BY STASH TEA

"Caffeine Free Naturally Sweet, Dessert-Like Tea Flavored With Pure Spices And Licorice.&Nbsp; Naturally Caffeine Free. For Our Unique Licorice Spice Tea We Combine The Finest Licorice Root From Europe, Cinnamon From Sri Lanka, Star Anise From China, Orange Peel From The U.S.And Sarsaparilla From South America.&Nbsp; The Result Is A Delicious Dessert-Like Tea, Good Anytime, But Especially Enjoyable In The Evening, As It's Caffeine Free. Licorice Spice Is An Exclusive Blend For Stash Tea. &Nbsp;It Is Both Sweet And Spicy With The Distinct Yet Subtle Flavor Of Black Licorice. &Nbsp;Our Master Blender Ensures That Each Handcrafted Batch Is Perfect.&Nbsp; Special Care Goes Into The Purchase Of The Herbs And Spices Which We Buy From All Over The World For This Unique Blend. One Of The Key Ingredients, Licorice Root, First Appears In The Chinese Pen Sao Ching (Classic Of Herbs), Written More Than 5,000 Years Ago.&Nbsp; Chinese Physicians Prescribed It To Treat A Variety Of Ailments Including Coughs And Colds, Malaria, Food Poisoning, Respiratory Problems, Liver And Urinary Complaints.&Nbsp; They Often Used Its Natural Sweetness To Mask The Bitter Taste Of Other Herbal Medicines. Licorice Root (Glycyrrhiza) Is From The Legume Family And Is 50 Times Sweeter Than Sugar. Its Name Is Derived From The Greek Word ""Glycos Plus Roza"" Which Means ""Sweet Root"".&Nbsp; The Romans Called It ""Liquiritia"", Which Evolved Into ""Licorice."" &Nbsp;There Is Also Evidence That The Ancient Egyptians Used Licorice Root.&Nbsp; Amid The Treasures Of King Tut's Tomb, Archeologists Found A Bundle Of Licorice Root. Another Ingredient, Cinnamon, Is One Of The Oldest Known Spices. &Nbsp;Cinnamon Comes From The Bark Of An Evergreen Laurel Tree.&Nbsp; Native To Sri Lanka, It Thrives In This Hot, Moist Climate.&Nbsp; Cinnamon Is Naturally Sweet With A Delightfully Spicy Fragrance Due To The Essential Oils Found In Its Bark. Star Anise, Native To Southern China And Vietnam, Is The Fruit Of A Small Evergreen Tree That Bears Small Yellow Flowers. &Nbsp;The Flowers Are Followed By Fruits In The Sixth Year And The Tree Continues To Bear Fruit For Up To 100 Years.&Nbsp; It Is A Very Pretty Spice With The Shape Of An Irregular Eight-Pointed Star. &Nbsp;Its Chinese Name ""Pak Kok"" Means Eight Points.&Nbsp; Although Not Related To Anise Or Fennel, Star Anise Has A Similar Aroma And Flavor.&Nbsp; It Has A Licorice-Like Flavor And A Distinct Sweet Note. The Sweet Orange Is The Most Popular Of All Citrus Fruits.&Nbsp; It Originated In China Where It Received Its Botanical Name ""Citrus Sinensis"".&Nbsp; Columbus Brought Seeds Of Orange, Lemon And Lime On His Voyages To The New World In The 1490S. &Nbsp;During The Early 16Th Century, Settlers Planted Oranges In Florida, Which Was To Become The States Flourishing Citrus Industry.&Nbsp; In The Early 1700S, Missionaries Planted Oranges In California, Which Now Rivals Florida In World Citrus Production.&Nbsp; Stash Tea Sources Its Orange Peel From The Best " see more...

• Do you like the combination of these flavors?4 Answers
A.Brooke J.
A.Brooke J.
To be honest, this Stash Herbal Licorice Spice Tea wasn't my favorite. I enjoy a good tea and licorice candy. So this sounded like a yummy blend. I like strong spices but this particular flavor really didn't set well with me. Just to much of a twang to it. Gave it a few more tries and it just isn't for me.
Madison M.
Madison M.
Inver Grove Heights, MN
Foodie Expert
I love this tea! I got it at Cub foods on a whim and I really enjoy it! It has a nice flavor that really tastes like black licorice:)
Liz S.
Liz S.
Foodie Expert
My favorite evening tea. No caffeine and settles my stomach before bed. Light flavor is great when you don't want to be hit in the face with a sting tea.
Morgan C.
Morgan C.
Greenacres, Fl
This is by far my favorite of the stash teas. It's somewhat sweet in a way, very spiced and fennely But not overpowering. I drink it as an any time tea. Absolutely adore this flavor!
Amanda T.
Amanda T.
I love black licorice, so I decided to try this tea. It's delicious. At first it tastes like a regular herbal tea, nothing special, then there's a rush of licorice flavor. It is not overpowering or too strong.
Dionne F.
Dionne F.
Stash Premium Herbal Tea taste so good and there is a wide variety of flavors to choose from. You can not go wrong when choosing a flavor, I love each and every flavor I have tried. This tea is great cold or hot and wonderful for sore throats as well. Stash Premium
Tea my number one brand of tea.
Alexandria S.
I love all stash tea but this is my go to tea with te flavors and variety in it. It's calming but tasty and makes your taste buds wake up! I always have oters try this tea even if they don't like licorice.
Jill B.
Jill B.
Allen Park, MI
Love, love, love this tea. It's super relaxing and great if you have a sore throat. The taste isn't too overpowering either, but you can definitely taste the licorice. It reminds me of herbal tea you get at a salon.
Ashley E.
Ashley E.
W Valley City, UT
Delicious! You can never go wrong with Stash tea. I have yet to taste a flavor that isn't great. And ordering straight from the company sometimes gets you some nice freebies with your order. Definitely my brand of choice!
Ian D.
Ian D.
Stash Premium Herbal Tea tastes wonderful! It has this nice black licorice taste to it but it is not bitter. I currently can't have any sugar and this is satisfying my sweet tooth every couple of days. The packaging is nice and each bag is individually packaged. It is available at most grocery stores and is competitively priced. Try it out!
Alexandria S.
Do you like the combination of these flavors?