32 colors available

BY STILA

A color-rich, vibrant, easy-to-use liner with staying power. Obsessed with Smudge Pots? You'll go crazy for Smudge Sticks! This highly pigmented, waterproof eyeliner glides on to deliver intense, vibrant color with staying power. Soft, smooth, and easy on the eyes, Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner creates a high metallic, sultry, inky intensity that lasts. see more...

• Has anyone ysed this at the pool or beach? If so how well does it h...1 Answers
  • So some eye liners don't show up very well or go smoothly on your s...2 Answers
  • Is the texture of this liner like a pencil vs a liquid? Will it sta...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Jenna Y.
Jenna Y.
Raleigh, NC
I bought this at a sale online so I paid probably about half the price of what it normally costs. I owe the glittery/golden brown color. I do like the texture of it - it glides on smoothly and is creamy. I am not so sure about the waterproof part because I do have oily lids, and when I apply it on the lash lines on the upper lids, I sometimes find few smudge traces onto the lower eyelids. This can be fixed by applying a similar or light eye shadow to set the liner. You do need eye makeup remover to remove it. The 1 other thing I personally don't like is that it's hard to contour how fine you want to draw the line. Because it is a twist-type, you cannot sharpen it like a pencil and the tip gets flattened when you apply so it's hard to control how fine you want it.
Mala F.
Mala F.
This is by far one of my favorite eyeliner. The formula is great and it very waterproof. The liner is very pigmented and it is great for your waterline. I only have two small complaints. I threw my liner in my bag, and I opened it up and my bag had liner on it, because the cap had fallen out. I secured the cap and the same thing happened again, so it may be hard to travel with. Another thing is that it is hard to get more product from the liner, as you have to twist it for a while for more liner to come out from the top and if you twist it too much, you cannot twist it back. Other than those two minor problems, this eyeliner is amazing!
G G.
G G.
Review for: Turquoise (light turquoise)
I love this line of eyeliners for the color selection alone. They have just about every color under the rainbow to choose from, and the "Stay all Day" formula does just that. The only thing that I'm not totally in love with is the texture/formula, only because it has a very thick and opaque consistency which can make it difficult to get a precise and clean line (but that's just my personal opinion). Overall, I would recommend these if you're in the market for a high-end eyeliner. An alternative that I prefer over these is the NYX slide on liners (which are available in lots of colors and are super easy on your wallet!).
Kerra S.
Kerra S.
Lutherville Timonium, MD
Review for: Koi
I got this eye product in espresso because Ulta was having a sale. It's a wonderful brown color and as a hooded eyed girl I love smudging it through the base of my lash line to create a simple eye look that doesn't budge. However I also swatched the shade "gilded" on the back of my hand which is a GORGEOUS gold color and HAD to have it. So I ended up with both and love them. The metallic colors are so pigmented and smooth and I could not be more happy with this purchase. The best part is they don't smudge around on my oily eyelids! Holy grail product right here.
Teresa I.
Teresa I.
Los Angeles, CA
Review for: Silverdollar
I have to confess, I am NOT a big fan of pencil eyeliners then one day I was in such a hurry to go to work that I forgot to use eyeliner and I forgot I had taken it out of my make up bag. It just so happened that this gem was in my make up bag and I decided to use it. I cannot believe #1 how smooth this eyeliner went on and #2 how long it lasted. It didn't smug or make my eyes look like a raccoon and stayed put until I washed it off! I'm a huge fan. What I love about the smudge stick is that it comes in different colors. Must have tool!
Cyndi R.
Cyndi R.
Raleigh, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I like these liners...when they are easy to apply. I find sometimes they don't go on as easily but this could be room temperature related? Maybe? I don't keep my supplies in extreme conditions but since buying them have found they sometimes take more to get vibrant color to show on the eye. That said, I love the colors and have several. I did keep on in my purse when it was a little warm out and it must have melted because twisting to get the product up and down was difficult. I hope this is just my case and not an overall issue.
Review for: Koi
I just bought this product in the shade moray. I was slightly disappointed that Ulta was out of my usual color, but now I am so glad that they were. Moray is a beautiful and shimmery color. Like all of the other Stila smudge sticks, it stays on all day and only smudges when you want it to. It has a smooth consistency and is easy to apply. I highly recommend this if you are looking for an everyday eye liner or are looking to spruce up your look. They have a ton of shades to pick from, and I promise you won't be disappointed.
Angee L.
Angee L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this product as a gift from my best friend - whom is the best ever! It was my first time using it and I instantly fell in love. This product lasts all day (for me), is super creamy and does not bleed (I have watery eyes), which is wonderful! I use it in the creases for a little something extra daily. I have used other products (not this brand) and have not been impressed. The color is wonderful (I have the color Alpine) and is nice/bright. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an liner.
Tiffany A.
Tiffany A.
Hartford, KY
Review for: Silverdollar
Glide on super smooth which is a definite plus when using it on a sensitive area like my waterline. I do have to hold my eyelids open for a bit for it to set so it will dry and won't wash off so easily. Since my eyes water so much, it is hard for me to find something that stay intact on my waterline all day without having to do touch ups. This eyeliner stayed a lot longer than most of the other waterproof gel eyeliners that I have tried. But after about 6 hrs, it also began to wash away
Holly B.
Holly B.
Philadelphia, PA
Review for: Deep Burgundy (matte black plum)
I haven't used this specific color. My favorite is the dark brown shade called "damsel" but the formulas are the same. The stila smudge stick is the best pencil/retractable eyeliner i have ever used and it is in my daily routine. It sits on my tight line, water line, and eyelid all day with out moving. You can smudge it for the desired effect right after you apply it, but once the product sets into your skin, it's not going anywhere without makeup remover. 100% recommend!
Jen S.
Jen S.
Pittsburgh, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What is your favorite shade?
Lorrie A.
Lorrie A.
Corona, CA
Does this product last on the waterline? I know it says waterproof but constant moisture at the waterline makes me wonder
Kristie D.
Kristie D.
Pittsburgh, PA
Does anyone else have an issue with the liner not twisting up? I literally just got mine in the mail and it is unusable past the first initial nub because it won't turn up. Wondering if anyone else had the same issue?
Brittney C.
Brittney C.
Lombard, IL
Is the texture of this liner like a pencil vs a liquid? Will it stay on all day without wearing off by the time I'm leaving work?
Beauty Junkie Expert
What is everyone's favorite shade and why?