BY STRIDEX #8 in Acne Treatments

Stridex Maximum Pads have the highest level of acne-fighting medicine allowed (2% salicylic acid) without a prescription, and are recommended for cases of moderate acne. Maximum Pads contain effective skin cleansers that work to remove dirt, oil, sweat and other impurities from the surface of the skin, penetrate to unclog pores, and dissolve deep down oil. They even remove impurities that soaps and face washes leave behind…just look at the pad for proof. They also help prevent new pimples from forming. Each pad is specially textured for great cleansing with a great feel whether you want scrubbing or smooth, soft application.

All Stridex pad formulas are completely alcohol-free, so you get proven acne-fighting effectiveness without the skin-irritating burn. The drying, irritating effects of alcohol on skin are well understood…years ago Stridex determined that alcohol was unnecessary in its pad formulations. Typical acne pads can contain 25-40% alcohol…the resulting redness and irritation can be a bigger nuisance than the problem you are trying to solve.

Use after washing your face in the morning or during the day for a quick clean-up.

• I heard this really works, I'm afraid it'll be to harsh since it's ...3 Answers
  • Do these NOT work for anyone? I've read SOOOO many good reviews for...1 Answers
  • How well does this work to clear up acne and does it get rid of ble...3 Answers
Stridex Maximum Pads
  • "I personally use the Stridex pads with the red box- I apply on face and back every night and see results by the next morning." in 5 reviews
Shanda R.
Shanda R.
Brooklyn, NY
Before learning about chemical exfoliants and the different types of acids, I had extremely large pores on my cheeks and nose and excessive sebaceous filaments on my chin. Admittedly I was scared since I have sensitive skin from childhood eczema, but one of my favorite youtubers explained how they worked and demonstrated how to use them. I couldn't afford the high end stuff so I searched for a drug store option that had the maximum amount of Salicylic Acid. I noticed a difference within the first 2 treatments of using these Stridex pads that involved a clay mask and jojoba oil. The treatment deep cleaned my pores enough that I could just use these pads nightly on its own followed by a AHA moisturizer, Pond's Rejuveness.

It's been 4 months since I started this regimen and my pores has reduced 75% in size, they are no longer the first thing I see when looking in the mirror, and the sebaceous filaments disappeared! On top this, my skin hasn't been this bright or even-toned since my 20s!
Jordyn G.
Jordyn G.
Harrisburg, Pa
I first just want to clarify that I use the SENSITIVE acne wipes (in the green jar). These are really great. For reference, I have oily skin and I have blackheads, but not a lot of acne. Before using these, my skincare routine was really bad. I would hardly every wash my face, but I decided to start using these to clean out my pores and hopefully make them smaller.
I started off gradually using these once a day. And let me just say, my face broke out and it burned the first couple times I used it. I was like what the heck this is making my skin worse! But then I researched and this was just because I wasn't using anything and for skin to get better it has to get worse (purging).
Anyways, it's been a couple of months and I use these twice a day. Now it tingles, but my skin got used to it and it cleared up. Also, I would recommend using a light moisturizer after this dries, or else your skin might get super dry the next day.
Michelle S.
Michelle S.
I also use the sensitive acne pads (green packaging). I use these twice a day: once when i go to bed, and once when I wake up. After I remove my makeup with a wipe, I use a pad to remove the excess oil and makeup left over. Once I wakeup and before applying makeup, I use a pad to remove excess oils on my face. (Note: I have an oily T-zone) I started using these after a friend of mine recommended them after using the red package for years. This doesn't dry out your skin, it just removes the excess oils on your face. I've also noticed that I can use these under my eyes and bring it up to my lower lash line and it doesn't burn my eyes. (but the red package burns my face and eyes) You can find these at drug stores and Wal-Mart. I will ocntinue to purchase these for years to come, since they're so effective and so inexpensive. (less than $5 for their big package)
Nick B.
Nick B.
La Salle, IL
Let's be honest, there are a lot...A LOT of acne control medicines/products out there. But without a doubt, this is the fastest acting, best stuff that doesn't require a prescription. Albeit, it's a little harsher on the skin than some of them AT FIRST, it rounds off to be a pretty solid and comfortable product. I use this in conjunction with my prescribed topical stuff and it dries out my skin quite a bit, but couple it with some moisturizer and there's no looking back. What better way to market a product than by showing it in action, eh?
Sarah G.
Sarah G.
This is the best product to control my acne and improve my skin that I have found as of yet! I stumbled across this at my sisters house and was amazed at the results every night. It refreshes your skin while also leaving it bright and firm. I use it morning and night after I have washed my face and then I do use a moisturizer after I use this product bc it does tend to dry out my sin. I had clearer skin, as well as less oily skin after use of this product and bc of the improvement I saw I am now a huge fan!
Sarah H.
Sarah H.
These are some of the best inexpensive BHA wipes on the market. They're PH balanced so that the active ingredient can really clean your pores and exfoliate your skin without irritating it. When I get lazy in my skin care routine and stop using these for a week or two, it shows. These are what keep me from getting any pimples in my trouble spots, and what gets rid of them quickly if one does happen to pop up. This is one of my top 3 favorite skin care products of all time.
Nushrat A.
Nushrat A.
Brooklyn, NY
This is a good product for acne-prone skin because it helps to bring the acne to the surface and get rid of it sooner. This does dry out your skin so you really need to moisture afterwards with a hydrating cream. I would not recommend this to sensitive or dry skin because the percentage of salicylic acid is high and can irritate your skin. I think this works best for oily skin. Beware the initial purge. It will take at least 2-4 weeks to see changes.
Hanna S.
Hanna S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I had never heard of this product but tried it upon recommendation when I had tried almost everything else to no avail. This helped almost immediately. While it can dry out your skin if you aren't careful, this works great right before you go to bed. Make sure you've cleaned your skin first if you really want to see results since this seems like more of a treatment than a cleanser to me. Definitely worth purchasing if you have troublesome skin.
Alyssa S.
Alyssa S.
El Paso , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I prefer the Stridex with aloe for sensitive skin (green jar) and ever since I have been using them, I have noticed a HUGE difference in my skin! So clean & moisturized! I could tell that it even brightened my complexion which is a plus. By adding this to my night & day regimen, my skin has changed for the better and I always keep repurchasing because it's hard to find a product out there that actually works for me and has so many benefits!!
Megan A.
Megan A.
Monroe, MI
I like this but I only use it if I start to break out badly in one place. I apply it once before bed and once in the morning after the shower if the break out is very bad. These work very well and results start to show in as little as one application. The only problem is that it is very strong and causes dryness. That's why I only use it when I really truly need it. I don't use this on a daily basis and I only apply it on the problem acne!
Jeannine B.
Jeannine B.
Kendall Park, NJ
Has this product dried out your skin ?
Alicia M.
Alicia M.
Trimble, OH
How often do u use it and does it dry ur face out
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Los Angeles, CA
I heard this really works, I'm afraid it'll be to harsh since it's a chemical toner. Would anyone recommend this if I only have a few pimples?
Minley L.
Minley L.
Wylie, TX
Do these actually work for anyone?
Rashanae P.
Rashanae P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How well does this work to clear up acne and does it get rid of blemishes as well ?