Starbucks Whole Bean French Roast (32 oz.) uploaded by Lili L.Starbucks Whole Bean French Roast (32 oz.) uploaded by Tamara F.Starbucks Whole Bean French Roast (32 oz.) uploaded by Tiffany M.

BY STARBUCKS

Muted with oil, the tumbling beans become eerily silent. A master roaster watches, knowing that if he pushes them a second too long, they'll burst into flame. White smoke hangs down as the glistening beans turn ebony. This is French Roast, and you can't roast it darker. Straightforward, light-bodied with low acidity and immensely popular since 1971, our darkest roast is adored for its intense smokiness. We believe there's a connection between the farmers who grow our coffees, us and you. That's why we work together with coffee growing communities - paying prices that help farmers support their families and improve their farms and funding education, healthcare and environmental projects that benefit those communities. It's all part of our commitment to sustainable growing practices and an equitable relationship with farmers that allows us to deliver superior coffee to you. see more...

Mikaila V.
Port Townsend
Yup, well this isn't for everyone (and by 'not' I of course mean weaklings or the unblossomed in taste...see many below), that's for certain. However, If you dig funky blends with a lot of toast in their roast, this bad boy's for you. It's rich, smoky, and almost burnt tasting, yet doesn't give you the jitters like a medium roast if you wanna pound a few mugs. I love darker roasts because their contain less caffeine, so I can sip them all day. This is a beautiful bag of beautiful beans ready to make sweet obsidion dark love to your bloodstream.
Latrell C.
Lubbock, TX
[product:starbucks-whole-bean-french-roast-(32-oz.)] says it is intense & smokey. The taste can grow on you but the first time I tasted this french roast I thought smokey? It tastes burnt! It looked burnt too. So I'm not sure if thats a thing but it was definitely an acquired taste.
Abbi R.
Chester Sprgs, PA
Absolutely love Starbuck home brew coffee. French Roast is by far my favorite. Dark, warm and flavorful, French Roast is great black or with a little flavored cream. You can also get stars to get closer to rewards and free drinks by entering the star code on your bag!
Katelynn S.
Punxsutawney , PA
This tends to be one of the worst whole bean coffees from Starbucks, but its not because of the beans themselves. I've noticed that this roast often is stale when you get it. I don't know why or even how, but its stale. I've had more luck buying the beans from Starbucks stores than local grocery stores.
Rachel M.
I buy starbucks whole bean french roast every time I buy coffee. I love the fresh taste of grinding my own beans and the french roast has such a rich flavor
Dominique M.
Damascus , OR
This is my favorite coffee ever! I buy this from costco for about $15-$22 if on sale. I love how they're whole beans, because they stay fresher longer. I've been buying these beans for 15 plus years. The taste is bold and rich. I'd definitely recommend the French roast to others.
Sarah S.
Denver, CO
Overall I'm not a fan of Starbucks  coffee. The fact that they over roast their beans just so they last longer is a huge turnoff. I'd rather pay a little bit more and have coffee that's fresh and doesn't taste like the burned dregs at the bottom on the pot.
Tamara F.
Fairburn, GA
In an effort to be more money conscious in 2016, I decided to buy my own Starbucks Coffee and make it at home in the morning instead of buying it out 5 mornings a week. But I accidentally bought the coffee beans and I was like omg, I don't have a grinder. Then I remembered that I could use my Nitra Ninja single serve cup to do the job. And I must say that I will always grind my beans at home because it gives you the same rich, smokey intense flavor that I get at the coffee shop. #StarbucksWholeBeanFrenchRoast Rocks.
Lili L.
Fresno , CA
This is one of my favorite whole bean coffees from Starbucks. I like dark coffee but not too bitter and this is perfect for that. It has a nice sweet after taste and smells just like Starbucks coffee. One bag lasts me a couple of months and is worth every penny
Erica C.
Austin, TX
I got this as a gift once and it was pretty good. I don't think I would go out and buy it since I already have a favorite coffee brand, but it did have a nice rich and strong flavor and it's cheaper than going to starbucks and buying a cup of coffee. So kudos to that!