by Studio Ghibli Films
Ask a Question
Anthony F.
Anthony F.
Dublin, CA

Is anyone concerned with Studio Ghibli moving forward after Miyazaki's retirement? I know he's left it in good hands, but tastes and styles will obviously changed, I doubt it could possibly be for the better, so the only way to go is down, no?
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
July 18, 2016, 2:12 p.m.
I honestly am. He was truly amazing and everyone's views are different so I'm sure things will never be the same. Their main artist just recently passed away as well ): She will be greatly missed - she was extremely talented.
Abby P.
Abby P.
July 16, 2016, 9:23 p.m.
So sad :((
Melinda S.
Melinda S.
July 14, 2016, 1:28 a.m.
It will never be the same without him. Its like Apple without Steve Jobs...
Heather G.
Heather G.
July 15, 2014, 8:48 p.m.
Good news... He decided to not retire! *happy dance*
Tyler R.
Tyler R.
Dec. 12, 2013, 3:39 p.m.
Plain and simple the only way Miyazaki will leave Studio Ghibli is if he dies. Miyazaki's touch is pretty much on every film that Ghibli produces regardless of whether or not he is in the director's chair. If anything I think Miyazaki has been there far too long and it's time to let a younger generation show off their skills and let them begin to show off their own creations. I love Miyazaki and his works to death BUT I think the air at Studio Ghibli would be stifling for a young up and coming director.
Stacy F.
Stacy F.
Sept. 25, 2013, 12:38 p.m.
I am concerned as well. Look at the change in Disney; from classics like Snow White and Sleeping Beauty to everything having a sequel and being computer generated.. Part of what I love about Studio Ghibli is the beautiful artistry and that it isn't CG. I love seeing the talent of people, not computers. I'm hoping that the intense storylines and artistry won't be forgotten after Miyazaki's departure.
Isabella C.
Isabella C.
April 5, 2013, 11:59 p.m.
I'm sure Studio Ghilbi will be fine, younger generations learned a whole lot from Miyazaki and will not let the Ghibli name down in the very least.
Mayanna W.
Mayanna W.
March 18, 2013, 8:06 a.m.
I feel the same way. I was concerned, and I'm not totally in love with the last film that came out, but it was still the classic, and creative Miyazaki style. Have you played the game that came out yet? It's a masterpiece! The touch will not be lost quickly, if anytime, i think many years from now, the style will change. Don't worry! Just enjoy!!
Celia S.
Celia S.
March 3, 2013, 5:51 a.m.
He never left.
Caro H.
Caro H.
Jan. 7, 2013, 7:25 p.m.
We have to remember that not everything from Ghibli has been from Miyazaki (although I do, hands down, acknowledge him as the master supreme). Grave of the Fireflies is a fantastic example. If it goes Grave of the Fireflies direction, we're golden. If it goes Tales of Earthsea direction... well, it was a good run. I'm excited but nervous.

Join Now