BY SUMMER INFANT

Summer Infant Baby Touch Digital Color Video Monitor
  • "Our first one started having a constant fuzzy sound after about a year of continuous use and then the night vision got pretty bad." in 10 reviews
Hayley A.
Richmond, VA
This thing is great. I've got two girls who are fresh from the crib and now are in their own beds... in the same room. Trying to get them to sleep has been extremely difficult. At one point, they got out of bed, climbed up the front of their dresser and managed to pull it down on themselves. That was it... time to get a monitor.

So, out comes the credit card and I get the best one. And, wow. Just... wow.

I stuck it up on the wall in their room in about 1 minute. Walked into the other room with the monitor, turned it on... that was it. 100% configured.

On the screen, I can control the camera, moving it up, down, left right, etc.. it is great. Even at night, there is night vision!

And that's not all. Here is the best part: Sound. The thing is so good, I can hear them breathing as they sleep if I turn it up. AND... it gets better. There is a speaker on it, so you can really get big-brother on them.

Here's an example: My younger daughter starts getting out of her bed to go mess with her sister. I catch it out of the corner of my eye while the monitor is sitting on the counter. I put the button, "Get back in your bed Marguerite!". Bam. She spins around and gets back in her bed.

That would normally have resulted in both of them getting up and playing around a bit before I even heard it and stormed down the hallway. Now, just a quick sentence and it's over without me getting up.

Moreover... they know it's there and immediately discovered that they no longer have to scream my name when they want something. They just say, "Daddy... are you there? Daddy... Can I go get a glass of water?" And I can calmly tell them OK without screaming myself.
Rebecca L.
Altadena , CA
This is a great camera/monitor. I've had one for 2 years and when my daughter was born we got an additional camera for her room. You can switch between cameras or put it on scan mode and it will switch back and forth every 8 seconds or so. It has decent night vision in black and white and color vision in daylight. The sound is very good as well and you can adjust it to however loud you need it. There is a bar on the side that visualizes if there is noise in the room incase you don't want the sound turned up. The range is excellent. I don't have a huge house, but I can walk all the way to the street and still get a signal. The only thing to note is that after awhile the monitors do poop out. Our first one started having a constant fuzzy sound after about a year of continuous use and then the night vision got pretty bad. If you get the additional warrenty at Toys R Us (I think it cost about $10) they will replace it within 12 months. So that's one way to solve the problem.
Not everybody needs a video monitor, but for me it turned out to be essential. Not just so I can watch my babies sleep, but because as they get older and start to do things like crawl out of their crib, or grab a cord that they didn't use to be able to reach, or during transitioning from a crib to a toddler bed and they fall out of bed, or throw a tantrum and start banging on things you can see what's going on and whether or not you need to go in and intervene or if you're better off just leaving the door shut.
I haven't tried any of the other video monitors, but I have been happy with this one. Very happy.
Adam H.
The Summer baby monitor worked great for the first week. I have had it about a year, and even more things are no longer working. The touch screen never allowed me to move the camera to the left, so if I moved the camera too far right then I was out of luck because I wouldn't be able to move the camera back to the left. I was never able to move the camera left. Now, while I'm looking at the video, the camera decides to randomly move upward. This wouldn't be a big deal, but the camera is really loud and wakes my baby up every time the camera randomly decides to look at the ceiling. I definitely wouldn't by this baby monitor again.
Kristyn S.
Hot Springs, AR
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Outstanding!! Has every feature you could need. I like being able to remotely adjust the camera from my room and also I like having the intercom option. Good picture quality even at night.
Amanda C.
San Antonio, TX
I baby'sit part-time during the week and the little girl I watch over has this.

You can keep your eye on the child the whole time. I love it. You can adjust the screen resolution to help you see more clearly. You are also able to adjust the camera lense position from the recorder your watching from without having to go into the child's room and worried that you will disturb them.

(We only use this when we put her down for a nap or in her moms case as well at night.)

It really is a life saver for all baby sitters and parents.

I am a mother myself but I never owned one of these only the monitors. I will definetely be getting one of these once I have a second child!

I highly recommend this! Two thumbs up from me!
Danielle F.
We purchased this monitor two years ago when my son started coughing overnight and stopping breathing a few times. It gave us the peace of mind, being able to hear him instead of running down the hall at every noise we heard. Now that he is 2 and his little brother is 9 months and they sleep in the same room, we have purchased an extra camera and have them on each of their beds to peek at them at night. I even dropped the monitor a few months ago, cracking the bottom of the screen and it is holding up at 2 years old with no signs of wearing out yet. Occasionally it has a hard time connecting to the second camera but after a minute or two it usually works.
Kara D.
Bristol, VT
We went through two monitors before we bought this one. The first toe broke within a month and were on the cheaper side. We finally agreed to buy this monitor which cost around $200 compared to the $50-$75 for the other ones. We thought the price was really high at first, but after a month it was well worth the cost. It has night vision, day vision, temperature of room built right in and full rotation (up/down/side to side ability). We've had it for nine months ow and use it every night. No regrets and would recommend to any new parents, just spend the extra money on a good monitor like this one over having troubles with other cheaper and poorly built monitors.
Summer S.
Melbourne, FL
We bought this monitor with our second child due to the ability to pan the camera around the room. The system has a decent night vision however, after 5 months the night vision went out. I must say this is NOT tyipcal of Summer Infant products as we own many (everyone thought it was funny to buy their products due to their name and mine, lol). One call to customer service and they had a shipping label on the way. I have sent off my broken unit and waiting on pins and needles for the replacement.
Ashlee B.
Long Grove , IA
This has been a great monitor for our family. We have the older black and white version, but still works great. The only complain that I have is the power button, when you are a new sleep deprived mom and your husband has set up all of the baby items, it is difficult to figure out that you have to hold the power button and allow the bar to go all the way across the screen. I also wish that there was a universal way to sync the monitor to your phone.
Christina R.
Powder Spgs, GA
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
I don't know what we would have done without this. We still use it to this day and our son is 2 1/2. The camera pans and up, down, left, and right and is in color in light and black & white at night. You can turn off the video and just have sound or watch the lights that go up with noise level. You can also mount to wall or keep on the dresser. Oh, and the monitor has a clip so you can put it on your waistband. A must buy!
Amanda M.
Is it worth it to go with the video monitor, or should I stick with the good old audio monitor?
Jenny N.
Can you have a camera set up in multiple rooms, or is it just one camera?
Tristyn B.
Cowarts, AL
What is the range on this monitor?
Jaimee G.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
How well does this product work I've been wanting to get one my lil one will be in her own room soon and I still want to be able to keep an eye on her