BY STASH TEA

Our English Breakfast Tea combines top-quality black teas from premier tea gardens. The result is a very distinctive, rich tea. It takes milk and sugar very well. This stimulating tea is the perfect morning wake-up drink.

There are many differing stories regarding the origin of English Breakfast Tea. One is that the prototype for English Breakfast was developed in Edinburgh over a hundred years ago by the Scottish Tea Master Drysdale. It was marketed simply as "Breakfast Tea" and become popular in England due to the craze Queen Victoria created for all things Scottish. Tea shops in London, however, changed the name and sold it as "English Breakfast Tea".

Another account claims that the blend now known as English Breakfast originated not in England but in America, as far back as Colonial times. Colonials, perhaps suffering from homesickness, dubbed the blend of black tea customarily enjoyed in Britain "English Breakfast" out of nostalgia.

Whatever the case, English Breakfast has made its mark in tea history and, along with Irish Breakfast, is one of the most famous blended teas.

Shop our English Breakfast Black Tea in tea bags.

Ingredients

• 1 pound loose makes 180-200 cups

Buy on Amazon
Lisa T.
Ovid, MI
The Earl Grey blend is AMAZING!!! It was my first loose tea that I've tried, and I will never go back to tea bags. Brews beautifully, and I reuse the leaves twice.
Kelsey O.
Seekonk, MA
I love loose leaf tea and this one provides a good flavor for a good price. I would recommend trying it out
Christina H.
Vancouver, BC
Stash teas are so good!!! I've never seen the loose leaf version before! I'll have to keep my eyes open for it next time I am grocery shopping
Naomi H.
Nepean, ON
This tea is great because you can choose how much tea you want to use. Great flavor.