BY STRIDEX #9 in Acne Treatments

Stridex Maximum Pads have the highest level of acne-fighting medicine allowed (2% salicylic acid) without a prescription, and are recommended for cases of moderate acne. Maximum Pads contain effective skin cleansers that work to remove dirt, oil, sweat and other impurities from the surface of the skin, penetrate to unclog pores, and dissolve deep down oil. They even remove impurities that soaps and face washes leave behind…just look at the pad for proof. They also help prevent new pimples from forming. Each pad is specially textured for great cleansing with a great feel whether you want scrubbing or smooth, soft application.

All Stridex pad formulas are completely alcohol-free, so you get proven acne-fighting effectiveness without the skin-irritating burn. The drying, irritating effects of alcohol on skin are well understood…years ago Stridex determined that alcohol was unnecessary in its pad formulations. Typical acne pads can contain 25-40% alcohol…the resulting redness and irritation can be a bigger nuisance than the problem you are trying to solve.

Use after washing your face in the morning or during the day for a quick clean-up.

• I heard this really works, I'm afraid it'll be to harsh since it'...4 Answers
  • Do these NOT work for anyone? I've read SOOOO many good reviews f...2 Answers
  • How well does this work to clear up acne and does it get rid of b...3 Answers
Stridex Maximum Pads
  • "I personally use the Stridex pads with the red box- I apply on face and back every night and see results by the next morning." in 5 reviews
Desiree H.
Ft. Oglethorpe
Beauty Junkie Expert
The opinions here are mine and mine only. I have tried these on and off since I was young, with oily skin the salicylic acid really helps because it gets through the sebum which is the oil that your pores make and gets rid of it so that it cannot plug pores. I like that they have taken the alcohol out because using them twice a day was harsh for me even though I have pretty tough skin, they did not keep me from getting acne but they did get the oil and dirt off of my skin and probably prevented it from getting worse than it was. They are convenient because you can take them with you in your bag and do a quick swipe over your face and get rid of the oil and dirt you pick up during the day. They are also great for camping if you don't have any muscle or water wipes.
Kyla H.
Clanton , AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have been using these ever since I was in high school (which was many years ago). I used them to control my horrible,cystic, teenage acne back then and I use them now that I am a stressed out adult to prevent any new breakouts from forming . I use them at night after I have washed my face and I make sure to moisturize after it has dried. I have noticed some dryness to my skin a couple of times but it was mostly from lack of sleep or I'm not properly hydrated. The exfoliating side of the pads is pretty gentle on my skin,however, I've had friends say it was too harsh for their very sensitive skin. Also the exfoliating portion does a great job of gently erasing any acne scars that may have fought its way through.
Kat M.
Dill City, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
In my opinion, the Stridex wipes are insanely amazing. I use them every other day and my skin has reacted so well with them. I can buy it at my local Dollar Store. If I use it more than once a day everyday, it dries out my skin super bad. It’s not too harsh though. I enjoy using Stridex and plan too as long as it’s continued.
Emily Ann G.
Metairie, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
These pads are amazing!!! I have used them for what feels like forever. They work really well for someone like me, who has the occasional breakout (usually during one time of the month). Almost every store has them, I've found them at the dollar store, pharmacy, and grocery stores. They don't cost much but they definitely do the job. Stridex pads make my skin feel so clean and smooth, while working to combat blemishes at the same time. They are fun because you can see the dirt come off onto the white pad, even after I thought my face was clean from washing. They really get the gunk out. I would recommend Stridex Maximum Pads to anyone!
Holly M.
Metairie, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Amazing acne pads. Don’t dry skin out too bad and only stripped my oily skin a little bit. Packaging keeps them fresh you don’t have to worry about dry out. Strong smell but that’s okay because this helps me when I have a hormonal acne flare up. Good for cleaning my face when it contains too much oil on the surface. Doesn’t sting my cystic acne. Will be repurchasing and would recommend depending on what kind of acne you have. Good to use before going in with a cleanser after removing Makeup. I use it to make sure Makeup is totally gone. Been using since I was a kid to take residue of makeup off. Will continue to use.
Carlie R.
Snohomish
My husband uses these regularly. I only use if my facell is really oily or breaking out.  We purchase this at walmart.  It is a little harsh,  but that's why I like it. I've been using it on and off for about 6 years. I wish the pads were easier to get out of the container.
Ortencia M.
Conroe, Texas
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is the type of acne product your mom gave you when you were going through puberty; otlr at least my mom did, she swore by it. I like it, but these pads have a very chemically scent and I stopped using them, I used to only use them to treat cystic acne over night. It works surprisingly!
Remmie S.
Des Moines, IA
14 year old me lived on these. This was always my go to. Great product at a great price. Convenient packaging and easy to get anywhere. This cleared up my acne like nothing else as a teen. I actually liked the burn of them. They weren’t too drying or harsh on my sensitive skin.
Marilyn M.
Port richey, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I remember using Stridex as a kid lol! I am blessed to say I didn't break out too bad when I did go through puberty but I did have extremely oily skin and still do somewhat. When I used this I'm my teenage years it did do wonders due to the alcohol contained in the ingredient in Stridex that does help acne dry out the infected areas. I still buy this product at age 31 but I do not overuse it nor do I use it daily, as it can and will dry out my skin and cause breakouts. I do recommend this product highly for people with serious Acne, it does do wonders and it's affordable in many stores.
Sandra S.
Tacoma, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I keep these acne pads on hand in case of a breakout. I don't have very many, but when I do, they want to live on my face for forever. I use them only to spot treat the affected area. These do feel like they help to reduce the breakout duration and leave my skin feeling clean and not tight or itchy. I have noticed an issue with the underside of the lid growing mold. I am not sure why, It wasn't on the pads but I still threw it out. Like I said, I don't breakout often, so maybe it just sat there too long...? Still sucks to have to throw away an almost full container.
Jeannine B.
Kendall Park, NJ
Has this product dried out your skin ?
Alicia M.
Trimble, OH
How often do u use it and does it dry ur face out
Michelle L.
Los Angeles, CA
I heard this really works, I'm afraid it'll be to harsh since it's a chemical toner. Would anyone recommend this if I only have a few pimples?
Christina L.
How long did it take for you to notice the product was working? Is it worth the investment?
Rashanae P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How well does this work to clear up acne and does it get rid of blemishes as well ?