Add a Photo

By STILA
#725 in Eyeshadow
One of Stila s most popular products just added a new shade - Black Cat with champagne shimmer!  Use this limited life shade to create that perfectly defined, sultry eye look that lasts throughout the day. The Smudge Pot formula is a long-wearing, highly pigmented gel eye liner/shadow formula that allows the precision of a liquid liner or wet shadow, with a soft, modern finish.  The comfortable light-weight formula is perfect for lining, blending, and creating a lash-thickening effect without smudging and smearing. Transfer and smudge-resistant All-day wear No clumping or flaking Easy to apply for lining, blending and lash-thickening Contains a blend of golden, champagne shimmer Liner, Black Cat
Photos (4)
zuriel r.
zuriel r.
Gainesville, FL

I have been hunting for a nice matte brown color to use as eyeshadow and this fit the bill perfectly. Most browns I try turn gray throughout the day and lighten up, but not Stila. It goes on smooth and dark and stays that way. NO FLAKING. So many gel eyeliners flake into my eye and I immediately toss them out afterward. I will stick with Stila though. They used to make this in a jade green but it was been discontinued. I hope they bring it back for winter!
Jayme H.
Jayme H.

The eyeliner is smooth and glides on easily initially, however it does dry out after a few months of daily use. It applied well and didn't smudge or wear off mid-day, which is nice. I used the black a lot and also had a pretty shimmery violet shade (starry night I think?). Ultimately, I stopped using this product because I decided I didn't like potted eyeliners.
Katie S.
Katie S.
Durham, NC

This was my favorite eyeliner for YEARS. I used to work at Sephora, and I turned DOZENS of customers on to this product. The color is rich, it applies like a dream, and it is long wearing. And despite the name, it doesn't smudge!! I'm very bummed I can no longer get this at Sephora. Because of this, I have had to move on to other products.
Michelle T.
Michelle T.
Chandler, AZ

I remember I bought this product years ago when Ulta had them on sale for $10. I ended up buying the black shade and it was a mistake! It might have just been mine but the formula was so thick and dry. It wasn't pigmented and it was hard to apply. It reminded me of the Shiseido liner but with a worse formula.
Vanessa K.
Vanessa K.
Corpus Christi, TX

I really do like this liner. Its really smooth and glides on really nicely. When it says waterproof it actually means It. The only thing I don't like about this liner is that it isn't as pigmented as it should be for 20 dollars. It doesn't give that dark black liner I want.
Lindsey A.
Lindsey A.

Smooth application and surprising staying power - similar products, on me, seem to wear off or unattractively smudge mid-day, but this withstood the hours. I just wish it was offered in more shades. Also, these little pots hold a lot of product - a little goes a long way.
Kayla B.
Kayla B.
Tuscaloosa, AL

The pots are small, but there is enough product to last you for months. The liner lasts all day, and the color payoff is awesome. However, I noticed that my pot dried out very quickly, even when I sealed it tight. The drier my pot got, the chalkier the product got.
Patsy J.
Patsy J.
Marietta, GA

I love this eyeliner! It has great staying power once it's dry. If I have one small complaint, it's that it can be just a bit hard to smudge. Using a very thin brush, it goes on very smoothly. The brown color is great, but I wish they had a few more color options.
Samantha K.
Samantha K.
Mobile, AL

This product I use with an it cosmetics 217 angled liner/brow brush and it fills in the entire wing and upper and lower waterline. It is perfect for those sharp wings and doesn't transfer onto the upper eyelid; lasts all day and night no touch ups needed!
Anita G.
Anita G.
Riverside, CA

This product worked amazingly as I was dreaming a leopard on my face for Halloween. It lasted all day and night without a smudge. Felt smooth on my skin not like others all dry and rough. This product was perfect after I tried 3 other gel liners. A+++
Jade M.
Jade M.

Is this a gel liner? Does it come with a brush?
Judy V.
Judy V.
Jacksonville, FL

Waterproof?? And does it come with a brush?
adelita d.
adelita d.
Penitas, TX

I tend to have a problem with all the gel liners i have tried, they always smudge. Are these as smudge proof as the liquid stila liners?
Belinda Z.
Belinda Z.

I've been trying a lot of liners and since I have a oily face they tend to give me raccoon eyes and I was wondering it this product would be different?
Monique R.
Monique R.
Brookhaven, GA

So I recently bought the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in Black because of it having such rave reviews. I actually didn't care for it much. I typically use the intense black waterproof liquid eyeliner from Stila and I looooove it since it really is a very intense black. My question is do the smudge pots perform the same way in terms of pigmentation and staying power?