BY SUN-IN #2 in Hair Bleach & Lighteners

Sun In?? Lemon Fresh Hair Lightener.
4.7 fl oz (138 ml). see more...

• ** copied from a fellow influenster*** Now I've been seei...30 Answers
  • Is it best to use it on dry or wet hair??1 Answers
  • Does this product work with dark hair? I have really blac...4 Answers
Sun In Hair Lightener Lemon Fresh
  • "The product lightens your hair by using acidic compounds similar to the old fashion/ home remedy lemon juice process." in 5 reviews
  • "When I wasn't doing it that was I would spray it in my hair and put the blow dryer to it to create the same effect as the sun!" in 5 reviews
Morgan B.
Terre Haute , IN
When I first began using this product, I really liked how much blonder my hair looked! I have dark/dirty blonde hair, and it did not turn my hair orange. I found the best way to apply this product onto my hair was to put it in right when I got out of the shower and then blow dry dry my hair. HOWEVER, THIS PRODUCT WILL DAMAGE YOUR HAIR BEYOND BELIEF. I used to have very soft and tangle-free hair. The Sun In I was using completely destroyed the softness of my hair, and left me with dry, brittle hair that breaks extremely easily. All of my hair dresser friends say that using Sun In is a huge mistake, because it is equivalent to putting bleach directly on your hair. In addition, I attempted to get my hair balayaged this summer (nearly two years after I stopped using Sun In) and the beautician who was doing the balayage told me she refused to put more dye on my hair, because I had Sun In in it still. She told me to wait six months before attempting to dye my hair again. She cut most of the Sun In out of it, thankfully. I would not recommend this product to ANYONE who cares about their hair and its health. I wish I would've spent a little extra money to get my hair professionally lightened. A word of advice: STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT.
C.E. N.
Ville Platte, LA
Sun In was all the rage in the 80's and 90's. Everyone and their mom had tried it, and I even made the bad decision to try it to. This product claims to lighten your hair and give you natural looking highlights. Unless you are a natural blonde you will end up with terrible uneven orange brassy results. It also claims to be alcohol free, even if it is it's still really bad, especially since the main ingredient is hydrogen peroxide. You can either use sun in directly in sunlight when you're tanning outside or you can use a hair dryer for faster results. Heat activates the hydrogen peroxide, thus making your hair lighter. I tried to lighten my hair using sun in and it left it feeling really dry, orange, and brassy. It's also not good to dye over this either because who knows what kind of chemical reaction you could have on top of your head. It also says that you should not use this on already dyed hair. Even if you do manage to get a good hair color from this, it will damage your hair beyond repair. My hair was so unhealthy after using this, I had a lot of split ends that couldn't be fixed without cutting my hair. It's basically like using regular hair bleach, since bleach contains hydrogen peroxide. Except you're using it over a long period of time with a hair dryer. So you're better off just going to a salon and getting highlights there. This also smells terrible, it smells like strong lemon scents hydrogen peroxide. Not only that, but this stuff really stings your skin. It made my skin burn leaving it looking white and bleached out. That can't be good for your scalp. It always made my hair feel like straw after using it, and had a weird coated feeling. I would not suggest using this even if you are a blonde. It causes more damage then it's worth and you're better off just using regular hair bleach in your hair instead. I don't even know how Sun in managed to last into the 2000's. Should have left it in the 1990's where it belongs. Effectiveness It does lighten your hair, but depending on what color your hair is beforehand will determine how light it will get. Most people end up with brassy orange hair. It lightens your hair slowly with hydrogen peroxide. It works after a long period of time but by then your hair will be really damaged. Ease of Application It's easy to use because you just spray it in your hair, comb it through, and use a blow dryer to dry your hair
jilleann t.
Anaheim, CA
I absolutely love this product are used to use it as a kid and I still use it today some people get mad when they see that if you put it on your dark brown hair it’ll make it a little bit more red and that’s what the bottle actually says. so if you’re not looking for dark brown hair turned a little bit red don’t use it that’s what I use it for I’m a brunette and I absolutely love how my reds come out so just keep that in mind if you have dark brown hair and you’re expecting it to be light brown. It’s not make sure you READ thing
Gillian V.
Ashburn
I love sun in! My hair is a dark red color but compared to many people's brown hair my hair is very light. I never liked how dark my red hair was compared to other red heads. So i was in rite aid one day and i picked it up and bought it. It seemed like a good product. I bought it and tried it out with a blow dryer and it works like a charm. My hair went from dark red to a strawberry blonde. That was only the first time. Many people thought i died my hair. The second time was my last time because i was afraid i would go blonde. But its good to touch up my roots. If you don't want to go completely blonde than this isn't for you. It really works. Its crazy how great this product is.
Ashley G.
i honestly got this last spring not thinking it was actually gonna work or make any noticeable effect. i just started using it regularly, spraying it on my hair about 3-4 times a week after i washed my hair. then people at school started telling me my hair looked lighter. it says on the bottle that if you have dark hair, a reddish undertone will show when it lightens and that’s what happened to mine. that’s the only thing i don’t like about this spray, other than that, it works good and will gradually get lighter and lighter as you continue to use.
Marlene P.
I am a natural blonde so sometimes to brighten it - at night I will spray this into my roots only around my face and crown. Before, I will load the ends of my hair with coconut oil to protect my thin hair from the peroxide in the product. Then I blow it dry and the heat from the hair dryer will activate the product in my hair. I go to bed and wash it out when I get up in the morning. I ONLY do this about every 3 months. It will give me the lightening I want. It actually highlights my hair. I’ve been doing this for many many years. Sure does the trick and it’s just a subtle lift in color. When hair stylists ask me if I color my hair I always say “ you’re going to judge me but” and explain what I do. They are impressed with the highlight it gives me. Some hairstylists question that it will eventually change my hair color to a one dimensional color but it has not done it yet after many many years. It’s the only coloring I use in my hair. I have had it professionally foil highlighted a few times and it was pricey. This does the job just as well for me.
Nina B.
Rutherford, NJ
People ask me all the time if I color my hair and I don’t! But I do have natural highlights because of the sun in! I have mousy brown hair and I use sun in all year round to give my hair a golden glow! In the summer I use it when I get out of the ocean so it works with the sun light and then through the winter months I use it when I get out of the shower with a blow dryer! It’s magical I love it
Lauren M.
Birmingham
I use this all the time in the summer before I lay out or walk/run outside. My hair is a medium to light brunette so this tends to work well. Be careful when using because too much can lead to an orangish tint in your hair instead of blonde. I’ve also used this before I blow dry my hair so the heat can help bring the blonde out, although isn’t doesn’t work as well as being used in the sun!
makeupbybennie S.
Livermore, CA
This product can ruin ur hair if u dnt know how to use it ,first of all I don’t recommend it if u plan on coloring ur hair afterwards ,this is for those who already have light virgin hair and they just wanna “naturally “ its lighten their hair a little ,definitely dnt recommend it to people with realy dark color processed hair .
Abbey R.
Crescent City, CA
I have dark hair, so this is a fun product for me. It gives my dark brown hair a strawberry tint! I wish I had blonde to test this on! But for even brown hair, it lightens. It’s not going to go from dark to blonde... but if you’re looking to lighten and get a different shade on dark hair this is a fun product that smells very beachy. The smell alone makes me want to go in the sun!
Kellie M.
Lee, MA
** copied from a fellow influenster*** Now I've been seeing on influenster there has been a power impact thing going on....to help show how active we are on this app and it's usually commenting your name letter by letter....but that seems a bit over rated and I wanted to give this a little twist. So I will be asking questions and each question you comment separately and I will like your comments. 1.)favorite pallet used 2.) Favorite makeup brand 3.)favorite concealer 4.) Favorite color 5.) Favorite makeup guru 6.) Height 7.)hair color 8.)least favorite makeup product 9.)single or taken 10.) How active are you on influenster Make sure to comment and yes I will be liking everyone's 💕💞this is teamwork and we need to work together so we all are able to get Vox boxes cause I have yet to get one and i want to help my makeup lovers or anyone on this app 💕💞
Marissa G.
Medina, OH
Does the coloring look natural? If somebody didn't know better would it look as if you'd spent five times as much time in the sun? or is it clearly from a bottle?
leeza k.
winnipeg, manitoba
Which store could I find this at
Liz M.
Iowa City, IA
Does this work better than lemon juice or just the same?
Patricia P.
Chicago Ridge, IL
Did it dry out anyone's hair, into the frizzy