Storybook Cosmetics Quill & Ink™ Set
The custom made gold metal feather quill comes complete with a hollow brush stand to protect the precision point eyeliner brush. The water resistant gel matte black eyeliner is vegan, cruelty-free, and gluten-free. It comes in a custom ink pot with gold Storybook logo details and a tiny feather charm. The set comes in a royal blue tin carrying case that is padded for safekeeping.
Please note this is a solid gel eyeliner, not liquid. You will need to activate the liner before use.
Follow the instructions below to best care for your new Quill & Ink set.
- Activate the liner: There is a thin protective film on top of the gel liner that may make it appear dry. You will not be able to use the liner until you dissolve the film. Simply take your quill brush and gently roll it around the ink pot, starting with the edges of the jar working your way into the middle. This will dissolve the protective film and activate the ink black matte gel liner.
- Application: Take your quill brush and gently roll it around the edges of the liner pot. Do not dip your brush, it is not a liquid and this will damage the gel liner. You won’t need much, so tap lightly to remove any excess from brush. Apply and let it dry. Clean brush after each use to avoid product drying into bristles.
- Cleaning: To keep your precision brush nice and pointy clean it after each use with a gentle brush cleaner. Wipe it clean with a soft towel then air dry. You can then store it in your fancy quill brush stand.
- Storage: Put the liner’s lid back on by gently turning one half turn to seal the jar. Do not force any further or you may damage the seal. If you do notice your liner starting to get dry, simply wet your brush with a tiny bit of water before rolling in the liner pot.
- Quill stand: The stand needs to be kept on a flat surface. Make sure that you put the brush in gently (without smashing the bristles) in the same direction as the stand. Do not force or try to click it in. It is engineered for the brush to gently rest in the stand, forcing may result in brush damage.
Ingredients: Isododecane, polyethylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, barium sulfate, VP/eicosene copolymer, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, silica, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol. May contain (+/-): D&C Black No. 2 (C177266).see more...
Top Questions See all 3 Q&A
The product itself is adorable. The packaging is great and it really does look like a quill pen with ink, and even includes a little stand for the brush. It doesn't come with any instructions on how to use it, which makes it a bit confusing when you weren't the one who ordered it! Honestly, it took me a few moments of looking at it to even figure out that it was eyeliner!
Luckily, when searching for the product online, the website does provide some instructions.
The eyeliner itself seems to be a decent formula--it isn't my favorite but it isn't bad. However, the appeal of using the quill has me coming back to use it even on days when I wasn't planning to use eyeliner!
Basically, the eyeliner seems decent but the setup makes it a lot of fun.