Suave Basics Extra Hold Shaping Hair Gel - 9 Oz uploaded by Shelley D.

BY SUAVE #52 in Hair Gel

Hollie S.
Phenix City
I use this when my hair is wet, and then I blow dry it. I style it by either straightening it or curling it. The gel really holds the curls, or keeps my hair from frizzing
Elizabeth C.
Bronx, NY
A great basic gel that’s affordable and works great! I dont need nothing too fancy for gel so this works great for me when i need to slick back my hair for a style
Desiree V.
Antioch, CA
Ugh I need gel for my hair when I don’t feel like doing it and need a quick up do, but this gel is so disappointing it holds your hair and leaves it hard BUT ! It flakes in a matter of minutes at the end of the day I’m embarrassed To go anywhere without washing it out!
Amy N.
Falmouth, KY
I have straight hair that is thick and coarse. Because of the length of my hair, the weight pulls it down so it tends to be flat on top. I also have several unruly hairs that have decided they want to be curly.

Suave Basics Extra Hold Shaping Gel is my go to gel to correct these problems. A bit of gel on my roots and after blow drying I have the volume I want. While wet, I smooth a little gel on the rest of my hair including the ends and all of those unruly hairs are tamed after blow drying and straightening.

I have tried going without the gel just to see if I can get the same results with no styling products. My hair comes out flat, unruly hairs stick out everywhere and my ends look damaged even after a fresh haircut. I have found that I can't use too much of the product or it will weigh my hair down and makes it very stiff. After trial and error, I have found the perfect amount to use for my hair.

This gel is also good for curly hair. For many years I had long permed hair. I could wash, add gel and let air dry for perfect curls.

I would highly recommend this product to anyone needing a little extra help with their style whether your hair is straight or curly. Just remember, a little goes a long way with this product.
Alysia M.
Wdm, IA
My go to gel! I’ve tried everything it seems and nothing compares to suave gel. It’s not sticky and doesn’t make my hair crunchy. Very affordable and doesn’t take much so it lasts for a long time, even with daily use!
Cindy S.
Muncie, IN
I love this brand it's my favorite go to and must have. I am pleased with the price and the quality of the product. This is a must have in every one's hair Arsenal. Well worth the price you get your money's worth that is for sure. It makes me a happy girl
Carol W.
Mitchell, IN
My usual brand was missing from the shelf at the store and I was TOTALLY out of my usual at home. I ended up looking around the shelves for a suitable substitute and noticed Suave Basics Extra Hold Shaping Hair Gel. Well, I'm heading out of town on vacation, and refuse to 'mess' with my hair while I'm traveling, so I wanted something I could just comb through and let the curls fall where they may!
I grabbed a tube and hoped for the best.

Long story short - LOVED IT!

It allowed my hair to do its own thing, but gave me no-frizz control and hold. I finger combed my hair and let it air dry, and had wonderful results.

My new 'usual' is Suave!
Samantha B.
Phelan, CA
I love this gel! I have tried every high priced gel on the market and none compare to this one! Usually I have to spray hairspray on every curl I roll with my curling iron to get my hair to look full but with this gel I don't even need hairspray!! I put a dime size amount on my wet hair and blow dry then style with my curling iron and my hair is better than ever! It feels like I have twice as much hair and the curl lasts forever! My hair feels very soft...not stiff at all but stays very full and actually it looks even shinier! I highly recommend this gel!
Cierra L.
Greenville, SC
I would recommend this product to someone who has frizzy edges. This product helped maintain my edges when the weather was windy, rainy, and humid. I can honestly say 80% of the time this product gave me edge control. I rated this product 4 stars because when it was very humid outside my edges with become hard to manage even when I was using this product. Overall this product was a total lifesaver.
Gloria V.
los angeles, CA
It's really rare for me to like a gel so much. I have tried so many and they either left my hair greasy or really hard and unflattering. This one however really does what i want. It keeps my hair in place, gives it a nice shine and at the end of the night I can still run my fingers through my hair. The next morning my hair still feels clean.