BY SUAVE #33 in Hair Mousse

Salon-proven to define curls as well as Sebastian® Whipped Crème®

Our alcohol-free mousse, with anti-frizz complex, helps define and hold natural curl patterns. The whipped cream texture combines light conditioners and control so that curls are touchable, not crunchy.

Directions: Shake can well and turn upside down. Dispense into and rub between palms. Squeeze the mousse into wet hair. Gently blot excess water out of hair with a squeezing motion and thin towel. This helps work in the mousse for even curl formation. Blow dry with a diffuser on low setting. Tilt head from side to side, allowing heat to flow from ends into root. For shoulder-length curls, use 1-2 golf-ball-sized amounts. Use more for longer, thick textured hair. Use less for shorter fine textured hair.

• I normally use Deva Curl gel. How does this compare with curl hol...4 Answers
  • Any tips on how to use this? I've been playing around with it for...3 Answers
  • I have a new, short bob. My hair (when long) is very wavy. I thou...1 Answers
Buy on Harmon ...*
  • "I have THICK and very curly hair and this mousse is the ONLY one that will hold my hair and leave my feeling beautiful and confident!" in 4 reviews
  • "I have naturally curly hair and this is by far the best mousse I have found for it." in 2 reviews
  • "I have long naturally curly hair, and this mousse is great!" in 1 review
  • "I do like this product and it works really well but after couple of weeks it seems to get really sticky and I just stopped using it because it's way too oily for my hair maybe that's just my hair but it just wasn't my favorite" in 1 review
  • "For the price your paying its a great product that doesn't make your hair feel or look crunchy or oily like other products I have use." in 1 review
Sydney W.
Austin
This product works really well for me.  My hair is long, very thick, and has a curly/wavy texture. After washing my hair, I work in a bit of this product, comb my hair, use my fingers to scrunch up my hair a bit, blow dry just a little, then let it air dry the rest of the way. This results in my hair having a nice curl yet still soft to the touch. For about $3 a bottle, this stuff is a great buy.
Emily T.
After trying many curly hair products (especially more expensive ones) this actually is one of my absolute favorite curly hair products! My mom and I have different types of curls and it works great for both of us. I have long, fine, high density, high porosity hair and this mousse honestly holds my curls longer and better than every other product I've used. I typically add a leave in moisturizer before my defining product, but with this mousse I can actually get away with just using this. Every time I take a break from it and come back to it I wonder why I didn't buy a new bottle sooner!
Lizette R.
Dearborn, MI
I love how this product makes your hair look but I didn’t rate it a five start because it leaves your hair feel hard but other than that it’s a good product it also smells good too, I would recommend this products
Maddie P.
Margaret
This is a great mousse for people with curly hair. It really holds your curls in place and tames frizz. It has a very nice solemn scent ,but it is a little bit more creamy that what I prefer.
Shamiza D.
Briarwood , NY
I love this suave professional captivating curls whipped cream mousse. It really does look like whipped cream, its not foamy like other mousse I have used in the past. It is also very hydrating. The moment I put it in my hair my hair feel nice and soft. It worked great in my hair.
Amiraya M.
Milwaukee, WI
It works well to keep some hairs in place, but not all and sometimes it doesn't really help with anything. Also it leaves your hair very like frozen and it doesn't have a nice look
Ellen E.
I received this product in my most recent box from Influenster. I was happy to get a full size bottle for free to test because I am very iffy about buying products for my hair because I have SO MUCH OF IT. I have very long, curly, thick, coarse hair. I am happy to say that this product passed the test. It definitely helped tame the frizz--which I have all the time and it did define my curls. I think that it smells good, which is a plus. The one thing I didn't like was the texture. It literally feels like you are putting whipped cream in your hair. Which, I didn't particularly like, at first. The end result was worth it though. I sleep on my hair wet so I didn't fully follow the instructions about using a diffuser to dry it so mine was a little bit (and I mean barely) "crunchy" when I woke up in the morning. But, that was easily fixed with the swipe of a brush over the "crunchy" parts only. Overall, I will continue to use this and will possibly but it again.
Gabriele V.
Tewksbury, MA
This mousse is definitely different than others on the market. I received a full size sample of this mousse courtesy of Influenster for testing purposes in exchange for my honest review. I have very thick, curly, unmanageable hair. The texture of this mouse isn't thin and sticky like most, it's thick like a serum which is really great. You can feel it working into your hair and it doesn't have the alcohol scent or drying effect. It aided my curls to be bouncy on their own versus weighing them down or causing too much frizz. However, the second day, my hair went completely flat and felt full of product. It was back to unmanageable and needed to be washed again. I like to wash my hair every 2-3 days, so this is not something I would use when I want a lasting curl.
Jo W.
Philadelphia, PA
I received this product for free in my Vox box, but all opinions are my own. I'm not sure what the price point is, but I'd imagine it's pretty affordable and works well enough. It did do a decent job of defining my curls, and I liked that it had a light scent. However, I didn't like the tip that comes out like whipped cream/frosting. It makes it messier than necessary. While it didn't make my hair 'crunchy' per se, it did feel a bit stiffer than usual and very waxy. Overtime, I feel like this would create a lot of product buildup in your hair. So in summary, not bad for the price, but definitely not a holy grail product for me. I would probably not repurchase. For reference, I'm half black/half Korean with mostly 3B curly hair.
Carina B.
Knoxville, TN
This product it not your typical mousse. Most mousse products are very foamy and evaporate before you have a chance to put it in your hair. This mousse is thick and creamy kinda the same consistency as ReddiWhip (but don't eat it lol). I've been using it in my 7 month old son hair. His hair is very curly and tends to frizz up after it dries. I use it when his hair is damp (about a ping pong ball sized amount) and it makes his curls really pop and not frizz up after it air dries!
Ashley B.
Swedesboro, NJ
Does this product dry anyone else's hair out?
The-Exercist E.
Did the formula for this mousse recently change? I've always loved this product because it's so dense and thick. But the bottle I recently bought is instead pretty lightweight and seems to melt as soon as it touches my hair. This isn't at all working the way that it used to. Anyone else notice a change, or did I just purchase a bad bottle?
Jennifer J.
Tucson, AZ
I find that after a while the tip can get pretty clogged on this product. Any suggestions on how to prevent that?
Lisa G.
I normally use Deva Curl gel. How does this compare with curl hold and no frizz throughout the day?
Cheyenne B.
Any tips on how to use this? I've been playing around with it for a while and I'm just not liking it or I'm not a fan of mousse. I have thinner hair and it end up feeling funky.