BY STUMBLEUPON #40 in Websites

• What do you use stumbleupon for? for example I use it to find onl...12 Answers
StumbleUpon
  • "I think it was a fun and great site circa 2009...but nowadays it's just...just use reddit, or google what you're trying to find. " in 5 reviews
Nicole C.
Manassas, VA
I used to love this website! The app is also very user friendly. It’s a good way to explore your interests and keep up to date with new things. I could spend my whole lunch break flipping through the app and getting inspired
Stephanie S.
Pop Culture Expert
I stumbled upon StumbleUpon in a previous job that had some down time between projects. It proved to be great fun. I never used it to search anything in particular, simply input my interest categories and then meet it take its course. Fun for random information, and mining the Web for sites and articles you might not come across otherwise. My favorite categories were art, photography, literature, religion and psychology. I eventually began to favorite some sites with plans to return to them, but truly haven't done much as far as return visits to the sites. They go much like the bookmarks do in my web browser, best of intentions but never to be looked into again.
All in all, fun site, but wouldn't use it for specific searching. There's easier options for those types of searches.
Kels R.
El Centro, CA
this sure is a blast from the past, i used to spend hours on this site until i realized there were about 30 sites on the rotation and hardly ever broke out of those sites. I give it a 3 for memory and weird Sophomore year nostalgia. its a fun site to stumble through if you've never done so but dont expect to have anything new after a few go arounds.
Alyssa C.
Mount AirY, MD
Pop Culture Expert
This used to be great to find new sites, now I have to select categories so I don't see old things I know about and get to what I am really looking for. I share my youtube videos on here so I can get more views and branch out to new viewers. I think it is great to share things, I didn't know it still had a following but obviously it does. This is a great platform if you are looking to branch out a business or social media account!
Olivia S.
This website is a lot of fun, because you will find completely new information. I regularly use it when I want to find something new that I am amazed it even exists.
Cori D.
Greentown, PA
Stumbleupon is pretty neat. I've discovered a lot interesting websites and articles. As a breastfeeding mom, some days I spend a lot of time on my tablet and Stumbleupon is a great way to kill time. I really like how it's customized to your interests.
ruel g.
Grand Island, NE
It proved to be great fun. I never used it to search anything in
particular, simply input my interest categories and then meet it take
its course. Fun for random information, and mining the Web for sites
and articles you might not come across otherwise. My favorite
categories were art, photography, literature, religion and psychology.
I eventually began to favorite some sites with plans to return to
them, but truly haven't done much as far as return visits to the sites.
They go much like the bookmarks do in my web browser, best of
intentions but never to be looked into again.
Miranda H.
Spokane Vly, WA
The site is alright to kill some time, but I find it gets really repetitive after like ten minutes unless I'm looking for things in one specific category. The concept is great and it's useful in finding new content, but nowadays there are so many other channels to entertain on the internet that the competition is fierce.
Tabatha F.
Stuart, VA
This is great for when you are bored and want to find some new things that are interesting. You can come across articles, websites, games, quizzes and basically anything. You pick things that are interesting to you, and Stumble Upon find things. This is perfect for when you are in the bathroom.
Layne S.
It's fun for a few weeks. For people that haven't tried it, I recommend it just to get a taste of the depth of the internet. However, it wasn't something I consistency could participate in. I starter to wonder what else I could do with the time I was using rather than reading about things I'd never actually act upon (vs learning in a way that would better me in the long run).
Catelynn H.
winnipeg, manitoba
What do you use stumbleupon for? for example I use it to find online games, new drinks and recipes, but i also just stumble everything when i am bored