BY TOMMY LEE WALLACE #53 in Movies

It can be anything. A fanged monster that won't stay on the movie screen. Something ominous lurking in the basement. No matter what your biggest fear is, no one knows It better than Stephen King. Based on the King Of Horror's 1986 bestseller, It is a jittery, jolting excursion into personal fear. A malevolent force in a small New England town takes the shape of a clown, but he's not clowning around. Instead, he terrifies youngsters and brings some to their untimely doom - until some wily kids fight back. The evil resurfaces 30 years later: meaner, angrier, deadlier. And friends who vividly remember youthful terrors reunite to fight It.

Stephen King's It
  • "his refreshing ideas will surely give you a great new thrill without making you feel like you've seen the same typical horror movie script." in 5 reviews
  • "This movie is just plain creepy and scary if you like scary movies than you should totally watch this movie haha its that type of movie you think of before you go to bed and scare yourself lol" in 5 reviews
Sarah H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I have read this a few times. The first time I was a bit too young, 12. I admit I had nightmares! The original movie came out and it was so terrible I had to reread the book to see what frightened me as a kid! I was reminded! It's one of those books that I see something different in each time I read it. Now that I'm 40 and have six kids it's an easy read since I am so familiar. When I do have time to read I can open it to any page and know what's going on. Perfect that I don't have to worry about losing my place! Now the new movie is out. I have seen it. Does the book more justice! Ready to ruin clowns for a new generation! Lol! Nothing like reading the book though. Letting your imagination fill in the gaps!
Terra J.
Xenia , OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I’ve never been a fan of clowns, ever in my life! But this movie was always a childhood favorite of mine. I would constantly watch it with my brother. I think this one is way better than the new one. Although it wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t the same.. at all.
Amber W.
Springtown, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The original and the best. Love it. It's very creepy so I wouldn't suggest it to anyone with a fear of clowns and of course, keep the kids away. This movie gave me a clown phobia when I watched it as a child (so I hear).
Amy H.
Corning, OH
The book, absolutely amazing.  The original movie was great. The best part was the acid inhaler... The new version, I didn't really care for how they did it, but the clown was definitely scarier.  I have watched the original so many times I've lost count.  The new one I've watched twice.
Penny C.
Macon, MS
The made for TV miniseries adaptation of Steven King's novel will always be a classic in my eyes. Great acting and story makes this movie about 7 children who survive traumatic events involving a malevolent clown named Pennywise a timeless horror classic.
Stephanie M.
Waverly
I love Stephen Kings books and also the movies! This was a very long read but worth every minute reading it! Mr. Kings imagination is unbelievable and amazing! There isn't many of his books that I don't like and have built myself a small collection of them and stlll trying to add to it and this is one I definitely need to add to it!
Liberty A.
Corona, CA
Such a classic! I could watch this movie over and over, it just brings me back and definitely puts me in the mood for Halloween. Just saw the remake too, just as good if not better. Both great horror movies, just in time for the spooky season :)
Yaritza V.
Laredo
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I liked this movie although I thought it would be more scary.... it was enjoyable. I really enjoy watching this movie with my friends. They have good actors and good scenes too. I would defenetly recommend this movie to others:))
Jenna C.
Raleigh
I picked up the book in anticipation of the movie. A long read has never scared me off, but the unneeded detail has made this such a slow read, ive put it down picked it up and every time I just find I'm skimming through.
Monica C.
Alamo, TN
This is a great movie!! It has all the makings of Stephen King and his amazing mind!!! Tim Curry is a great Pennywise and is scary!!! The backstory of each kid is really played out well. I watch this at least a couple of times a year!!
Stephanie A.
Rch Cucamonga, CA
Why does everyone think this silly movie is scary?
Jill H.
Calgary, AB
Stephen King's It is anyone looking forward to the new one?
Jennifer H.
Sparrows Pt, MD
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Did this scare you as a kid?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Is this super scary?
Paula F.
Beamsville
How scary is this? I like suspense, but not gore.