Individual Product is well packaged in a highly recyclable paper cup. The fairly sturdy (for a disposable item) clear lid allows you to see whats inside and monitor 'cooking'. The shipping box was adequate, but could've used some cushioning material.
TASTE & TEXTURE
The taste is appropriately peanutty, somewhat salty and slightly sweet. There is added sugar in the form of cane sugar (no HFCS or other icky sweeteners, artificial or otherwise), but this not a hypersweetened "kids" type product (though I'm sure kids would love it). The strawberries rehydrate nicely and provide some sweetness and some tart zing as a pleasant contrast to the peanut flavor. No, it doesn't taste just like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but the flavor is fun and satisfying.
The oats cook up nice and smooth, and the crunchy whole peanuts and sliced strawberries add textural interest. This product is intended to be made with hot/boiling water and not microwaved. As with all oatmeal you can get your desired consistency by adjusting the amount of hot water you add. It took only a few tries to find my 'just right' amount of water.
I am a grown man with a healthy appetite, and these oats never fail to tide me over until lunch.
The ingredients are all pronounceable and recognizable as food. Things you may actually have in your home. Phenomenal. They don't really make any health claims, sticking with 'all natural' which I would not disagree with on the basis of the extremely short ingredient list.
- Made in the USA
- 3.7oz dry weight (unprepared)
- 440 Calories - 8g Fiber - 12g Protein - 66g Carbohydrate
- Contains: Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Milk, Soy
IT'S FOR YOU IF...
- You love peanuts/peanut butter
- You prefer products with ingredients you don't need to look up on wikipedia
- Want gourmet oatmeal on the go
THINK TWICE IF...
- You are especially cost conscious. The quality of ingredients and flavor is top notch but the unit price is on the high side, though if you regularly purchase yourself a drive-thru type breakfast this should be a lower cost alternative and is likely healthier.