BY STONE BREWING COMPANY

Stone Imperial Russian Stout is so thick, rich and, well, sinful, you might worry that you'll be doomed to the fiery pits just for thinking about a sip. Rest assured, however, that even though this seemingly pernicious brew is indeed as black as sin, we guarantee that no actual sin was committed in making it...you'll have to add that on your own. This massive and intensely aromatic beer abounds with notes of chocolate, coffee, black currants, anise and roastiness, and its heavy palate is nothing to be trifled with.

Amanda D.
This Imperial Russian Stout is so full of flavor and I would buy it over and over again not only is it a great value for Imperial Russian Stout but the flavor is absolutely delicious I would definitely recommend this beer to anybody who enjoys a good hearty stout. I was so happy when I first discovered this beer because there are not a lot of bottled Imperial Russian Stout’s but like I said this is one of the best Imperial Russian stouts I have ever had once again thank you stone brewing for making amazing beer! I would definitely recommend pouring this into a glass to enjoy it it really brings out the flavor more.
Nikki G.
Urbana, IL
Bought this at work on a whim, and am I glad I did! Reasonably priced too, either at 10 bucks for the bomber. I poured from the bomber into an 11oz snifter. Pours thick and opaque with just under an inch of tan colored head, tight and small bubbles and some lacing. Looks exactly how you'd expect a good Russian Imperial Stout to look in the glass. Smell is huge on roasted character, dark chocolate, coffee, and caramel and brown sugar. Yum! Knocked it out of the park with the flavor! Taste follows suit, with bold, aggressive, yet loving layers of burnt sugars, dark, dark malts, a little toffee, a very slight hop bite, and the teensy bit of booze in the finish. Fantastic, and once again, exactly what you'd expect from an awesome Russian Imperial Stout. Feel is full bodied, chewy, smooth and luxurious, coating the palate in all of the many layers of flavors this baby brings to the party. Overall, I'm impressed all around. Not just with the beer itself, but also with the fact that it was affordable. Layer upon layer of flavor, found at a local grocery store and for a great price? Awesome!
Dana R.
College Sta, TX
Such a good beer. Just the perfect amount of bitterness, carbonation and it has a really nice creamy feel. I like the coffee taste and smell, and there is also a touch of chocolate. If I can get this on tap, I absolutely prefer it, but out of the bottle is really nice too!
Laurie B.
I love Guinness and am always looking for new stouts to try. Our server at a local pub had me try this and I'm hooked! Richer than Guinness but just as smooth. I definitely catch the hints of coffee and chocolate. Definitely a must have for stout lovers.
Liz N.
Grand Rapids, MI
This is also one of my favorite stouts. It's delicious and if you got back by years it only gets better. I had a flight of years 2012-2016 last year and it was absolutely amazing. A very delicious beer for people who like stouts.
Erica G.
Lake Elsinore, CA
Hands down one of my favorite beers. Stone is mostly known for their IPAs, but this rich brew brings something entirely different. Complex flavor profile, smooth finish. LOVE this beer!
Megan C.
Dover, NH
Does stone make any bad beer? I tried the imperial Russian stout. I purchased it at our local beer store. It had such a perfect flavor, you could tell it was made with care. It is pretty reasonable price wise, and I will absolutely purchase it again.
Jessica C.
Deep and rich color, head forms slowly as if the bubbles struggle to get to freedom. Thin layer of head, tan color. I love that you can really smell the coffee, anise, alcohol, molasses, and wood smoke. Tasting I get coffee again, chocolate, licorice, fruity esters, smoke. Wonderfully complex, you go through a train ride of flavors where the alcohol isn't too overpowering even at 10.6% which is very nice.
Tracy W.
Modesto, CA
My husband really liked this...more than me. I felt like it was very strong on the Hops and it does have that heavy feel but It's not bad. For me, it was too much and it's more what my husband prefers. Lol. So being he loved the flavor profile and the stronger hops flavor, 4 stars. But I'll stick to the lighter brews.
Ashley P.
Woo-boy does Stone pack a punch in every bottle you crack open! This Russian stout is deliciously smooth with a heavy full body and still has the traditional kick that Stone has mastered to perfection. Earthy, hoppy, full of spice, warm even though served cold. Classic winter beer in my book.