Subaru

by Subaru

#19 in Car Makers

What is your favorite model and opinion on crosstrek
Do you enjoy   Subaru 's commercials?
How good are Subaru vehicles?
Start your review of Subaru!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“It gets great gas mileage (30 miles per gallon), but still drives great in the snow or tough weather conditions - I live in Buffalo, NY where it snows practically every day.” in reviews
“Local dealership is very professional, the all-wheel drive is phenomenal, the car is American made, and the price was very reasonable, especially considering the nice upgrades we feel are included in the standard type packages.” in reviews
“I owned a subaru while in college and it will be my next car as well (couldnt afford it when I bought my first car myself).” in reviews
“I get great gas mileage and it is a cool looking car and might I add that it has been top rated in safety features! ” in reviews
“Subaru not only makes the perfect sports car, but they are also great for family cars, road trips, or just your trip to work.” in reviews
Los Angeles, CA
I have been a Subaru owner for 5 years already and let me tell you, I'm never switching over. I love Subaru's ideals and vision. I stand firmly with the brand. My bf and I's first ever car was a 2015 WRX manual transmission, I definitely don't recommend this car for beginners (especially a manual). My bf needed to learn extensive training on how to drive a manual first before deciding that this was going to be our daily. Being young and into fast cars, this was the car that every young man loved and wanted to mod the crap out of. Getting a WRX with a stock base still performed really well for what you were getting. HP at 265-280 is still pretty good and don't be fooled bc it is a fast car. It can go from 0-60 in 3 seconds. The stock exhaust is still pretty loud when you start up the car, however, many WRX/STi owners know that if your car isn't loud enough to annoy your neighbors, you need it LOUDER. Lol. I definitely loved seeing my boyfriend transform the car into a loud, aggressive-looking, speed machine. When we first bought the WRX, we had our first daughter a couple weeks before. I know what you're thinking.. ya'll are crazy!! We know we are but over the course of owning this car for 3.5 years, our daughter grew up to love this car and loved Subaru's too. Now it's time to get to the nitty gritty, although we stood by this car for 3 years, there are still a lot of things you must know before making the decision to own or lease one. The WRX/STi isn't for the faint of heart. Whether you get a manual or automatic transmission, you'll only be looking at 20-25 mpg. This thing is a GAS GUZZLER. be ready to spend the highest quality of gas for this car and be prepared to spend lots of it. Not wallet friendly if you are going to daily this car. If you do choose a manual transmission, you might run into problems with your clutch. 2 years in and we already had to get a new clutch because our's kept slipping. Not sure if it was because of all the pulls we did in this car, but at any expense, it was worth it because going fast is super fun (but please don't drive recklessly and like an idiot. Don't risk your life or others!!) Lastly, this car is expensive to upkeep and maintain. Besides the monthly bill itself, if you decide on putting mods onto/into the car, it ain't cheap. WRX/STi parts are pricey if you want the best quality for your car. Exhausts, wheels, wings, access ports, tuning, lowering springs... just to name a few, are going to make your wallet cry but car enthusiasts would risk an arm and a leg to turn their car into the sickest thing you've ever seen. After our lease ended, we sadly had to part ways with our WRX and "upgraded" to a 2017 Subaru Outback. We needed something bigger and more capable of our needs since we as people always evolve and interests change. My bf and I's love for cars haven't changed, but our thrill for seeking adventure was at an all time high. We bought the Outback because we wanted to go on longer trips, start off-roading, go camping, which inevitably meant we needed more space and a car that was capable of doing it all. The Outback was an excellent choice and alot nicer to our wallets. Our daughter loves the Outback as well and enjoys bumpy rides going up trails. The outie has a lot of clearance which makes it going up trails and rocks at ease. We added an extra 2 inch lift for more clearance and that is going to get the job done even better. The outie also comes with different functioning capabilities when you decide to take it for a spin on the dirt trails. With a push of a button (literally), the outie automatically brakes for you when going down a steep trail to ensure you don't slip or trail down so fast. The outie also has something called 'eyesight' just in case you come into close proximity with other objects or cars around you which then start signaling you to break or stop. If you get too close to another car, the outie automatically will hard break for you. It's great for preventing accidents just in case you ever run into one. So far we've had the outback for a year and we love it so much already just as much as we loved the WRX. We do miss our WRX but I know that sometime in the future my bf and I will get an STi once we've finished having kids. Subaru is a brand that we will forever support and stand by for generations to come. We can't wait to pass on our outback to our kids!
Maple Heights, OH
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Subaru uploaded by Laura R.
Subaru uploaded by Laura R.
Why does subaru have my vote? Because for the better part of 20 years i have had one. And for that better part, roughly 15 years, i have been saved by my.cars. i currently own 2, and have had 3. These cars are nothing short of amazing. I havqe been hit in one before, and walked away unscathed. There is no car on the market that can compare to the safety features Subaru offers. This is the main reason i will continue to purchase Subaru vehicles. Furthermore, i am big into performance, racing, and showing cars. The strong heritage these cars is a major appeal for me, and for others like me. Subaru knows this, and actually works with their enthusiast community. Love really is what makes a subaru a subaru. The love the company gives as a whole, be it their enthusiasts, their family people, animal lovers, or the communities their dealerships are in is well beyond what ANY car manufacturer gives, and as a customer, you end up feeling appreciated. To those thinking about a purchase, i will say you are not just buying a car, you are giving back to the community, and joining a family. Subaru Subaru Impreza
Seattle , WA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I love my Subie! I'm on my 2nd Subaru and currently have a 2016 crosstrek in limited edition red. My first one was a 2012 Impreza that saved my life when a minivan pulled out in front of me. My Impreza was totaled, but I walked away in once piece. After the wreck, I wanted something a bit bigger and drove a 4runner for about 6 months before buying another Subie because I missed AWD and everything I love about Subaru. I bought the Crosstrek since it's like the Impreza only it sits higher and gives me more ground clearance. I feel so safe in my car and can drive in the rain or snow without having to worry about slipping! I will own Subaru for the rest of my life.
Chesapeake, VA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have the 6-cyl legacy sedan and love, love, LOVE it.  One of these best handling on the road.  All I've done to it in 6 years is change the oil, the filters, and put gas in it.  What more could you ever want from a car.  I get it cleaned every 2 mos. and people don't believe it's 6 years old.  Okay, so I don't eat in it, but I've put close to 200K miles on it.  Superb handling, not much in the way of luxurieas, but it 'is' a car.
Mayfield
I own a 2016 subaru crosstrek, base standard model. While the acceleration does lack pep, I do enjoy my car. Gas mileage is pretty exceptional, considering it is a bit larger than a car. Sticker price is a bit high for some, that's why I opted for the standard edition. While it doesnt have all the bells and whistles, for my first brand new car, I was happy with the back up cam and cruise control. Good value and holds its value
Butler, NJ
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have been loving my new Subaru! It does great with gas mileage, is AWD all the time, and it has a smooth ride. The safety features offered standard were the biggest draw for me to the brand when initially looking for a car to purchase. The also gave us a $250 coupon to use at the dealership service center for the first year when my husband called the manufacturer to see about incentives. Great, reliable brand overall!
Saint George, UT
Never owned a Subaru, so I can't rightfully give 5 stars. I've test drove a few and prefer them anytime I rent vehicles. I really do love them! It's my next car choice as soon as my budget is friendly enough for it. I would feel comfortable with both my kids in the car and the Utah snow wouldn't be as intimidating as it is now;) I confidently say I'm a truck girl, and hands down would rather put my kids in a Subaru.
Carson City, NV
I have a Subaru Crosstrek XV. It isnt listed in the app. But so far I love this vehicle. Only con is the seats in my model arent the best, not too comfy or high quality. I can already see where they will tear. But over all its good on gas, it has enough room for my family and it's pretty decent at off roading. Will be better when I get bigger tires. I love my car though.
Lakewood, OH
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I love my 2018 Subaru Crosstrek. It is the perfect mini SUV size that I was looking for, and I got a great deal on it. I bought it new with the eye-sight technology and will not be going back to a vehicle without it. I love the amount that I get per gallon, and the all wheel drive makes me feel safe in the snow. I would definitely recommend suburus to anyone who asks.
Placerville CA
Subaru is a really good car company they last and dealership service is great much better than than ford. I've been driving my grandmother's for a couple of years now since I've been staying with her and I've about saved up to get one of my own I used to own a ford but they're expensive to keep up on and the service at the dealership near me sucks.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...