
Emily P.
Orangevale, CA
I have always been obsessed with peanut butter but after trying sun butter, it's my new obsession! I put it on rice cakes or a scoop in my smoothie. It's delicious! Once you try it, you'll be hooked!
Allie Y.
As someone with a life threatening allergy to peanuts, and most other nuts, I was so excited to find this alternative! From what I've heard it tastes the same as peanut butter.
Seny T.
Kernersville , NC
Sunbutter is just a gift from God! It’s Delicious and allows people with nut allergies to enjoy the iconic PB&J! It’s creamy, great for recipes, and delicious! It’s much pricier than a peanut butter but worth it!
Ashley M.
Edison, NJ
I worked in a facility that was nut-free for years, so I was forced to adopt a "nut alternative" since I have a serious addiction to peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches. This spread certainly did not disappoint. It is not as sweet as regular peanut butter but it's thickness, color and taste greatly resemble that of peanut butter. My taste buds adapted quickly and now I actually prefer this- since it is actually a healthier choice than peanut butter. It is more expensive than regular peanut butter-- but that's a supply and demand issue. However I think it's worth the extra few dollars.
Heather D.
Lewistown, PA
I love sun butter. I use it to make cookies, parfaits, and dishes that require peanuts or peanut butter. I don't have an allergy to peanut butter (I'm just not a fan. Bleh) and actually prefer sun butter to the peanut variety. Those who do have a peanut allergy will find it acceptable, I think. In fact, I'm certain they won't even miss it! As for price, it is more expensive, BUT it is totally worth an extra 3 dollars.
Alyssa M.
Nashville, TN
Is there a taste difference between the sunbutter and peanut butter?
Shavonda B.
Richmond, VA
How do you use your sunbutter?
Angela H.
Fort Benning, GA
Has anyone tried using this product in recipes? Does it stack up to peanut butter?
Angela H.