Sun Basket

• Customize with Paleo, Gluten–Free, and Vegetarian options

• Created by a top San Francisco chef and approved by our nutritionist

Certified Organic, Sustainably Sourced

• Ingredients are pre–measured – less hassle, less waste

• Skip the grocery store and enjoy the best seasonal ingredients

• Discover new products and flavors that are hard to find on your own

Convenient Delivery

• Weekly delivery to your door.

• Ingredients are shipped in an insulated box so they stay fresh

• Recyclable and reusable packaging materials

Hi all- I’ve been looking to try an organic diet based meal delivery service, the reviews for Sun Basket and Green Chef are light on here. Curious on who has tried them and which one would you prefer? Also what are some of the pros and cons. Thank you! [product:green-chef], [product:sun-basket] #mealdelivery #helpmechoose #organic
Start your review of Sun Basket!
How would you rate this product?
Amanda R.
Mill Creek, WA
Sun Basket uploaded by Amanda R.
I’ve been a Sun Basket customer for almost 5 years now. They have made lots of changes throughout the years in terms of design, numbers and types of recipes, but that’s expected for a company to grow and excel. This is the most expensive recipe delivery service I have been a customer of, but I take comfort in knowing all (mostly) of my ingredients are organic and of exceptional quality. The app is easy to navigate and it’s easy to skip weeks if you need. Customer service is usually pretty quick to respond within a day or two. Besides the recipes you choose each week, they have a “marketplace” full of items you can add to yiue order. The prices seem comparable to what you would pay at a high end grocery store. The only thing that’s a little irritating is paying $7.99 for shipping no matter how much you spend. I have been a customer of other recipe delivery services that have sustainable packaging, but shipping is free. Either way, I would recommend giving Sun Basket a try and I have a code for $40 off if you’d like to give it a try! Super easy to cancel as well. The below picture is one of my favorite recipes of theirs. Cheers! Sun Basket
Rachel  M.
Mountain Home, AR
Sun Basket uploaded by Rachel  M.
WOOHOO, My #everyplatemealkit came today and it is AWESOME!! Comes with EVERYTHING you need to make dinner for 2 or 4 ppl, I chose 2 to cook for my mamas diabetic husband while she is at work 3 days a week! I got 3 COMPLETE MEALS for 2 ppl for $21!!! LUS, used my #swagbucksdeals and got $45 back!!!! Want this deal? Go to my link in my bio, scroll to my SWAGBUCKS link, click and sign up, then type in everyplace on swagbucks and sign-up, swagbucks will give you $45 worth in swagbucks redeemable in paypal or giftcards!! Not to mention you couldn't buy this for $20 at the grocery store, plus it is delivered straight to your door!!
Lauren H.
Sun Basket uploaded by Lauren H.
Salmon burgers w/ fresh lemon & dill mayo and cucumber & red onion salad! All the ingredients came in my Sun basket box along with the recipe. This was so good and so easy to make!
Tara C.
Parkton, MD
Great for eating super healthy and all organic. It is pricier than most meal kits, but easy when you are trying to stick to a healthy, clean diet.
Melissa J.
Sunnyvale, CA
Great packaging, variety in recipes, and love the easy to follow along cookbooks. Each meal serves 2 people but I felt like it could be for 4 people at times depending on the dish ordered. I had tons of leftovers and couldn’t get through the meals quick enough in a week prior to receiving a new box.
Christopher L.
Las Vegas, NV
We started with three meals a week and two months in we're up to 6 meals a week. I love how's there's no food waste. We receive fresh ingredients for each meal, the exact amount needed. The meals allow us to try new vegetables and spices we normally wouldn't try, who knew rutabagas we're so good?! We've only ever had one issue where we were sent the wrong meat, and sun basket more than made up for the mistake. We used a different Fresh food service prior to this and encountered many issues, glad we switched.
J. F.
Grayslake, IL
I seriously expected better. I am particular about food safety and thought this was lackluster and not approached well for this topic. First Things first. There is not enough dry ice to keep the entire contents cold. I’m not worried about the produce, but I am worried about the fresh sauces, dips, meats, tofu, etc. secondly , the produce all comes in individual bags which is a huge waste of plastic - and the produce itself was so lackluster. Split carrots, green spotted potatoes, wilted cilantro, etc....... last thing I want to mention is the consistency. In the same box I received two bags of white rice for two separate recipes. One of them came in a nice perforated labeled sealed package...... and the other literally came in a ziplock...... the whole experience was weird , and I was so unimpressed we literally just used the ingredients for other things.
Kelsey S.
S Burlington, VT
Sometimes vegetables went bad but they were very good about giving credit on the next box. Stopped ordering because while it does save on grocery shopping time, the cooking is really meant for two people to be doing and got tiring after a while. Good sized portions
Destiny K.
Pineville, LA
Sun Basket uploaded by Destiny K.
Sun Basket makes my life so much easier! I don’t have to worry about what to cook for dinner, or make shopping lists or find recipes... I just chose the meals I want and everything is delivered. When I’m ready to cook I pull out the meat to thaw and everything (except staple things like olive oil which I already have anyway) is in a labeled bag. The recipes are really easy to make and a majority of the food is organic. You can choose from several dietary preferences/restrictions, and the meals are really good. It’s helping me branch out with food, and I’ve lost about 15 lbs since we started it around 2-3 months ago. Serving sizes are good, price is good, and i love that they are eco-conscious with mostly recyclable packaging. Highly recommend this company! #sunbasket #mealdelivery #dinner #organic #healthy
Catherine P.
Staff
Sun Basket uploaded by Catherine P.
I love this service. I used to order delivery a lot or end up making a quick and not so satisfying dinner after work. This helps me stay healthy and I get to try a bunch of recipes that I probably wouldn’t have thought of trying. Most meals are very tasty! I have only encountered a few average ones. I have also adjusted the cooking methods and have added additional ingredients from my pantry to make the meal more tasty! Sometimes the delivery date is late but that depends on weather in the area usually. Other than that, I would definitely recommend if you’re struggling to find these to cook/you’re usually tired after work. These recipes are mostly only 30 minutes to cook!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Dyanna R.
E Northport, NY
il y a 4 ans
Hi all- I’ve been looking to try an organic diet based meal delivery service, the reviews for Sun Basket and Green Chef are light on here. Curious on who has tried them and which one would you prefer? Also what are some of the pros and cons. Thank you! Green Chef, Sun Basket #mealdelivery #helpmechoose #organic
Lauren H. il y a 4 ans
I've tried them both. Green Chef was more expensive but the food was a bit fresher. Both had great meals, overall and the same ammount at different prices. Sun Basket was a big hassle to cancel while Green Chef had excellent customer service. Hope this helps you decide!