Stolen Innocence

by Stolen Innocence

Does the author say which polygamist sect she was in? Is this more of an institution exposé or is it only about her experience?
Can I get this book somewhere besides Amazon?
Was this book what you thought it would be about ?
Start your review of Stolen Innocence !
How would you rate this product?
3 months agoCharlottetown, PE
Based on a true story this was a very shocking, sad, eye opening book! Once I started reading this I couldn’t put it down. It keeps you engaged, interested and wanting to know more and it taught me things that I’ve never fully understood or comprehended. It’s sad that in today’s society this is still an issue, thankfully some are able to escape and break free!
5 months ago
I have read a few of these kinds of these stories and it is a relief to know children forced into these cults can escape and make their own choices as adults. If only they were given their own choices and could understand what their crazy parents were getting them into. It is a good read so you can see that there is a way out and not everyone is doomed from these horrible groups or decisions made for them by their families.
3 years agoAberdeen, SD
This is an unbelievably sad yet amazing book. I couldn't put it down. Polygamy is something that is so disturbing yet so fascinating to learn about. These are some of the strongest woman I've ever seen and for them to leave is the greatest power they can ever have in themselves. I recommend this to anyone and everyone out there.
3 years agoEdinburg, TX
Wall’s story couldn’t be more timely. Her descriptions of the polygamous sect’s rigidity are shocking, but what’s most fascinating is the immensely likeable author’s struggle to reconcile her longing for happiness with her terror of it’s consequences.
6 years ago
This book was so good! It was amazing to learn about what happened in this particular Mormon sect. The book was about her experience as an underage bride (like 13 years old), and what was expected of her as a woman/girl in her very religious home. It explained how the men had multiple wives, and how the family interacted as sub-families under one roof and the experiences she had growing up. It also tells about Warren Jeff (who is disgusting) and how he became the leader of their "cult' and how so many lives were destroyed by the horrors that went on that the normal world wasn't allowed to see. Your heart will ache for her innocence . This book led to me to read a few other books by people in her "cult", am aware of the very important issue of the young men who are struggling after being kicked out when they turn adults, and aware of the women and men who left the cult and have to restart from nothing. If you live in Colorado, you need to read this book and help support your community to help these young men.
3 years agoLas Vegas
A true inside looks into the world of the FLDS! Her story was just so heartbreaking and she really opened up about her experience growing up in this. Great story. If you ever wondered about this group, this is a book you should pick up.
6 years agoBeaverton, OR
I was pleased with the overall quality of the writing in this book. Too often, exposes that are ghostwritten by interviewers/writers suffer somewhat, but it was easy to forget that I was not reading Elissa's actual writing. Her story is extremely interesting, and a brilliant look into the life of someone directly affected by Warren Jeff's general assholery. The book also includes many relevant photographs of Elissa's childhood. There is some controversy around whether the events in this book actually happened, but most of the cries of anger come from FLDS apologists, and I really can't trust a word they say.
6 years agoponchatoula, LA
This book broke my heart in so many ways. A true story of a girl who was trapped and abused in Warren jeffs cult. this will open your eyes to how disturbing and sick some people are. will tug at your heart strings. This isn't just a sad story though. Its about overcoming lifes obstacles no matter how impossible they seem
4 years agoLongmont, CO
This book was well written and captured my interest immediately. I went into it not knowing a whole lot about the group, but I remembered seeing a bit about Warren Jeffs in the news years ago. This book told me everything I had wondered and more. I could not put it down. If you're interested in reading an honest book about a little known sect of America, this book is for you. Though there are sections of the book that are a little hard to read due to topic, I feel I came away with a better understanding of what this group is like when viewed from the inside.
6 years agoWaterville, ME
This was not a book I tore through, which is my usual reading habit. Instead, I found it was a bit difficult to become engrossed in it. Yes it was an interesting perspective from someone who had actually grown up in such a cult. I also empathized with her, and the multiple situations she found herself in. It's just that there are better books out there on this subject, and I would not recommend this one.