BY STOLEN INNOCENCE

Dani C.
Aberdeen, SD
This is an unbelievably sad yet amazing book. I couldn't put it down. Polygamy is something that is so disturbing yet so fascinating to learn about. These are some of the strongest woman I've ever seen and for them to leave is the greatest power they can ever have in themselves. I recommend this to anyone and everyone out there.
Kathy C.
Toms River, NJ
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I loved reading Stolen Innocence. A very moving story and it is sad because it's true.  It was very hard to put down.  Excellent writing and it really felt like I was there throughout the whole story.  I totally recommend this book to all who want to read something different.
Anaíd C.
Edinburg, TX
Wall’s story couldn’t be more timely. Her descriptions of the polygamous sect’s rigidity are shocking, but what’s most fascinating is the immensely likeable author’s struggle to reconcile her longing for happiness with her terror of it’s consequences.
Karrie S.
This book was so good! It was amazing to learn about what happened in this particular Mormon sect. The book was about her experience as an underage bride (like 13 years old), and what was expected of her as a woman/girl in her very religious home. It explained how the men had multiple wives, and how the family interacted as sub-families under one roof and the experiences she had growing up. It also tells about Warren Jeff (who is disgusting) and how he became the leader of their "cult' and how so many lives were destroyed by the horrors that went on that the normal world wasn't allowed to see. Your heart will ache for her innocence . This book led to me to read a few other books by people in her "cult", am aware of the very important issue of the young men who are struggling after being kicked out when they turn adults, and aware of the women and men who left the cult and have to restart from nothing. If you live in Colorado, you need to read this book and help support your community to help these young men.
Jamie V.
Las Vegas
A true inside looks into the world of the FLDS! Her story was just so heartbreaking and she really opened up about her experience growing up in this. Great story. If you ever wondered about this group, this is a book you should pick up.
Courtney P.
Beaverton, OR
I was pleased with the overall quality of the writing in this book. Too often, exposes that are ghostwritten by interviewers/writers suffer somewhat, but it was easy to forget that I was not reading Elissa's actual writing. Her story is extremely interesting, and a brilliant look into the life of someone directly affected by Warren Jeff's general assholery. The book also includes many relevant photographs of Elissa's childhood. There is some controversy around whether the events in this book actually happened, but most of the cries of anger come from FLDS apologists, and I really can't trust a word they say.
Tiffini H.
ponchatoula, LA
This book broke my heart in so many ways. A true story of a girl who was trapped and abused in Warren jeffs cult. this will open your eyes to how disturbing and sick some people are. will tug at your heart strings. This isn't just a sad story though. Its about overcoming lifes obstacles no matter how impossible they seem
Megan K.
Longmont, CO
This book was well written and captured my interest immediately. I went into it not knowing a whole lot about the group, but I remembered seeing a bit about Warren Jeffs in the news years ago. This book told me everything I had wondered and more. I could not put it down. If you're interested in reading an honest book about a little known sect of America, this book is for you. Though there are sections of the book that are a little hard to read due to topic, I feel I came away with a better understanding of what this group is like when viewed from the inside.
Jennifer M.
Waterville, ME
This was not a book I tore through, which is my usual reading habit. Instead, I found it was a bit difficult to become engrossed in it. Yes it was an interesting perspective from someone who had actually grown up in such a cult. I also empathized with her, and the multiple situations she found herself in. It's just that there are better books out there on this subject, and I would not recommend this one.
Shana K.
Kettering, OH
This book is well written and comes from the heart. It shows you how much strong beliefs can make a human being harm others without even thinking that it is wrong. This story isn't for someone who wants an uplifting fake hollywood story. This story is gut wrenching but real.
Pamela N.
Hamilton , OK
Was this book what you thought it would be about ?
Dawn B.
Rayland, OH
Can I get this book somewhere besides Amazon?