Staub Cast Iron 4-qt Round Cocotte

by Staub

The Staub cocotte is unsurpassed for slow-cooking meats and vegetables to tender perfection, and for simmering hearty stews and soups. Cast iron possesses exceptional heat-retaining qualities, so the pot heats evenly throughout. The innovative lid features tiny spikes on the interior that continually release condensed liquid back onto the food, yielding moist, flavorful results.Staub's special matte black enamel interior and self-basting spiked lid guarantee perfect browning and braising for flavor-enhanced food. With their exquisite enamel finish, each piece transitions beautifully from the kitchen to the table. From comfort food to sumptuous suppers, every dish is special when served in Staub.Staub enameled cast iron cookware is the choice of the world's best chefs. With exceptional durability, it is perfect for day-to-day use in both gourmet home kitchens and prestigious restaurants around the world. Built to last a lifetime, these heirloom pieces can be passed from generation to generation.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Staub Cast Iron 4-qt Round Cocotte!
Marsha D.
Martin, TN
Staub Cast Iron 4-qt Round Cocotte uploaded by Marsha D.
Purchased at: Amazon
I love Staub. When I look at my Staub cookware I smile. Staub makes me want to cook and try new things. My cast iron 4qt. Round Cocotte heats evenly with no hot spots. I cook on medium because it holds heat and you do not need to cut it on high...the lid is amazing it fits tight and solid and it has little automatic basting points... to keep your food moist and flavorful. This a solid cooking vessel. It will be in your family a very long time.... you will enjoy using it because the clean up is very easy....... pictured is my 4qt black and my tall 5qt red it has the same features and is the same size circumference as the 4qt... but it is taller. This is a rare find..
Anjuli M.
Brooklyn, NY
Staub Cast Iron 4-qt Round Cocotte uploaded by Anjuli M.
I bought one in black and white and they work so well. These are excellent for soups, breads and a host of other dishes. They look beautiful on the stove and the craftmanship is next level
Daisy S.
Oregon City, OR
One of my favorite pots! Love the small, but not too small size that is useful for everyday cooking. I also really like the dark finish inside, it cleans up extremely well. Browns food evenly and has a nice heavy lid that’s good for braising. Right up there in quality with Le Creuset. A piece to buy and have for a lifetime.
Alyssa R.
CedarPark
Staub Cast Iron 4-qt Round Cocotte uploaded by Alyssa R.
I love my cocotte. The matte black matches almost everything and I love that it comes with a brass knob on top. I can bake bread, cook an entire chicken, or even make soup in it. I bought it for a great price during a sale. It's so easy to use on the stove top or in the oven. Also, easy to clean.
Rachel G.
Lakewood, CA
Got this as a gift for Christmas and cannot day enough good things about it! Easy to clean and even easier to cook.
Irina S.
Perfect dish for baking bread, cooking stew and soups. Love it! Great quality will allow to use it my future grandchilds😄
Shanda G.
Purchased at: Amazon
I loved this when I first received it. I noticed soon after that it had a slight scratch on the enamel. I tried boiling water, drying it and then lightly oiling it to see if it was just dirty or something. The enamel was in fact gone in those areas. I decided to return it because if i got a new one and it flaked or chipped it would be harder to see. Overall it does seem well made and I love the concept of the lid. The one I had may have been a one off so maybe I’ll try it again in the future
d D.
Pinckney, MI
I have owned and used LeCreuset for 15+ years but after trying Staub I think I might like it better. The special lid design adds moisture back into the food and makes it incredibly flavorful and doesn’t dry it out at all.
Sarah R.
I have been wanting a nice Dutch oven for while and so glad I finally caught this on sale. I have made everything in it from pasta sauce to risotto and it cooks evenly and cleans easily. This is one of those one-time purchase items. You buy it once and you will never need another one, in fact, you will probably pass it down to your kids.
Thuy D.
Anaheim, CA
I absolutely love my round 4 quart French Staub cocette! This is my first Staub and I am so glad I choose Staub. This is a quality product that doesn’t disappoint. It’s perfect for hearty stews, soups, holiday dishes, and much more. I really appreciate all the little details that add both aesthetics and functionality. Everything cooks so well & The underside of the lid is designed with features that control the moisture. You can also go from browning & searing on the stovetop to oven. It is easy to clean and so far, I haven’t had any issues maintaining it as long as your take proper care of it being it’s cast iron. Another thing I love is that it’s looks modern and compliments my kitchen as well as my style. The 4 quart has been great for two but could maybe work for 4. It is easy to clean, once I clean it with warm water and dry it through heat. Last thing is good for oven boiling. I expect to have this for many many years. This is one of my favorites in my kitchen!

Looking for your answer?