Trisha W.
Galeton, PA
Such a heart breaking book. I found myself shaking my head a lot and could just not imagine living like that. Saying that, I liked this book, it was nice to read to see how other's live. In no way do I condone it, but this book was so well written and a great read.
MaryCaroline G.
St Petersburg, FL
This book was fantastic, but also a major tearjerker. I cried several times. It talks about the author who at 13, as part of a mormon sect (cult..) was married. The book was well written, but I ached for the trauma this young girl had to endure all these years.
Lisa J.
Roanoke, VA
I really enjoyed reading this book and learning about the ways of the LDS community under Jeff Warren. I was very shocked at the things she had to endure under the so called religion. I am glad she was able to get out, but I am sure it is still hard for her even today to not have all her family around. She was indeed a strong lady. Thanks for telling your story!
Kate E.
The book details the life of a fundamentalist Mormon woman. I enjoyed the bravery of this woman to come forth with as many details as she did in the book. It really showed the lifestyle people in this sect live. At times, it felt like she repeated herself, but overall the story is an eye opener.
Kaitlyn S.
This book was a shocking story about survival in a polygamist sect under warren jeffs. I couldn't imagine living life this way but the story that's told is so brave and inspiring!
Elizabeth F.
Corinth, MS
This book was heartbreaking to me, because of the situation and things that had to be dealt with as a young child. Warning: It is very detailed and very graphic. Very eye opening. It gives you a close up look their way of life.
Judianne M.
Pageland, SC
I read this book after watching the show Big love of HBO and it made me want to find out more about this and Elissa's story was so heart breaking but it was such a great bok I just couldn't put it down I finsh it with in 3 days
Courtney H.
I have been reading up on the FLDS for a couple years now and this book definitely interested me. It was one of those that I picked up and I couldn't put down because every page just gripped me in. It's sad what happened to this little girl, but she's one of the few lucky ones that was able to escape.
Angela L.
Millersport, OH
Very good book, well written and easy to read. The account of her life and the things that happened to her and others in the polygamous cult is very unsettling and sad. Very eye opening story.
Megan B.
Grand Rapids, MI
I actually listened to this on Audio Book a while back. It's pretty good and really interesting. A good insight into that world, and something different from what I normally read.
Pamela N.
Hamilton , OK
Was this book what you thought it would be about ?
Dawn B.
Rayland, OH
Can I get this book somewhere besides Amazon?