BY STITCH FIX #62 in Clothing Stores & Brands

Get your own personal stylist. Hand-selected women's fashion shipped free, straight to your door. Try on at home risk-free.

• Are you willing to lose 20 dollars on a stylist fee? 9 Answers
  • Stitch Fix Who loves a good fix?2 Answers
  • Do any other Influensters use stitch fix? Or trunk club? ...5 Answers
PiecesOf C.
Fashionista Expert Level 1
I had a stitch fix account for a little over 2yrs from 2103 to 2015. These were prices and rules in place during that times. NOTE: Rules and prices may have changed since then.

Pros:
1. Exciting to have personal shopper.
2. Exciting to get new package every month. It’s like Christmas!
3. You’re introduced to new brands.
4. If you don’t have money, you can skip 2-3 months aka timeout without unsubscribing.
5. Even if you purchase one item in the box, they remove your $20 stylist fee.
6. SF always sends a pre-labeled envelope to return all items you don’t want. Just put them in and drop it off at a UPS store or drop box. NO charge to you.
7. SF gives you a questionnaire to get to know you and your style. Hair color, eyes, skin tone, classic, trendy, boho, etc. They allow you to attach social media account like Pinterest or Instagram so they can see first hand the items you purchase.
——I really liked this feature bc I had a specific board just for Pinterest and updated it constantly. In the picture description, I would tell SF why I love the picture ie: the color, the cut of the pants, blouse or dress, dangle earrings, sandals, hats, etc. It allowed me to continuously communicate with them without being able to communicate with them (of that makes sense). Many stylish often referred to my images when they told me when the chose my items.

Con:
1. Personal Shopper changes every month. So you may absolutely love everything one shopper gives you & next month new shopper comes along and just doesn’t get your style and you hate everything.
2. You only have 3 days to decide what you want to buy and send back.
3. Your introduced to new brands that you like but sometimes can’t find online or at other stores, which means they only sell to to select boutiques, certain states/countries or stylist.
4. N/A
5. If you don’t like anything in the box, you have to pay the $20 stylish fee, which is automatically take from your account. On the plus side, all returns are free!
6. No con except if you don’t have UPS near you.
7. This is ultimately why I cancel my subscription. I felt I was not being understood during the last six months. I was either purchasing one item or not purchasing anything at all. No matter what I was pinning, I wasn’t getting results. Also, this was the time they just introduced shoes. Jewelry was only a few months old & after I left, men’s was came out. I believe they were so busy growing that they were short-handed stylist to take the time needed to give customers all the personal attention needed when I first got in the beginning. If you go to the website, they show all the stylists with the profiles. At that time, they only had 6-8 if I recall.

Finals thoughts: I would do it again. I did get some great pieces that always give me the best compliments do this day. I had to build up my professional wardrobe and it was a great way to do so. I think I just stayed on it too long. I’ll only stay for a few months so it doesn’t get boring. I definitely recommend giving it a try if you want more casual clothes or trendy clothes or night out clothes (date night) or professional clothes.

This dress (only) is from SF.
Lacee L.
Gonzales , LA
Fashionista Expert Level 2
Create a Stitch Fix account. Complete your style profile. Here they will ask you detailed questions about your size, how you like your clothes to fit, what style of clothes you like, etc. It will take about 5 minutes, but it’s worth it.Select a delivery date. If you are not quite ready to schedule a date, you can wait. So feel free to get your profile in the system now, and wait til your ready. Your stylist will start selecting 5 items for you about a week before it ships. At that time they will charge you a $20 fee which is credited to your account making it #free Once you receive your box of 5 items, you have 3 days to try them in the comfort of your own home! I really like this because I am able to pair what they have sent with clothes I already own and see if it's something that I can make an outfit out of. It's a lot of fun, and a great way to purchase. After you try on your clothes that were sent,  You keep what you like and send back what you don't in the mail! (With the pre-paid envelope they sent)  It's that easy!
 If you want to keep all 5 clothing items that were sent to you, then you will receive 25%off
Jillian M.
Two stars because of inconsistency. In case you don’t know what this is, you fill out a lengthy survey about your sizes and what kinds of styles you like and a stylist chooses 5 items for you. There’s a $20 styling fee that will go towards anything you decide to keep. Keep the whole box and it’s 25% off. So I have had really bad luck with this service. It seems like the stylists only sometimes actually read your survey or check out your Pinterest board. The last box I ordered, I sent everything back. It either didn’t fit around my chest or the style was just SO far from anything I would ever wear. I have a VERY detailed Pinterest board that gets ignored completely. Also, this stuff is EXPENSIVE and the quality isn’t always there. I’ve been sent a lot of sheer, flimsy blouses that fall apart and sweaters that pill after the first wash. If you hate to shop or can’t get out to shop, this is very convenient. Provided you are sent things that you might actually wear. I’ve quit this for good after my last box.
Angel R.
Bay City
I love the setvice, and thr clothes. I gelt however, that the stylist only took a little look at my Pinterest board, before styling me. She said that she saw a lot of yellow on my board so therefore sent me a lemon yellow sweater, but had she looked harder she would have seen that I put notes that I like this style of the sweaters but not necessarily the color. Overall oh, I like the service and FYI I kept the yellow sweater.
Erin H.
Davenport, FL
I joined Stitchfix about a year and a half ago. I was looking for cute clothing and accessories that were tailored to my tastes and would be shipped directly to me. Unfortunately after three or four boxes and multiple stylist I was left frustrated and unsatisfied. The items I received were ill-fitting, mostly polyester, over-priced and didn’t fit my aesthetic at all. Stylists reached out but were not helpful and I continued to receive items I would never wear! In the end I cancelled the subscription because I was losing money and receiving ugly clothes that were way too expensive.
Alana C.
Fashionista Expert Level 1
This is a great subscription! So you get your own personal stylist and you give them all your measurements and basically tell them kinda your style so they'll send stuff out for you to try and then you buy or don't buy the clothes they send. Most of the time you'll get at least one thing you like and that fits okay (but paying for it is another question.. It can get real expensive!!). If you're hating everything, you can get a new stylist tell your stylist you hate it lol but sometimes it includes more hits than misses. If you're really looking to build up your closet and don't mind maybe being disappointed in some things then go for it lol I really like the idea of it though
Jessica M.
East Hampton, CT
This is a brilliant service, especially for me where I'm not EXACTLY sure what I'm looking for and have a hard time finding clothes I like in store.  I've only had a few items totally not work for me and I feel like the stylist really reads your comments and adjusts accordingly.  I think I would have had a much harder time with getting clothes I liked if I didn't have a pinterest board with different outfits and inspirations.
Kourtney C.
Norman, OK
When I fix tried stitch fix, I love it. Loved the clothes, concept, everything. Now it’s “okay”. I now use Trunk Club because I like it so much better. I felt like stitch fix stylists didn’t pay attention to my style, Pinterest boards, or even specific comments I left them. They began sending me boxes of clothes and I would end up sending the whole thing back because it either didn’t fit or it was totally not my style.
Allison C.
Winter Spgs, FL
Fashionista Expert Level 2
I love this company! It’s so convenient to have someone send me clothes that I can try o in my house and easily return if I don’t like them. The price points are definitely higher than where I would normally shop (Target, TJ Maxx) but the quality is also a lot better. I’ve gotten about 10 boxes from them over the past couple years and they’re the clothes I wear most often in my closet!
Janae U.
Fresno, CA
If I could give this no stars I would. Doesn’t tell you straight out that they wanna give you the most expensive stuff without considering your budget, even when you give a specific budget. And then when you send everything back they continue to send you email after email about how they changed and they have styles with you in mind and prices that you’ll love and it’s all lies.
Beth L.
Feeding Hills, MA
Are you willing to lose 20 dollars on a stylist fee?
Lori A.
Cullman, AL
What if you hate the outfits or they don't fit?
Amanda L.
Etters, PA
What is the average cost of the one piece of garment that they send? I have been looking at this to improve my work style since I'll be moving from a satellite office to the HQ of where I work. Has anyone purchased any professional or work type clothing from them?
Ashlen M.
Louisville, KY
Fashionista Expert Level 3
I am curious about some of the various prices people have paid for items. I got on the site today to look at it and it said that most of their price points start at around $50 (which seems crazy high to me). Is it worth it? How is the quality of the items? What sorts of brands have you gotten?
Sarah C.
New Albany, IN
I tried this for almost a year and never felt like the fixes were personalized to me. I never liked more than one item and a couple of times I didn't keep any. I'm not picky. Any suggestions on how to ensure it's more personalized next time?