BY STILA #61 in Mascara

Dare to be HUGE!
Introducing HUGE™ Extreme Lash Mascara… for the biggest, boldest, blackest black lashes ever! With just one coat, you instantly get major volume, length, curl, lift and intense black color.  Go as bold as you want! Even with multiple coats, this flexible, buildable formula leaves lashes soft with no clumps, flakes, or fall out.

Benefits:

• A custom blend of soft, flexible waxes build volume with no clumping
  • Lash conditioners lock in moisture so lashes stay soft, coat after coat
  • Crimped brush bristles hug, catch and coat every lash
  • The curved brush mimics the eye shape so it’s easy to grab every lash
  • Long-wearing, smudge-proof
  • Clinically tested. Suitable for wearers of contact lenses

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Synthetic Beeswax, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Palmitic Acid, Polybutene, Oryza Sativa Cera (Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax), Ozokerite, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil,Copernicia Cerifera Cera (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Stearyl Stearate, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium Edta, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyester-11, Cellulose, Pvp, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Acetyl Hexapeptide-1, Dextran.

May Contain:

Black 2 (Ci 77266)(Nano), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Ultramarines.

• Does this smudge and leave black marks beneath your eyes?8 Answers
  • Do you think this tends to flake off by the end of the day?7 Answers
  • Does anyone else experience clumping when applying this m...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I just got this the other day in my October Birchbox and I have fallen in love!! this mascara is perfect. It did not clump but I also didn't need to keep reapplying either. It is not water proof which is fine unless you had plans on crying or jumping in a pool lol . You could really notice a difference with it on one eye and not on the other. I loved the volume it gave me and the shape of the brush was different than what I am normally used to but no worries. I say get it and see for yourself." in 137 reviews
  • "I received this in my October birchbox and oh my gosh! This stuff is amazing! It's non clumping, lengthens, volumizes, and curls lashes! I only used one coat of mascara total! For both eyes! Never in my life have I used a mascara that one dip into the mascara for both eyes is all you need. This stuff is incredible. I most definitely will repurchase this product! " in 41 reviews
Jacqueline B.
Feeding Hills, MA
I love Stila. They're one of my all time favorite brands. I've also heard rave reviews about this mascara, so when I had the chance, I couldn't pass up buying this. Unfortunately, I have to say that I'm left slightly disappointed. It is a good mascara but I have a hard time with it sometimes. I'll start with the good. I love that the black is a rich, pigmented black and not grey-ish. It's easy to apply. The wand is easy to use, and it's not a big chunky wand like some other mascaras that are supposed to give a more dramatic look. The formula lasts very well on me; there's hardly any flaking or transfer by the end of the day.
Now the bad. The way this mascara looks on me is pretty hit or miss. This has been my personal experience most of the time. One coat looks pretty. It gives me a more natural, slightly longer and more volumized lash look. I really enjoy it. However, it does not build up well on my lashes. Two or more coats look like a clumpy mess. My lashes stick together and some lashes appear unnaturally longer than others. I also like to have more of a "fanned out" volume that my lashes naturally tend to do with most mascaras. This mascara does not fan out my lashes after one coat; instead, it chunks them together and make my eye shape look strange.
So overall, I do really like this mascara for one-coat application. It's nice for every day, and I will continue to use it for that. However, for more dramatic lashes, which I love and which this is advertised for, I don't like it (especially for the high price tag). I personally won't be repurchasing this mascara, since there are just ones that I love so much more.
Ashley H.
Big Stone Gap, VA
Love this mascara!

I tried it through Birchbox and I think I’ve had 3 tubes now. This pic is of a travel size that I’m getting ready to toss bc I’ve used it all, but you can see the brush is so thick and full and really works well on the lashes!

The color is very black as the product states. One coat doesn’t really do much for me, but when I pump it up with 2, BOOM! My lashes look amazingly thick, long without being silly (you know what I mean), dark, and just so good! I get lots of compliments when wearing this!

The other good thing is that it does come in a travel size so that you can try it out if you’re skeptical or it’s also available in some kits that include eyeliner or lipstick or sometimes both at a reduced price.

The full size is $23 and I’m thinking the travel was between 10-12.

Also want to add that this is the FIRST mascara from Stila that I have ever liked!

I will continue to purchase this 💕stila Huge™ Extreme Lash Mascara
Casey M.
Dundalk, ON
I was in the market for a new mascara and this one was recommended by a consultant at Shoppers Drug Mart. I had been using drug store brands prior too and I was looking for something  a little higher end to achieve the results I wanted. This is a great mascara, it is a very dark black and separates my lashes nicely and the wand gives great curl and definition. It does not give the length I was wanting but the good thing about it is you can build it up so I'm sure if I wanted to achieve this look, it could be possible.
This is supposed to be a long lasting mascara however this in no way lasts all day. I put 2 coats on the first time I used it and by the end of the day I looked like a raccoon (mind you it was hotter than Hades out so I understand that). I have been putting on less for my everyday look and I haven't had that much of an issue (a little bit of black at the end of the day but nothing major). With the drug store brand I was using, I never encountered this problem but I'm not sure if this is common with higher end products.
I probably wouldn't buy this brand again but that is from personal preference. I would recommend for those who want the full lash look.
Carrie G.
Iowa City
I got this stuff in a Birch Box and was SO excited to try it. It was my first Stila mascara and.... it is a chunky mess. The second I pulled the applicator out, it was clumpy and looked very thick. Layer one goes on alright, although it takes more than the normal amount of patience to keep it from just sticking my lashes together. A second layer is almost out of the question, and moreso just happens because I have to go back and separate my lashes from the first application. I wouldn't even bother trying to get this stuff on your bottom lashes. Why did I go with 3 stars? I keep going back to it. It's difficult to work with, and it DOES get chunky, but a part of me likes that grungy/unnatural look. And honestly, it goes on better after the bottle has emptied/dried out a bit. However, I absolutely won't spend the $23.00 to replace it once it's gone.
cintia c.
I received a sample from a subscription box and at first use I was like not bad.  The mascara coated my lashes very nicely and I like that the formula is more on the dry side.  But I started to notice towards maybe an hour of wear time it was smudging under the eye and my lashes lost its curl (I am Asian so I have super straight lashes) and there was flakes. It was a total mess. I would not recommend this.

I am trying to finish it since I don't like to waste things, but it just made my routine super tedious. Now I would re-curl my lashes after the mascara fully dries and use a brush to separate any clumps  (from the re-curling).

The upside, I do like the wand, it does coat all my lashes easily even in the hard to reach places.
Heather W.
Berwick, LA
Love, love, love this mascara. Gives me volume and length. The black is very rich in pigment. I usually do 2-3 coats of any mascara, but this takes less time for me and gives great results. I do find it needs touching up after a long day, and I sometimes I do set it with another brand ( usually Clinique or L’Oréal to help keep it in place). It does a excellent job getting my lashes to look how I want with ease, it just doesn’t always stay as long as I want. I’ve tried many brands of mascara and this is staple for me now, my go to everyday.
Pegah A.
Chevy Chase, MD
I never thought I'd find mascara that I'd fall in love with after Covergirl discontinued their 24 hour mascara.  I was WRONG and happily so.  This mascara coats every lash to lengthen and separate.  I've never had any issues with clumping, and I don't need more than two coats.  Sometimes I walk out with just one coat.  That's how good it is.  It's not waterproof at all, but it is contact wearer friendly.  It isn't cheap, but it's on par for other mascaras like Urban Decay, Benefit, and Too Faced.  My lashes don't feel dry either after applying this.  I highly recommend.  I can't stress this enough!
Tracy J.
Ann Arbor
I really like this mascara. I have very thin and short lashes. This mascara thickens and elongates them. Sadly, it can be a pain to apply. You can not apply this mascara in a hurry. It will go on super clumpy. The applicator brush is very similar to that of Too Faced Better than Sex mascara.  If you aren't familiar with that product, the applicator brush is really "fat" on each end and thinner in the middle. Because I have short lashes, I have to switch to a rubber brush applicator to apply mascara to the inside lashes. If this formula weren't so clumpy, I would choose it over the Too Faced mascara.
Taylor H.
Omg this mascara is amazing. My holy grail mascara is Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. Honestly, I can’t see any difference between these two mascaras. I bought this on a whim at Sephora while it was on sale for $12 and I’m so glad I did and I wish I had bought more! It curls lashes and makes them look so full and adds noticeable length. It does flake a little throughout the day, but I have the same issue with BTS so, as long as you are aware and try to gently swipe them off when you notice them it’s not that big of a deal. Also, the product is generously sized and the brush does a good job of coating each and every lash (once again soooo similar to BTS).
Laura G.
I'm a huge sucker for mascara, but very very picky. I've used the same mascara for 8 years (Mary Kay Ultimate), but I got this as a sample from Ulta and decided to give it a try. The brush made it seems like this was going to clump on-- but this application was one of the smoothest, least chunky mascaras I've ever used. It doesn't make lashes stick together or weirdly pointy, it perfectly separates and elongates each lash with great volume. It doesn't feel heavy or crunchy at all, just super comfortable all day. I was shocked and will now be purchasing a full size. Great product.
Johana A.
Better than sex or stila mascara?
Christina B.
Does this smudge and leave black marks beneath your eyes?
Jamie Lynn B.
The Colony, TX
Do you think this tends to flake off by the end of the day?
Christina A.
Pocatello, ID
Is this mascara clumpy at all? I've used other Stila products but not this particular one
Ashley C.
Vancouver, WA
How does this mascara rank in your life? What's your all time favorite mascara?