BY STELLA ARTOIS #11 in Beer

Stella Artois Cidre is truly crisp, sometimes sweet, and always refreshing, This gluten-free cider is made from hand-picked, perfectly pressed fruit, and is a refreshing option for those who cannot tolerate gluten.

• How does this taste?1 Answers
  • Where do they carry this? I've been wanting to try it out but not...2 Answers
  • Is this more of a sweet or sour apple flavor?4 Answers
  • "It pairs well with pretty much anything." in 1 review
Roe W.
Roe W.
I am a huge cider fan! The first time that I tasted Stella Cidre was at a concert this summer and cidre was the only cider on draft.

Upon first sip, I was not completely sold! I will admit that prior to tasting Stella Cidre, I had been corrupted by the usual brand name "diabetes in a bottle" (oh I meant ciders lol). So this seemed off the mark for me. However, the more I kept drinking this-the more I liked it! It completely grew on me and I think the best part about Cidre is that it gives you some of that beer flavor you like, but also combines a nice refreshing sweetness on top.

Whenever some asks me if they will like Stella Cidre over some of the alternative (sweet) ciders on the market, I always ask 1 question!
1. Do you like to drink beer?
If they answer "NO", I usually tell them that they may not like cidre because it isn't super sweet like many ciders. It seems to be one of the ciders that appeals to those, whom like beers, but want something refreshing or chill on a hot day!

Geanny B.
Geanny B.
Medley, FL
We like Stella Artois Cidre, it is a soft and very crisp and refreshing cider that is a bright golden color and served best cold. It is very well that it is about serving individual bottles as it means this great drink is always better when we drink it and we often share a bottle between the two.
The taste is subtle but satisfying and the taste of the apple has been enhanced with hints of apricot, orange and delicate flowers. If you swirl in your mouth as you would with wine tasting, it is possible to detect notes of fresh red apples, hints of apricot and spicy orange with almonds also detectable. El Cidre is extremely soft to drink and leaves no unwanted aftertaste. It is dry without being bitter and is not too sweet either. With a volume of 4.5% the great thing is that you can enjoy a second guilt drink too.
Anna T.
Anna T.
Hartselle, AL
Stella Artois Cidre is the perfect cider! I've tried many different brands including Hornsby's, Angry Orchard, Johnny Appleseed, Strongbow and Woodchuck. I always go back to Cidre! It is the perfect balance of flavor. It's not to sweet, sour or bitter. It has a light taste in which you can actually enjoy it without it being overpowered by any one flavor. It can be somewhat hard to find depending on where you live and I've only seen it in 4 packs, but if you ever get the chance or just a hankering for a good cider . Try this one!
Amy E.
Amy E.
Framingham, MA
Soooo good!!! I might even go as far as to say I like it more then angry orchid which has been my ride or die since I turned 21.

This 'cidre' as they call it is really crisp and fresh and has less of a sweet sugary taste, which makes it more refreshing then other brands.

There is a little more of a bite, more similar to drinking beer with the cider. So if you drink cider to avoid drinking beers entirely you may prefer other brands.

I will repurchase and very much enjoy the refreshing apple taste with this beverage.
sacha H.
sacha H.
Tacoma, WA
I do not drink beer at all I HATE the taste of it and recently during a concert beer, wine or Stella Artois was the the only thing offered! It was the wiser choice to go with the beer or Stella Artois (price wise) and I can honestly say that I do not regret my choice! The flavor is so light and not cringe worthy at all! I was able to drink a full bottle without feeling like I was going to gag and now I am a full fledge cider drinker!
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
Houston, PA
Soo good! Stella is my longtime favorite beer but I only recently tried the premium cidre at a taste testing event and ended up drinking that the majority of the night. Very crisp and refreshing, has a real cidre taste and not overly sweet in taste, compared to other cidre beers. It's true to Stella which I liked, they did not go overboard with the cidre flavor. Instead it was still refreshing and not overwhelming.
Alex R.
Alex R.
Philadelphia, PA
Bar none, this is hands down one of my favorite ciders and I am gluten free(celiac) and have tried a lot of different ciders. It's dryer than most but not super dry like a magners. Of course it is one of the more expensive ciders out there but it is always worth it, it as a slightly apricot flavor mixed with apple. Always worth it over all the other ciders, especially worth it when it is happy hour and on special.
Terea D.
Terea D.
Louisville, KY
I'm very picky about ciders. Like, extremely. I normally would only drink angry orchard. I love the sweet taste with an after bite. My boyfriend had some of our friends come over for a get together and he went on a beer run, and he came back with this. I was really unsure of how it would taste because of the cost. It has a pretty smooth finish, and its not too bitter. I would buy them again for certain occasions.
Tiffany F.
Tiffany F.
Hamilton, OH
If you like cider (cidre) then you will love this. It's a hard cider that is very sweet but crisp at the same time. It tastes like fresh apples (unless you have one of the other varieties - such as pear, which then tastes like fresh pears). If you don't like the dryness of some hard ciders, then this might be a good choice for you because it doesn't seem to be very dry, in my opinion.
Marielisa A.
Marielisa A.
Posen, IL
I absolutely loved this cider! I personally don't like beer, but my husband loves Stella's in general and wanted to try it so he had me try it and I loved it. Only problem was that not a lot of stores near me sell it, but once you purchase it, you won't be disappointed! Definitely would recommend it for both people that enjoy beer and those who don't like beer.
Barbara r.
Barbara r.
Las Vegas, NV
How sweet is this cider?
Raquel J.
Raquel J.
Gonzales, LA
I have tried Angry Orchard Hard Cider and really like the taste. The Angry Orchard comes 6 in a pack; where as, Stella Artois had only four in a package. I believe the price point was higher for the Stella, so is the flavor better? How do the two compare?
Stacey B.
Stacey B.
Kincardine , ON
I am trying to find a good cider to drink and I am never lucky. I know Stella makes a great beer what about their cider?
Kelsey T.
Kelsey T.
Santa Rosa, CA
Is this cider very sweet?
Holly N.
Holly N.
Is this more of a sweet or sour apple flavor?