Stash Invest uploaded by Isabella B.Stash Invest uploaded by Brenda S.

BY STASH #32 in Apps

Pamela K.
westpoint, TN
 I found this app several months ago and started investing a small amount of pocket money into it every month. I like being able to watch my money grow a little bit and feel like I am learning about the investing world without having to contribute large amounts of cash to do so. The app has lots of articles  that explain different topics on the investing world and gives you plenty of advice and choices of funds that you can choose to align with your interest and values. I feel like if you were investing large amounts of money every month that you would probably be better off speaking to an actual financial advisor or investor but for the little bit of pocket change that I have used I feel like this is a great introductory platform into investing.
Megan S.
New Orleans
This is a great app for people like myself that want to say little bits of money here and there, in addition to other investments. It's a great app because the savings is small enough that it does not impact my life in a negative manner, but actually shows me how little bits go a long way. I have been able to watch my account grow over the past few months, and I can pick what I am interested in investing in. I'm also young enough that investing in an aggressive mix is doable, along with some other industries that I am interested in. I feel that the simplicity of the app is the real draw, as I am very much into automation in all aspects of life!
Cedric W.
North Lauderdale
Stash is great application if you want to start investing for the future. It takes away all the hard thinking and having to learn the stock market. They find the companies with most potential to keep rising and break them down into categories for you so you can easily find the type of company you want to invest in. Its a very streamlined and easy to follow. I don't give it a perfect because I feel it is still better to do your research and just use this as a starting point to get into stocks. They charge a monthly fee so it is better to deal with stock directly to avoid these fees.
Vivian W.
Unless you put in a lot of money into this app and a lot more time. It's not worth it. I'm giving it 2 stars because the interface is user friendly but your options for investment is very limited and by the end of the month I was in the negatives. I started out spending $5 on the app and I had received $5 for free from signing up with a promo code, so I have $10 to invest. At the end of the month, I was down to $9 and I could only withdraw a max of $4. I'm still mad they took my dollar and didn't let me take the extra $5.
Jennifer W.
S Pasadena, CA
I like the concept but something about a purely online investment app that takes unused money out of your bank account unnerves me. Since I’m guessing most people who use the app because they know nothing about investing, note that the app does very little to teach you want you’re doing. The articles they send out gives you some information about what everything means (And why you should set up a retirement account ASAP) but at least for me, no where near enough info to feel completely at ease with the platform.
6lue G.
Phoenix
Fairly decent I'm also a pretty fair person when it comes to reviews being that things seem to be fairly situational or circumstantial if you have the time to really do your research this type of app could really work for you but if you're not mentally ready to financially set yourself apart from the common trend of unawareness financially this may not be the best move it does require a little bit of work and time to get the hang of it but over the course of time it does prove to have a fairly decent outcome
Beth H.
NEW YORK, NY
I really like Stash. It's been a great way to get started in investing. If you're already well versed in investments, then I wouldn't recommend this for you. But if you're looking to get started and a little overwhelmed on what to do, then Stash is definitely for you. In addition to investing, Stash does a great job of providing education on how things work and how to invest smartly. I'm really pleased with the app and the fantastic rate of return I've gotten (a little over 20%).
Vanessa R.
Indianapolis
Easy to use application that makes someone like me who is not very familiar with stocks and trades invest! I have a portfolio with a good mix of things based on what interests me or what i think would be successful. I do not like that i cannot choose inxividual stocks, but i guess that would make things a bit more complicated for people just starting out so it's not a huge downfall. Overall i would recommend this to anyone to start a little nest.
Anna H.
Aliso Viejo, CA
This is a good way to start investing if you aren’t sure how to do it or what to invest in. They put together investments and give them cool names that describe what you can invest in. If you have larger sums of money that you need to invest for retirement I would opt for other companies that do the same thing with more options and less fees.
Michelle S.
Manchester, NH
I’ve been using Stash for a few months now after hearing about it on Skimmed from the Couch. So far, I like it. There are some guided components to learn about how to invest and it’s easy to buy more. I wish you could create different goal accounts (now you can only make a general investment and a retirement account.
Sajra S.
Utica, NY
How does this app work? Is it free?