Studio Ghibli Films
By Studio Ghibli Films
#26 in Movies
Anthony F.
Dublin, CA

Is anyone concerned with Studio Ghibli moving forward after Miyazaki's retirement? I know he's left it in good hands, but tastes and styles will obviously changed, I doubt it could possibly be for the better, so the only way to go is down, no?

Prima S.
Prima S.
10 months, 2 weeks ago
I feel like things have really slowed down after he retired.
Sonali H.
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
Pooler, GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I honestly am. He was truly amazing and everyone's views are different so I'm sure things will never be the same. Their main artist just recently passed away as well ): She will be greatly missed - she was extremely talented.
Abby P.
Abby P.
Jeffersonvlle, IN
So sad :((
Melinda S.
Melinda S.
National City, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
It will never be the same without him. Its like Apple without Steve Jobs...
Heather G.
Tyler R.
Tyler R.
Loganville, GA
4 years ago
Plain and simple the only way Miyazaki will leave Studio Ghibli is if he dies. Miyazaki's touch is pretty much on every film that Ghibli produces regardless of whether or not he is in the director's chair. If anything I think Miyazaki has been there far too long and it's time to let a younger generation show off their skills and let them begin to show off their own creations. I love Miyazaki and his works to death BUT I think the air at Studio Ghibli would be stifling for a young up and coming director.
Stacy F.
Stacy F.
Falmouth, KY
4 years, 2 months ago
I am concerned as well. Look at the change in Disney; from classics like Snow White and Sleeping Beauty to everything having a sequel and being computer generated.. Part of what I love about Studio Ghibli is the beautiful artistry and that it isn't CG. I love seeing the talent of people, not computers. I'm hoping that the intense storylines and artistry won't be forgotten after Miyazaki's departure.