Stridex Maximum Pads

by Stridex

Stridex Maximum Pads have the highest level of acne-fighting medicine allowed (2% salicylic acid) without a prescription, and are recommended for cases of moderate acne. Maximum Pads contain effective skin cleansers that work to remove dirt, oil, sweat and other impurities from the surface of the skin, penetrate to unclog pores, and dissolve deep down oil. They even remove impurities that soaps and face washes leave behind…just look at the pad for proof. They also help prevent new pimples from forming. Each pad is specially textured for great cleansing with a great feel whether you want scrubbing or smooth, soft application.

All Stridex pad formulas are completely alcohol-free, so you get proven acne-fighting effectiveness without the skin-irritating burn. The drying, irritating effects of alcohol on skin are well understood…years ago Stridex determined that alcohol was unnecessary in its pad formulations. Typical acne pads can contain 25-40% alcohol…the resulting redness and irritation can be a bigger nuisance than the problem you are trying to solve.

Use after washing your face in the morning or during the day for a quick clean-up.

How to get rid of blackheads on nose with these pads (if it’s possible)?
Do these pads cause breakouts at first? I’m on day 3 (using 1 time at night), and I’m having a lot of acne showing up each morning, new ones. Please help if this is purging or if this has happened to anyone and got better. Thanks!!!!
Can I use this as chemical exfoliantion? Stridex Maximum Pads
Start your review of Stridex Maximum Pads!
Product Highlights
I personally use the Stridex pads with the red box- I apply on face and back every night and see results by the next morning.in reviews
Anne C.
Auburn, WA
Stridex Maximum Pads uploaded by Anne C.
Stridex Maximum Pads uploaded by Anne C.
Purchased at: Walmart
SRP: US $4.49 - 4.99 Size: 55 - 90 ct Super affordable 2% salicylic acid liquid in soft, slightly textured pads. This is very accessible, available at most grocery stores, drugstores, convenience stores, and online. It refreshes and cleans skin and helps treat acne, blackheads, and clogged pores. I like using it on the body, especially on my underarms as a cleanser and deodorant. I’ve tried it a few times on my face, no irritation nor purging experienced. This can also be used after shaving, just one quick light swipe and it’ll help prevent ingrown hair. Stridex has a short ingredient list: Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) ((w/w)) Inactive Ingredients: Amino Methyl Propanol, Ammonium Xylene Sulfonate, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance, Menthol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Water (Purified), Simethicone, Sodium Borate, Tetrasodium EDTA Cons: This contains fragrance which may trigger allergic reaction to some and uses DMDM Hydantoin, a controversial preservative that has formaldehyde-releasing properties. Formaldehyde is naturally produced by humans, about 1.5 ounces a day, as a normal part of cell metabolism and is naturally occurring in many fruits, vegetables, and meat. Beauty products contain only small amounts of formaldehyde, as much as an apple or a pear, and will unlikely cause adverse effects. At the end of the day, it’s all up to you if you want to use products containing this type of preservative. Also, the bottle should always be stored upright or it will leak.
Aly A.
Smyrna, TN
Stridex Maximum Pads uploaded by Aly A.
My boyfriend loves these things! He uses them once a night before bed and his face is always so clear!! They don’t have an awful smell nor do they leave a residue!:)
Samantha C.
Portland, ME
Stridex Maximum Pads uploaded by Samantha C.
I was skeptical at first, the pads stink like mint toothpaste and kind of sting. But they SAVED my skin, I use them almost every night, and almost all the acne & annoying little bumps on my forehead are gone. I have dry skin so after cleansing I apply and then splash with water after 10 minutes, they are too drying for me otherwise. Then follow up with moisturizer. My before & after photo should speak for itself. I also use them on my underarms after shaving, no more irritation & BO. Also they're very affordable for a big pack so I will keep buying them. I highly recommend this product if you are struggling with acne, try it.
Amaya M.
Matteson, IL
Stridex Maximum Pads uploaded by Amaya M.
This is my holy grail for acne. It really helps clears up my blemishes as long as I wash my face before hand. It feels nice and it isn't too strong on my skin. It doesn't irritated it at all and I feel a lot less oily whenever I use it. I use it once a day every morning and it's always helped me. I've been using it for many years now since my middle school days where I had HORRIBLE acne!
Brooklyn B.
Buffalo, NY
Stridex Maximum Pads uploaded by Brooklyn B.
Purchased at: Rite Aid
This is an old school product but it s works just as well as it did when my grandma used to use it when I was a child. It clears up all types of minor skin irritations and/or scarring. It smells really clean and the bright red packaging is unmistakable , as soon as you see it you know that you'll be cured within the week ! I Use on freshly cleaned skin, apply toner then the Stridex for best results
Denise M.
San Antonio, TX
Stridex Maximum Pads uploaded by Denise M.
Purchased at: Target
Did you know these pads have a secret super power? Besides being amazing to prevent zits and keep them at bay- I use one on my armpits before applying deodorant and they work as a booster. You can even use them alone and they curb underarm stink. Seriously love these pads.
Lexi L.
Pullman, MI
Stridex Maximum Pads uploaded by Lexi L.
Stridex Maximum Pads uploaded by Lexi L.
Purchased at: Walmart
At first I did not like these because the smell but then I realize that these are really easy on the skin at the same time really tough on your acne. Ever since I started using this my face has cleared up a lot. I’m also in love with the feeling that it gives your face as soon as it dries up. It gives it like a tightening feel. I do recommend this for anyone who’s having breakout issues because of the heat
Darlene N.
Garden City, MI
Stridex Maximum Pads uploaded by Darlene N.
Purchased at: Walmart
It’s a little harsh due to the high amount of Salicylic acid, but it’s a classic product that does its job well. I personally use face lotion after this product just to be cautious. As the product says in its directions label, it’s best to start with just one application it CAN cause excessive drying. Gradually move to twice a day if you feel that you need to.
Cherisse C.
Kaneohe, HI
I think this helps keep away future break outs but doesn’t help with current acne. So it’s helping my skin to not get worse but doesn’t help it get better.
Siara N.
In terms of my skincare routine, I feel these make the biggest difference of all! I've noticed if I forget/skip a week of these, my skin looks much more textured and ends up with breakouts. Just make sure you moisturize 15 minutes after applying!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Ilusión M.
Doral, FL
il y a 3 mois
Rachel T. il y a 3 mois
It's just going to dry your skin out and not accomplish what you are trying to do. It's made for acne so there are drying ingredients, and it's not really a high percentage of salicylic acid, which in my opinion there are much, better acids to use.
Star C.
Buena Park, CA
il y a 7 mois
Christine C. il y a 2 mois
If you want more pimples then yes. It may work temporarily. It works by drying out your skin. Eventually your skin will produces an excess of oil or sebum to balance out the dryness. Which will causes blockages in your pores which will cause yet more breakouts. So no don’t use this, please!
Elene M.
New Castle, DE
il y a un an
Stridex Maximum Pads[product:always-radiant-size-2-heavy-flow-pads,-light-clean-scent] Do you recommend it?
Jeanette M. il y a un an
I recommend them they work great on me