BY SUN-IN #3 in Hair Bleach & Lighteners

Bright Hair, Beautiful Hair Sun In Lemon Hair Lightener brings out your natural highlights. It conditions while it lightens. The advanced conditioning system in Sun-In, with botanical extracts such as aloe, marigold, chamomile and flaxseed, pampers... see more...

Buy on Amazon*
Meredith R.
Denver, CO
I naturally have medium/light blonde hair and I've used this for about 8 years. I use it more often during the summer but sometimes I'll use it during the winter (and use a hair dryer) to give my hair a little more umph and to lessen the appearance of "roots". It works within 1-2 uses for me when I use a hairdryer and it makes my hair noticeably lighter after just a couple of hours in the sun. The only drawback is that it has a yellow/golden hue vs the icy blonde that is trendy right now. It I want it to be icier I'll just use a purple shampoo and voila, perfect hair color for less than $10.
Shelly J.
Tallahassee, FL
I have naturally dark brown hair that I dye red/copper- most dark haired people would be mortified to have the brassy shade that I have. The instructions advise against someone like me using this but since it's the color I like I always have a bottle of this in my bathroom when my color gets a little too dark or if I need help with my roots before dying again. I feel like I spray a lot when using but curious how much others use to get a more dramatic effect in one usage (unless it's strictly the heat that matters). I also use this in the summertime on my arms to lighten the hairs and that always works when I'm at the pool or beach. For the price, and convenience I love this sneaky little tool that I can use year round.
Lauren S.
Mount Laurel
I use this every summer to lighten my roots a bit! I naturally have dark blonde / light-medium brown roots but get a balayage about every 6 months at the salon, and honestly spraying this in my hair over the summer saves me from having to do another trip for the entire summer (and often about 2 extra months afterward). What I will say though is that if you are even a MEDIUM brown, your hair will start to turn reddish as it lightens, so understand your natural hair color before you spray this into your hair. Other than that, I'd use this every couple days when I knew I'd be in the sun, but I spread it out so as not to fry my scalp (that lemon can cause MAJOR sunburn on your scalp if you're out on the beach for an entire day without a hat and have this stuff in your hair). All in all, a great product except for the fact that it kind of stops lifting your color when you get to a certain point -- meaning it'll only go so far, although it's a fair amount of shades. BUT if you have a balayage and need to lighten your roots a bit, this stuff is a godsend.
Taylor D.
I have used this product in the past and I really loved it. I figured I’d try it out again this summer to lighten up my hair without the damage of actually using bleach. Unfortunately, it seemed to do just as much damage and turn my hair an orange-red color(I’m a natural blonde). It was easy to use and smelled great, but it just wasn’t worth it.
JULIET V.
Love this product soooo much! Throughout the summer I sprayed a few spritzes in my hair once a week and it has lightened my hair so much. It is still really natural and it suits me well, when I came back to school everyone was asking me if I dyed my hair and gave me tons of compliments. I didn't really know what to say because technically this isn't hair dye. The reason I love this so much is because I've always wanted to dye my hair a little lighter but since I have curly hair I didn't want to damage and ruin it with all the bleach and other harmful chemicals with box bye or a hair salon job. I HIGHLY recommend this product!!!
Alina P.
I always wanted to light up my hair but I was afraid to bleach it and ruin it. When I found out the existence of this product, everything changed. A friend gave it to me as a gift and I used it for almost 5 months and it works amazingly. It didn’t damage my hair, it didn’t make it orange. I love it.
Vivian F.
Highland Park
I used sun in for quite a few years before I decided to grow my hair out for donation. Some people complain that it makes their hair an orange color but for me, it came out amber brown. My hair is a very dark brown, almost black. Every time after washing, I would spray it onto the hair framing my face and the outermost layers of my hair then let the sun do it’s work. Supposedly you can get faster results by using a blow dryer but I never tried this method. My hair never felt dry or damaged from the sun in use. If I wanted to color my hair again, I would use sun in.
Nicole J.
Utica, NY
I use this mostly in the summer when I want my blonde hair lighter, I’ve tried others but they dried my hair out. It makes my blonde hair brighter, it’s also a good cost as well, the only thing I don’t like this the smell, but after 5 minutes you can’t smell it anymore
Cassidy M.
Used to use this when I was younger. Good for hair that was never treated or colored before. It turned my dirty blonde hair a little orangey which was not fun- I use salon versions of this which work much much much better and aren’t that expensive either
Sarah O.
Oxford
I used this as a teenager. It does lighten your hair, it’s not the best quality. It’s what you would expect for the price! My only issue with it is the spray application. If you’re trying to make streak highlights, it’s not very easy to accomplish.
Claudia V.
SAN BENITO, TX
Is this damaging to the hair? And can it be used on dyed hair?