BY STASH TEA

For our holiday interpretation of a classic Indian drink, we have blended premium black teas with an exotic mélange of spices, including nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, clove and cardamom. Natural flavors of gingerbread and rum give this chai a unique twist. The brewed tea has a spicy-sweet gingerbread aroma, with a flavor that is medium-bodied. This tea is excellent plain or with milk (regular or evaporated) and sugar.

Some of the finest black tea in the world comes from India, the world's leading producer of tea. Included in these teas are the robust Assams, muscatel Darjeelings and well-balanced Nilgiris. However, most tea consumed in India is not enjoyed for its subtle flavor nuances, but instead is blended with sweet and pungent spices to make chai.

Chai is usually brewed very strong, often concentrated, with lots of sugar and milk. Traditional Indian chai combines rich black tea that is boiled in milk with local spices such as cinnamon, clove, cardamom, and occasionally black peppercorns, ginger, and red chilies. The drink is then sweetened with sugar.

Shop our Holiday Chai Black Tea in loose leaf.

Ingredients
Blended black teas, cinnamon, allspice, clove, ginger root, natural gingerbread flavor, natural Jamaican rum flavor, nutmeg oil

Steeping Instructions

• 300 ct - ten 30 ct boxes
    • Note: Substitution with 18 ct boxes may occur

Damian D.
    La Puente, CA
    I'm still working my way through these from last year. That being said, these aren't an everyday tea for me. The spice to black ratio doesn't provide as much caffeine as I'd like, but it's still delicious for a latte if steeped for a long time. Might not buy again simply due to preference, but it's a very cozy and simple tea with milk and sugar.
    Colleen T.
    Greenbelt, MD
    One of my favorite chai teas. Great flavor, not overpowering. I like it more than most chais because sometimes the flavor combination seems overpowered by one spice. This tea is a perfect balance and a great price. Will continue to buy this chai.
    Rachel R.
    Wow, just wow. So much flavor in one little bag. This black teas has the perfect marriage of cinnamon, allspice, and clove. It tastes like Christmas. This is a good tea for anytime of day but I enjoy it most in the evening. I have bought this many times and will continue to buy it. It can be found in most stores but not year round.
    Emily P.
    Adams, MA
    This is one of my favorite teas. I always but several boxes during the holiday season.  Stash did a great job of combining traditional chai flavors with the flavors of Christmas. Spicy and wonderful.
    Claire L.
    Philadelphia, PA
    This tastes like gingerbread! Perfect to get you in the holiday spirit! Very lovely and I really enjoyed it! I love Stash tea, really nice quality! And I am somewhat of a tea snob.
    Kathryn W.
    Pfafftown, NC
    Stash has some of the most beautiful and unique holiday tea flavors and I admire them every year in the grocery store. I got the Holiday chai flavor this year and am in love with it after one cup! It is a basically a spiced black tea with gingerbread and rum flavors. I immediately tasted the cloves when drinking, followed by a rich rum flavor. I really liked this one because it feels so wintery and warmer !
    Samantha B.
    This is such a lovely blend for the winter season. It has the strong black tea flavor with hints of spices followed by a rum aftertaste. Love to mix in a little raw honey and milk to give it a little sweetness and a creamy texture.
    Jade D.
    Saginaw, MI
    I love chai tea! So many good flavors. Everyone in my house hold loves it too. Most definitely recommended it to everyone
    Athina V.
    Winter Springs, FL
    I love chai tea everything. Its amazing. The richer the better, stash tea is perfect when you want something sweet.
    Scarleth M.
    Buffalo, NY
    I would love to try this , I love chai tea and it will be really great if I find one that I like

Amazon