28 varieties available
Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner
4.30 / 5 based on 1,319 Reviews
Smudge that won't budge!
Our bestselling Smudge Sticks are available in an array of matte and shimmer formulas that stay-not-stray for reliable color payoff that's second to none. With a range of gorgeous shades to choose from, they feature a cocktail of moisturizing ingredients that ensures color glides on smooth (no tugging or pulling) and the waterproof formula won't budge or fade.
What's more, our Smudge Sticks can be used as a classic pencil liner or a smudgy eye shadow - simply smudge with your fingers or a brush. The color sets after you've had time to get your desired effect, and then stays put all day.
- Trace along upper and lower lashes to use as an eye liner.
- For eye shadow, use your fingers to smudge it out before color sets.
- No sharpener necessary!
- For best use, remove the cap, twist counterclockwise multiple times (it may take several twists), and apply!
- Note: the propel pencil does not retract.
Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg/Ppg-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Bronze Powder (Ci 77400), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000) . May contain carmine as a color additive.see more...
Top Questions See all 69 Q&A
Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner
- "I got this at my local Nordstrom Rack for $15. All of the colors are extremely creamy but dry to a waterproof finish after about 60 seconds. There are large chunks of shimmer and glitter but it flatters my eye color beautifully. If you apply a generous amount on the eye lids it can be used as a colored base for eyeshadows" in 35 reviews
- "Beautiful colors, all day wear. Goes on silky smooth and smudges nicely. I did however see some running under my eye after a few hours when I wore it in my waterline. A quick wipe and I was good to go! " in 30 reviews
- "Picked these up on Hautelook as they were discounted after the holidays. The shimmer in the color makes for a softer, less intense look, which I find very pleasing. My favorite two were stargazer (black with shimmer) and moray (shimmery olive). Color is muted, but stays all day. Very nice for every day, natural looks. " in 21 reviews
- "It lasts for a long time and and it's easy to put on unlike most eyeliners you need to do more than 1 stroke to be visible." in 5 reviews
- "It stays on all day without smudging and the color stays vibrant and doesn't dull as the day goes on." in 3 reviews
Review for: Espresso (matte medium brown) more...
If you’re looking for a great brown eyeliner, definitely try this one. The formula of this line of eyeliners is great no matter what color you choose, but there is something perfect about this brown in particular. It does not pull orange or green or grey... it stays a true brown. It’s also a matte shade, which smokes out in such a divine way, if that’s the look you want to go for. Application is smooth and easy. It wears well in both the waterline and tight line for me (my eyes are not overly watery, but I do have issues with other brands not performing as well as this one)
Review for: Turquoise (light turquoise), Alpine (matte pure white) more...
This eyeliner is pretty amazing. It is waterproof and the colors are absolutely beautiful and so pigmented. I love using these to add a pop of color or using white along the water line to make my eyes really pop. The formula makes them buttery soft which is great for application, but be careful because it also makes it easy to wear down and break. I'd say the only real cons are the price is definitely up there at roughly $20 and they do tend to break easily.
Review for: Stingray more...
OMG I cannot stress enough how great still is with their eyeliners. They definitely do not get enough credit for their formula because some people still think Kat Von D,s tattoo liner is better. Don't get me wrong I like Kat and her makeup but holy cow! Still definitely has every eyeliner beat. I use this smudge stick for my water line only and it so pigmented I don't need to use a lot.
I really like Stilla and pretty much all I have tried from them very rarely am I disappointed in the brand, these are good liners so I got a bunch of them at a great price. Bad mistake. Half if them have dried out. Good makeup just dont buy in bulk even if you ge th them ag a good deal (lots of stilla at TJ Max)
When I purchased this, I didn’t realize that it had shimmer in it. But I love it! It isn’t overwhelming. Very subtle. I use it almost every day. My ONLY complaint is that there isn’t a whole lot in there. I went through it much faster than any other brands that I also used every day in the past.
Review for: Gilded more...
I loveddddd these eyeliners. I would use the metallic sepia or taupe shades as a liner on my top lid for awhile. I also used the periwinkle and turquoise shade too. They're very creamy upon application but unfortunately they discontinued my favorite metallic shades :(
Review for: Stingray (jet black) more...
This is the only retractable pencil liner that I can get to stay put in my waterline. It gives some time to smudge it out, but once it sets, it sets. This has been my go to for literally 5 years and I still don’t plan on changing any time soon!
Review for: Tetra (shimmering eggplant purple) more...
Stila Smudge stick Waterproof eyeliner is a good product it does run a little but I think that has more to do with the fact that I have very oily eyes. I love this purple color looks great with my green eyes. And I love the fine point tip.
These liners are so pigmented and beautiful. They glide on the eye and water line super easy. I have blue eyes and the peachy liner makes my eyes look bigger, when placed in the waterline. I would definitely buy again in black and brown
Q & A
What's your favorite Stila Smudge Stick color? I'm partial to Purple Tang, which is a ridiculous thing to say out loud.
What is your favorite shade?
Does anyone else have an issue with the liner not twisting up? I literally just got mine in the mail and it is unusable past the first initial nub because it won't turn up. Wondering if anyone else had the same issue?
Does this product last on the waterline? I know it says waterproof but constant moisture at the waterline makes me wonder
Is the texture of this liner like a pencil vs a liquid? Will it stay on all day without wearing off by the time I'm leaving work?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos