BY STUDIO GHIBLI FILMS #60 in Movies

Studio Ghibli Films
  • "When I got older I looked up more of Hayao Miyazaki's films and watched Spirited Away, Howls Moving Castle, + My Neighbor Totoro." in 111 reviews
  • "Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howls Moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service, Ponyo, My Neighbour Totoro, and The Secret World of Arietty, to name some of my favourites are all amazing pieces of work." in 81 reviews
  • "From Kiki's delivery service, to My neighbor Totoro, even Spirited away , and many more of course, a brilliant masterpiece, every single one of them!" in 54 reviews
  • "Creatively wise my favorite would be Howl's moving castle and Spirit away but Kiki's delivery service is definitely up there in my favorites." in 49 reviews
  • "I live their films they always have great story lines like princess Mononoke and much others and would definitely recommend watching movies from these guys" in 20 reviews
April J.
Las Vegas, NV
If only more people have seen these movies, I bet this would've been at number one. All of the movies by Studio Ghibli have so much replay value. Every time you think you might have noticed all the little details in these works, you end up pleasantly surprised again. These movies are truly masterpieces.
Cristina R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
amazing! exceptional. super entertaining and the film are very unique in its own way. my favorite film is spirited away. i love the others aswell but i love love spirited away. every time a came across a film that i would say "hmmm this film seems like its from ghibli" i am never wrong nor disapointed.
Britan D.
A fantastic studio. Their works are the most famous in anime with very good reason. If someone is convinced that all anime is either Pokemon or mindless sex and violence, there are several Studio Ghibli films which can show them otherwise. My personal favorites are My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, Ponyo, and Princess Mononoke...I've still got a good amount to watch though.
Liv C.
Statesboro, GA
These have such a range of emotions related to them oh my gosh. Kiki's Delivery Service is so ingrained in my life, that my cats are named Kiki (the main character) and Jiji (her cat). The movies themselves are stunning, and the plot is so different than you experience in American made films. Ghibli films are, in my opinion, a magical experience. Even if you end up not liking the stories, you can easily appreciate the artwork and passion seen in the films.
Alexia S.
Nothing fills me with more joy than watching a Studio Ghibli film. My very first movie was Kiki's Delivery Service, followed by My Neighbor Totoro! I still adore Ghibli now and am very influenced by the company in terms of my art and daily life.
Kym B.
Athol, MA
Disney is brilliant and is a world-loved favorite... but they will never even come close to Studio Ghibli.
Studio Ghibli thinks of every little detail under the sun and then some. I have never seen movies with so much attention to detail and love put into them. I remember watching my first Studio Ghibli film as a child, it was Spirited Away. My aunt brought it over rented from the library and I cried when she had to return it because I wanted to watch it over and over again.

Now, as an adult, I own nearly all of the Studio Ghibli films on Blu-Ray and treat them as my prized possessions. These films are simply magical and fun. You feel like a child while watching them, but you truly appreciate them as an adult because of the detail. They sincerely are good for all ages. I almost think they're better for adults because they have such deep-meanings. But they're fun enough to not bore a child.
Diane N.
Seattle, WA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Hayao Miyazaki has a way of capturing his audience's attention as well as engaging it in a beautiful and seamless way. The first Studio Ghibli film I saw was Kiki's Delivery Service about a pure hearted little witch. My favorite though has to be Spirited Away. Chihiro's naive little heart grows up in the most fascinating way with help that piques the imagination. I find myself rewatching Haku rescuing her over and over! I've also seen Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, Ponyo (with Disney), and The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness. These films attract audiences of all ages and teach valuable life lessons without the inappropriate content that still has subtle and more adult jokes. Films for the whole family!!
Sherilynn M.
San Francisco, CA
Omg. Who DOESN'T love Studio Ghibli?! You have to be a crazy person (or just someone with zero taste) if you don't appreciate how amazing the writing + direction + art is. Some people I can understand wouldn't like these films because they aren't into animation, but c'mon! Studio Ghibli is the KING of animation. If you aren't into cartoons, know that this is NOT a cartoon studio, but more of a MOVIE studio that turns amazing scripts into reality in ways that studio effects cannot. It captures my heart and makes me cry in the same way Pixar films do. Thank you for your magic, Ghibli!
Amber P.
The first time I saw a Studio Ghibli film was Ponyo!
I love that movie and I plan on buying it again!
After watching Ponyo it inspired me to watch other Studio Ghibli Films! Like Nausicaa and Princess Mononoke!
These films are incredibly creative! The art work is very creative and the stories pull you in! They are inspirational and inspire me to create more artwork! I highly recommend these movies and other Studio Ghibli Films!
Riley W.
Fort Worth, TX
Every Ghibli film is chalk full of fantasy, wonder, beauty and truly mesmerizing and captivating tales that leave you thinking and breathless by the end of them. Miyazaki is no doubt a genius, and every Ghibli film I've watched, I've loved. Some of my favorites are Spirited Away and Grave of the Fireflies, Ponyo is amazing, too. Totoro is, of course, a classic -- all of the Ghibli films are worth watching and you can find something wonderful in each and every one. They're truly films for everyone, and without a doubt, some of the most artistically mindblowing things I've ever had the pleasure of watching.
Mickensie B.
Burnsville , MN
Which film is your favorite?
Jasmond W.
Arlington, TX
Which movie have you watched over and over?
Emily M.
Plainville, MA
Is Princess Mononoke a Ghibli film?
S Lisseth C.
Guatemala
What movie can not stop seeing more than once?
Laura H.