BY STRIDEX #16 in Acne Treatments

Stridex Maximum Pads have the highest level of acne-fighting medicine allowed (2% salicylic acid) without a prescription, and are recommended for cases of moderate acne. Maximum Pads contain effective skin cleansers that work to remove dirt, oil, sweat and other impurities from the surface of the skin, penetrate to unclog pores, and dissolve deep down oil. They even remove impurities that soaps and face washes leave behind…just look at the pad for proof. They also help prevent new pimples from forming. Each pad is specially textured for great cleansing with a great feel whether you want scrubbing or smooth, soft application.

All Stridex pad formulas are completely alcohol-free, so you get proven acne-fighting effectiveness without the skin-irritating burn. The drying, irritating effects of alcohol on skin are well understood…years ago Stridex determined that alcohol was unnecessary in its pad formulations. Typical acne pads can contain 25-40% alcohol…the resulting redness and irritation can be a bigger nuisance than the problem you are trying to solve.

Use after washing your face in the morning or during the day for a quick clean-up.

• I heard this really works, I'm afraid it'll be to harsh since it'...4 Answers
  • Do these NOT work for anyone? I've read SOOOO many good reviews f...2 Answers
  • How well does this work to clear up acne and does it get rid of b...3 Answers
Reviews (2096)
  • "I personally use the Stridex pads with the red box- I apply on face and back every night and see results by the next morning." in 5 reviews
Nicole D.
Morristown
Review for: Other more...
I don’t see much of a difference for when i use this and when i don’t sometimes. I was told to use this from my friend, so I gave it a shot. They do make ur face feel like it was cleaned very well and i only use it ok areas with acne or if i feel acne appearing in that specific area. I use it every morning after i was my face and after i shower at night. Some days i wake up and see a difference but other days I don’t. I have been using these for about a month and a half and have seen both good results and so so results. This is good on my sensitive skin, when i used it the first time it did burn and cause my skin to get red a bit, but i gave it a shot a couple more times and my skin had gotten used to it. I would recommend to friends.
Corinne C.
Review for: Maximum Strength For In Each more...
This stuff is great-- I noticed results really quickly, actually, much more quickly than I thought. I wasn't even sure it would work, to be perfectly honest. So here's what I've been doing lately.

Step one: I cleanse my face and let it air dry completely
Step two: Swipe a stridex pad around my trouble spots (chin, nose, sides of nose/apple of my cheeks)
Step three: Roughly 20 minute later, I throw on a clay mask.
Step four: Remove clay mask and throw on a light layer of either avocado oil/sweet almond oil/apricot oil, etc etc etc. Let that soak on my skin for 20 minutes, then massage my skin.
Step five: Cleanse with a gel cleanser

If I do this before bed, I'll throw on a moisturizer then a light layer of vaseline on top and call it a night. Works miracles!
Sheela V.
Review for: Maximum Strength For In Each more...
Love this BHA. I like this stuff. It's cheap, which is a huge bonus, and I cut the pads in half so each box lasts longer. I'm not very acne-prone but I do think this stuff prevents and minimizes breakouts. It does not irritate or dry out my skin. My skin will feel a little dry or "tight" several minutes after using a Stridex wipe, but then I apply my night-time moisturizer and my skin feels great again.
Jenn L.
Oil City, PA
Review for: Maximum Strength For In Each more...
I used this nightly during my teenage years when I had very acne prone combo skin. It worked well, but it literally dries out your entire face and sometimes burns/stings when using it so I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone who has already dry skin or very sensitive skin. Also the smell is very strong chemical-y so if you’re sensitive to scents this may be too strong of a scent for you. 3 stars because yes it helped maintain my acne, but intensely dried my skin, smelled terrible, and stung.
Erikka B.
$4 for a 3 month supply of ANYTHING is pretty much unbeatable, but for what this did for my closed comedones?! Stridex, take my money. They're easy to use, readily available in the US, and they WORK. Don't get it in your lips or you'll regret it, but man! I had the same closed comedones in the same areas for YEARS after terrible pregnancy acne, and I had pretty much given up on eradicating them. After a month of this and later on this + a retinoid and it changed the texture of my whole face. Don't sleep on the old school Stridex, y'all!
Rhianna W.
Estero, FL
I've used these on my face since middle school, and I honestly believe that it's the reason why I've never had a serious breakout, even through high school. It's amazing and powerful, but if you use it too often, it WILL dry out your skin, so I'd be careful.
Matt R.
Cape May Ch, NJ
This is one strong product, I definitely don’t recommend it to people with dry skin. I personally have very oily skin and I like to use these wipes every other day because more than that would just irritate my skin. I do like them though, it gets out all the extra things you missed while cleaning your face and really ensures your face is clean. I do have a problem with feeling a residue every time I use them that I need to wash off sometimes if it’s just too much.
Rebecca V.
Astoria, NY
Review for: Maximum Strength For In Each more...
My acne responds really well to salicylic acid, and it helps to smooth out my skin texture. After patch testing for a few days/weeks, I recommend slowing adding Stridex into your routine twice a week, and then increasing frequency over time. I don't think I've ever used it any more than once every other day. Keep I mind: Salicylic Acid does increase your sensitivity to sun so be sure to include sunscreen in your morning routine when using this product!
Miss C.
Nashville
Review for: Maximum Strength For In Each more...
Really, stridex pads are a no-gimmick ‘you-get-what’s-on-the-box’ BHA pads. I love them. I don’t use them as much as I used to, but really there’s nothing to complain about except it’s difficult to figure out application routines and perhaps they could be stronger. They never stung or burned my sensitive skin, unless I was particularly and dreadfully dry due to another product. I even like to use them on other parts of my body that suffer from acne or bumps.
Bee K.
Saco, ME
Review for: Maximum Strength For In Each more...
Okay, so, as a teenager I thought that wiping my face down with these twice a day was what washing my face was. This is incorrect. That said: as a 30 year old with some stubborn closed comedones around my chin, this product has been AWESOME for my retexturizing process. I put it on after washing, wait 20 minutes, and then smooth down with snail mucin and the change started in like two days.
Jeannine B.
Kendall Park, NJ
Has this product dried out your skin ?
Alicia M.
Trimble, OH
How often do u use it and does it dry ur face out
Michelle L.
Los Angeles, CA
I heard this really works, I'm afraid it'll be to harsh since it's a chemical toner. Would anyone recommend this if I only have a few pimples?
Rashanae P.
How well does this work to clear up acne and does it get rid of blemishes as well ?
Christina L.
How long did it take for you to notice the product was working? Is it worth the investment?