BY STILA

Smudge that won't budge!

Our bestselling Smudge Sticks are available in an array of matte and shimmer formulas that stay-not-stray for reliable color payoff that's second to none. With a range of gorgeous shades to choose from, they feature a cocktail of moisturizing ingredients that ensures color glides on smooth (no tugging or pulling) and the waterproof formula won't budge or fade.

What's more, our Smudge Sticks can be used as a classic pencil liner or a smudgy eye shadow - simply smudge with your fingers or a brush. The color sets after you've had time to get your desired effect, and then stays put all day.

Tips:

• Trace along upper and lower lashes to use as an eye liner.
  • For eye shadow, use your fingers to smudge it out before color sets.
  • No sharpener necessary!
  • For best use, remove the cap, twist counterclockwise multiple times (it may take several twists), and apply!
  • Note: the propel pencil does not retract.

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg/Ppg-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Bronze Powder (Ci 77400), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000) . May contain carmine as a color additive.

Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner
  • "I got this at my local Nordstrom Rack for $15. All of the colors are extremely creamy but dry to a waterproof finish after about 60 seconds. There are large chunks of shimmer and glitter but it flatters my eye color beautifully. If you apply a generous amount on the eye lids it can be used as a colored base for eyeshadows" in 35 reviews
  • "Beautiful colors, all day wear. Goes on silky smooth and smudges nicely. I did however see some running under my eye after a few hours when I wore it in my waterline. A quick wipe and I was good to go! " in 30 reviews
  • "Picked these up on Hautelook as they were discounted after the holidays. The shimmer in the color makes for a softer, less intense look, which I find very pleasing. My favorite two were stargazer (black with shimmer) and moray (shimmery olive). Color is muted, but stays all day. Very nice for every day, natural looks. " in 21 reviews
  • "It lasts for a long time and and it's easy to put on unlike most eyeliners you need to do more than 1 stroke to be visible." in 5 reviews
  • "It stays on all day without smudging and the color stays vibrant and doesn't dull as the day goes on." in 3 reviews
Debra L.
Kingston Spgs, TN
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: Metallic Umber (metallic grey smoke) more...
I’ve tried a lot of eyeliners over the years and this is on of the best. I have allergies that make my eyes water and I need something that won’t smudge off. This liner is always one of my most reliable products. It’s super smooth and easy to apply. No tugging or pulling. I also love a roll up liner that doesn’t require a sharpener. Just run the pencil tip across a tissue to reshape the point.
Tabitha L.
Albuquerque, NM
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: Black Amethyst (matte black purple), Midnight Blue (matte deep navy) more...
If you don’t want to use liquid this is just as good. I have super sensitive eyes so I have to be super careful with anything near them and these are just fine even on my inner bottom lid they go on buttery smooth. Make sure you use them though I had one I didn’t use for like two months and unfortunately it kind of dried out :(!
Brittaney M.
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: Damsel (blackish brown) more...
These pack a punch! They look great and stay in place, they last all day long too! I love how easily they glide on and feel like nothing is there! My only issue is they dry so fast that if I mess up I end up having to use a make up remover wipe to clean up. Otherwise, they are bomb!
Justine F.
BROOKLYN, NY
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: Deep Fuchsia more...
This is a great liner. Admittedly I’ve only tried a somewhat odd shade of deep fuchsia.

The formula is really great. It applies easily and has great color payoff. You can get extremely close to your lash line and it blends beautifully.

No sharpener needed! The packaging is super easily to use. Only downside was that this liner dried out pretty quickly—within a handful of months. I didn’t get much use out of it because of the tricky shade.

Stila is cruelty free ❤️

I’d love to try this out in a more classic color!
Angela W.
Holly
Review for: Espresso (matte medium brown) more...
If you’re looking for a great brown eyeliner, definitely try this one. The formula of this line of eyeliners is great no matter what color you choose, but there is something perfect about this brown in particular. It does not pull orange or green or grey... it stays a true brown. It’s also a matte shade, which smokes out in such a divine way, if that’s the look you want to go for. Application is smooth and easy. It wears well in both the waterline and tight line for me (my eyes are not overly watery, but I do have issues with other brands not performing as well as this one)
Jessica W.
Pearl, MS
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: Stingray (jet black) more...
My favorite black eyeliner, glides on like a dream and the fine point is great for tight lining. Also is good for waterline because it’s waterproof. I’ve tried others but I always come back to this
Cheye M.
Carson City, NV
Review for: Turquoise (light turquoise), Alpine (matte pure white) more...
This eyeliner is pretty amazing. It is waterproof and the colors are absolutely beautiful and so pigmented. I love using these to add a pop of color or using white along the water line to make my eyes really pop. The formula makes them buttery soft which is great for application, but be careful because it also makes it easy to wear down and break. I'd say the only real cons are the price is definitely up there at roughly $20 and they do tend to break easily.
Sidney G.
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: Alpine (matte pure white) more...
I personally don’t use this as an eyeliner but instead to give fun dots near my eye shadow to create a more fairytale look. It stays very well and shows up on pale skin. I’ve bought two of these and love them
Jessica k.
Fairfax
When I purchased this, I didn’t realize that it had shimmer in it. But I love it! It isn’t overwhelming. Very subtle. I use it almost every day. My ONLY complaint is that there isn’t a whole lot in there. I went through it much faster than any other brands that I also used every day in the past.
Shelby R.
I loveddddd these eyeliners. I would use the metallic sepia or taupe shades as a liner on my top lid for awhile. I also used the periwinkle and turquoise shade too. They're very creamy upon application but unfortunately they discontinued my favorite metallic shades :(
Rhea D.
Olyphant, PA
What's your favorite Stila Smudge Stick color? I'm partial to Purple Tang, which is a ridiculous thing to say out loud.
Jen S.
Pittsburgh, PA
What is your favorite shade?
Megan B.
What is everyone's favorite shade and why?
Kristie D.
Pittsburgh, PA
Does anyone else have an issue with the liner not twisting up? I literally just got mine in the mail and it is unusable past the first initial nub because it won't turn up. Wondering if anyone else had the same issue?
Brittney C.
Lombard, IL
Is the texture of this liner like a pencil vs a liquid? Will it stay on all day without wearing off by the time I'm leaving work?