Summer Infant 5" Wide View Digital Rechargeable Color Video Baby

BY SUMMER INFANT #4 in Baby Monitors

Keep a watchful eye on your little one no matter where you are in the house with a summer infant 5" wide view digital rechargeable video baby monitor. This is a top item in our baby registry. It lets parents see more of their baby's room with its wide-angle lens camera. It has a portable 5" color flat-screen monitor with a 600-ft. Range. Plus, the summer infant video monitor has 2-way communication so that moms and dads soothe their baby back to sleep with the sounds of their voices or talk to each other if necessary. Comes with rechargeable batteries. . â . Visit our baby registry for more big ideas for little ones.... see more...

Summer Infant 5
Summer Infant 5" Wide View Digital Rechargeable Color Video Baby
Nikki P.
Lenexa, KS
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This monitor is the reason I sleep at night! There is nothing more comforting as a mom than being able to see your baby throughout the entire night. I love this monitor because it has a wide lens that is able to practically see the entire room (vs just inside the crib). Now that my 3 year old is out of his crib he tends to get up and walk around at times and I’m still able to see what is going on. I also love that it works as an intercom and I’m able to comfort him by letting him know I’m always here. Instead of me having to go in and wake him up on accident he is able to let me know over the monitor when he is awake. There is also a nightlight on the actual camera in his room and he will sometime ask me to turn it on which I can do from the monitor screen in my room. This monitor so convenient and was super easy to assemble. I definitely recommend this monitor.
Marissa W.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This monitor is great!! Originally we started off with a VERY expensive monitor (someone got it for us) and it was super advanced and high tech but we had issues with it the whole time and it ended up breaking after a year. We purchased this one based on the price and reviews, and have never had an issue!! Love it!! Sometimes, less is more
Rose C.
Pensacola , FL
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
I’ve had this baby monitor for almost 3 years now, so it’s definitely long lasting, clear view of baby. Unsure if i had boughten a faulty one or not but it does lose signal often and dies very quickly so constantly had to be charging.
Randi K.
Springfield, MO
We registered for this monitor after recommendations from other parents to get a Summer brand monitor. The first one we received had a broken screen, which we were able to exchange for a new one. The battery life on the monitor isn't great, but it's fine if you don't need to use it unplugged very often. The quality of the camera is also good but nothing incredible. The volume can be very loud, which I do like.
Yvette P.
Chula Vista, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
So this worked great for the first couple of months. I loved it. I am a panicky mother so this was a life saver. But it broke, for no reason. Just stopped working. Didn’t show the picture sometimes, or sounds. And it was not cheap to break for no reason. Maybe it was just bad luck for me.
Rebecca B.
Mountain Home, AR
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
We bought a 2 pack for both of our little ones and we love being able to see them. It has helped so much to be able to check in on them whether they are asleep or playing
Marisa L.
Cottage Grove, MN
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I would say this monitor is definitely worth the price! I couldn't imagine only using an audio monitor after using this monitor! It's so nice to both see and hear baby. A lot of people say if you can hear them then you don't need to see them but I disagree. There have been so many times I hear him cry but he's laying down and therefore going back to sleep. Or another time I hear a cry and his leg is stuck through the crib railing. I love this monitor and gave it 4 stars. I would have given 5 stars if the volume controls were slightly different. Although you can change the volume levels you can't manually do it. There have been times I would have liked it lower than even level 1 but couldn't. I also think the battery life when the monitor is unplugged is great!
Nathalie J.
Athens, GA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This is a great monitor. We have used it since we started putting our baby in her own room around 4 months of age. I love to be able to see her sleeping & not having to be worried if her face is down or if she got a blanket over her face. Like it has been said, the battery life isn't the best but it's not hard to move the charger over to a nearby outlet. Our daughter is now 14 months & we still use it! I would definitely recommend it.
Whitney H.
Kearney , NE
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I got this monitor on Black Friday for a great price at Target. I loved it for the first 6 months but noticed the battery life was awful when I'd unplug it so I constantly had it plugged in while in use. After the first year I couldn't even unplug the screen from the charger because it would shut off completely regardless of being fully charged or not. It's enough money I assumed it would last longer but not enough to be livid about.if you can get it for cheap do but don't spend full price!
Brittany P.
Freeburg, IL
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
I absolutely love the picture quality on this monitor.  I also love the fact that I can zoom and I watch my baby whenever I want to.  While those are all convenient, the battery life of the monitor is not.

The battery life leaves something to be desired.  The charging cable on ours broke within the first two weeks, the monitor only lasts a few hours, and when I walk out into the yard it doesn't seem like the monitor has very good range either.
Laura S.
Kennewick, WA
Is this monitor worth price? Good quality? Anybody have this and tell me from personal experience?
Destin'ee D.
Liverpool, NY
How long does a charge last?
Victoria K.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Anyone have one of these? Which is better a video monitor or a regular voice monitor? The price of $150 or the voice one for $30? 🤔
Brittany G.
Is this monitor worth the price?
Kendra A.
Saint Johns, AZ
My husband and I are getting ready to start a family. In the meantime we are taking our time and researching and reviewing reviews about various baby brands and products. What are some pros and cons about this specific type of baby monitor? Is it compatible with an iPhone and a Samsung?